THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas teen whose heart stopped 20 minutes says he saw Jesus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a homeless guy giving him CPR.

When I was out those 20 minutes, I saw a man who had long ruffled hair and kind of a thick beard

Sounds like Jesus, or a homeless man

I'm convinced

I am serious, MLD....

Read, "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander, M.D. "A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife"

You will have to respect his credentials, if not necessarily his conclusions.

As a voracious supporter of 'Science', be it MMGW, Religion, etc., I believe you'll find this interesting.

Only a couple hundred pages.

Tell me what you think after you've read the book.

You should all financially set people for life by buying the books they wrote when they had a near death experience, because they're always telling the truth. Always. Never once occurred to anyone that they could rope in a bunch of marks with visions of their afterlife.

You should all financially set people for life by buying the books they wrote when they had a near death experience, because they're always telling the truth. Always. Never once occurred to anyone that they could rope in a bunch of marks with visions of their afterlife.

54jh8z.png

I know of a retired Barberton Police Officer who had severe heart problems. His heart stopped for several minutes and he was clinically dead. He swears that he was floating above his body while the crash team worked on him, he even remembered who was in the room and what type of clothing they wore. He then saw a tunnel with a light at the end which he started to get pulled into. He saw figures in the light when all of the sudden he felt himself being pulled backwards and then he was conscious again.

Hey I'm not telling you what to believe or not to believe. I personally don't buy it, mostly because like everyone else I've had thousands of weird dreams. And being pronounced clinically dead... Sorry, in my decidedly unscientific opinion when you are dead, you are dead..

WSS

There is probably something to these experiences but unfortunately too much of it is bullshit. Some kid just recently admitted he made it all up and he wrote some best seller or something...made a movie...I dunno I just remember reading something about it. Dude admitted his parents pressured him into the story so they could all make money. Makes me sick cause this is afterall the greatest question that all mankind faces, his mortality and the continuance of the soul. I have personal beleifs on this that mirror Gnosticism, but I don't talk much about them cause it ain't my place. What I've experienced are my own experiences, the universe was showing "me" something...not anyone else. So my interpretation of what I saw/experienced could infact be greatly flawed....I have no idea but I know I want to pursue it further.

Too many people throughout time thought it was their duty to impress on people their own experiences and that's caused people to believe in improper things, improper ways of doing things. We all have our own journey through this place and it's not our place to tell people that our reality is necessarily their reality.

The Apostle Paul went to heaven and returned. The Apostle Paul said he knew a man (all scholars agree Paul is referring to himself) who was caught up to the third heaven. 2 Corinthians 12:2,4....King James Bible - I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

No doubt a person can falsely claim a trip to heaven to sell books, make a movie or gain an audience and I don't know if these people are genuine or not but I believe the Apostle Paul when he says he did. Paul was so humbled by his experience he did not even refer to himself as the one who went to heaven.

Paul was handpicked by Jesus to take the gospel to the Gentiles and the writings of Paul make up a good deal of our New Covenant.

Nobody knows for sure but the occasion Paul had his experience in heaven could have been when he was stoned and left for dead in Acts 14:19...they thought he was dead when they drug his body through the streets of Lystra and left him for dead outside of town (they didn't carry his body out they drug it out...they sure thought he was dead). Paul after being left for dead got up and went back into the city and began preaching again.

Well, he died for 20 minutes. I'd be more inclined to believe him than some ignorant liberal douche bag dontrarian on a message board (that would be you)

Neither the guy in the OP or myself have given you any reason to believe us. I haven't even attempted to sway you one way or another actually. Either way, neither side (in your mind at least) have provided any evidence to support their claims. Unless this teen can provide scientific evidence to back up what he saw, you really have no reason to believe him.

Paul was handpicked by Jesus to take the gospel to the Gentiles and the writings of Paul make up a good deal of our New Covenant.

Nobody knows for sure but the occasion Paul had his experience in heaven could have been when he was stoned and left for dead in Acts 14:19...they thought he was dead when they drug his body through the streets of Lystra and left him for dead outside of town (they didn't carry his body out they drug it out...they sure thought he was dead). Paul after being left for dead got up and went back into the city and began preaching again.

and that is all dependent on taking the Bible as fact, correct?

and that is all dependent on taking the Bible as fact, correct?

I don't reject experiences but I will take the bible as the truth over anyone's experiences. I believe Paul's experience of visiting heaven because of his authority as an Apostle assigned by Jesus Himself and Paul authoring a good bit of the New Testament.

Just this year we had a young man who wrote a book about going to heaven while in a coma only to later have him say he made it all up. This is why you should not trust someone else's experience as the bible alone is to be trusted. I believe in heaven because the bible teaches it not because of anyone's experience. I am not saying others did not have a real experience just that I don't know. One thing for sure anyone who has an experience not supported or not lining up with teachings of the the bible should be rejected out of hand.

"One thing for sure anyone who has an experience not supported or not lining up with teachings of the the bible should be rejected out of hand."

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with that one there.

Archived