THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas teen whose heart stopped 20 minutes says he saw Jesus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, I guess the real question is where to begin with this one. Though, based on earlier comments by OBF, it is pointless.

Yeah, pretty much. But if you fancy, start at the very beginning. A very good place to start. And you never know, you may have your mind opened a little on the subject. Is it all fudgery of the highest order, like "there will one day come a person, long of hair and bushy of beard, who will walk in sandals and be nice to people" "oh look, totes jesus" or are there actual concrete predictions like "at around this time, this person will do exactly this thing for this reason, and everyone will respond this way" or "a natural disaster will occur in this year and this city which does not yet exist will crumble"

Of course, when you have predictions like those, people are usually very inclined to match the evidence to the prediction, rather than objectively critique the accuracy.

Right. I am more than willing to hear evidence for the other side. But so far we've gotten "if it isn't in the Bible it is automatically wrong."

Also, I was gonna ask about others like Nostradamus, but that site has it covered. Satan did that.

Right. I am more than willing to hear evidence for the other side. But so far we've gotten "if it isn't in the Bible it is automatically wrong."

Also, I was gonna ask about others like Nostradamus, but that site has it covered. Satan did that.

I wonder if Josh Gordon could get his suspension overturned by arguing satan is working in him and agreeing to an exorcism.

If Jesus resurrection is not enough evidence then nothing will convince you.

I wonder if Josh Gordon could get his suspension overturned by arguing satan is working in him and agreeing to an exorcism.

Someone once asked the great evangelist Charles Finney, "Mr. Finney, do you believe in a literal devil?" Finney replied, "You try opposing him for awhile and you'll see if he's literal or not."

If Jesus resurrection is not enough evidence then nothing will convince you.

But apart from a book written millennia ago, edited and revised and translated many times, there really isn't any evidence of that. So you take the word of the bible as fact or not. If you take it as fact, then it is fact, and you're back to the circular logic.

But apart from a book written millennia ago, edited and revised and translated many times, there really isn't any evidence of that. So you take the word of the bible as fact or not. If you take it as fact, then it is fact, and you're back to the circular logic.

Ancient Evidence for Jesus from Non-Christian Sources

http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

I don't think anyone is doubting the existence of a good dude named Jesus... Actual evidence of a resurrection is another story.

Based on your previous posts, you've already thrown out the ability to utilize actual evidence. I wouldn't expect you to hold your beliefs to that standard at this point.

A story in an old book is not scientific evidence. It isn't any kind of evidence that would stand up today. I choose to hold my bar to believe something at a higher standard.

http://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

of course there's evidence of a man named jesus who walked around that area and live around that time. But there is no evidence this dude was the David Copperfield of his time nor rose from the dead. it may very well have happened, I personally believe something very important did happen. Somebody very important was here for a short time. I also believe that the real story and the real msg are lost for all time.

The other guys pretty much said it all. If you don't believe a guy named jesus lived then a) you don't have a decent understanding of probability... ;) and b ) you don't accept the evidence of impartial historians and bystanders, which is stupid.

The point was about the resurrection, of which the only evidence is the bible.

I'm a believer, not a skeptic. There are some who doubt that Jesus even existed so we have made some progress and agree on this much. As for the resurrection that is taught in the gospels so you believe it or you don't. Ultimately, the Bible must be accepted by faith.

I'm a believer, not a skeptic. There are some who doubt that Jesus even existed so we have made some progress and agree on this much. As for the resurrection that is taught in the gospels so you believe it or you don't. Ultimately, the Bible must be accepted by faith.

Which basically means there's no evidence, but you're going to believe it anyway. Fine, do what you want, and I know a lot of people such as yourself have happier lives because of it. Just don't go telling other people, who don't blindly accept whatever unsubstantiated stories they're told, that they deserve to die because they do something your books say shouldn't be done. Not saying that you personally do, but people all over the world use various religions as a stick to beat people with - and mostly when it suits them, I might add.

Please learn to comprehend what you read, Chris - how can there be "no evidence" simply because

you don't know what it is?

What OBF posted in another thread:

"The article I am posting lists 50 signs (and that was what we were told to look for) that the Lord is soon returning.

http://www.lamblion....les_signs11.php"

Please learn to comprehend what you read, Chris - how can there be "no evidence" simply because

you don't know what it is?

What OBF posted in another thread:

"The article I am posting lists 50 signs (and that was what we were told to look for) that the Lord is soon returning.

http://www.lamblion....les_signs11.php"

What if you just believe that Jesus was just a guy and God was an imaginary pal created to make savage people worried about retribution in the after life? I think that may slam the breaks on any acknowledgement that we are in some sort of "end times".

So where did the ghosts you 'saw' came from? If there is an existence after the body dies, wouldn't that at least be some proof to you? Not necessarily in the biblical sense.

No explanation. But that isn't to say that further down the road we may end up having some sort of explanation as to why something like that would appear or why your brain would lead you to believe you saw something like that.

Maybe electrical field concentration?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/afterlife/ghost3.htm

So where did the ghosts you 'saw' came from? If there is an existence after the body dies, wouldn't that at least be some proof to you? Not necessarily in the biblical sense.

I've been out of my body twice so yes for me that's proof "TO ME" that there's something beyond this. I however would never say hey this and this happened to me so you must believe in whatever I do. The universe showed me something, my journey. The universe shows others something else. Can't make complete sense of it in this lifetime most likely.

Archived