THE BROWNS BOARD

Texas teen whose heart stopped 20 minutes says he saw Jesus

No.

Why must you people always resort to the "hate" or "cant cope with gays" mantras? That's old and tired.

I would say the majority view is simply that gays don't qualify, just as legally blind people don't qualify in obtaining a drivers license...it's too bad about their afflictions.

Yes, I understand the analogy is not exact simply because a blind driver can cause harm to others, but you must understand the feeling or idea of not being qualified IS exact, has nothing to with hating or being intolerant of gays.

How exactly do you protest divorce? How do you predict it? That is as idiotic as granting drivers licenses TO THOSE QUALIFIED and predicting who will end up becoming reckless drivers. The "sanctity" so to speak of granting drivers licenses ie...age requirements, drivers tests, must still be maintained. No one knows who will turn out to be a killer behind the wheel.

You're making not much in the way of sense, probably because your analogy is pretty stupid. A driving licence is a qualification that allows you to do something, a marriage licence is a contract between two people.

Please do have another crack with another analogy in case I'm missing something, but I don't think I am. Your point seems to be that gay people don't 'qualify' for marriage by virtue of being gay. The only qualifications for marriage should be compos mentis check, that you're not already entered into another contract with another person, and that's about it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived