THE BROWNS BOARD

Stinkin cheapshot steelers never change

calfoxwc

OK, I will look at this stuff and see what it says.

Edit: after reading that last article....I find it to be speculative. The writer thinks and apparently hopes that all that stuff he says will come true. He makes plausible arguments for it......But nothing he says is an absolute fact (except that Baylor and TCU have actually been the best teams in the state for the last few years.)

I think we all have to wait and see if all that happens long term.

Certainly JFF gave the school a big boost. (But that "good feeling" could certainly be diminished if he fails to make it in the pros.....then he would become just another David Klingler or Andre Ware....which does no good for the school). And the move to the SEC gave A&M publicity...and maybe money (though I am not sure that the money edge will be retained). I do think Sumlin is a good coach....and that he probably gave A&M a temporary recruiting edge over the tired out Mack Brown. But I am not positive that will last for any long term. Charlie Strong seems to be a pretty brilliant guy.

So...I for one will take a wait and see approach.

But I will note this.....NEITHER school finished in the AP Top 25 last year, where TCU finished #3 and Baylor #7. So they both have some ground to make up on their in state competition.

And...oh yea, to keep it relevent to the thread title: Pittsburgh sucks. (can we agree on that?) ;)

As for claims in the last article that you call speculative:

1. The recruiting rankings are not. You can say they don't matter (Baylor and TCU do very well without them), but as I said before, every NC team in recent memory recruited at an elite clip and were chock full of 4 and 5 stars.

2. The effects of the arrogance Texas showed when making the Longhorn Network were indeed legion. It caused 4 of the biggest viewership draws to leave the conference, reducing the value of the Big 12 and making the LHN that much less valuable. It was a mini-cycle of ineptitude and negative results.

You're right the rest of the article is a bunch of fluff. But the other articles I linked go at least a little more in depth on some of the exact figures. Although regardless, the two above effects are alone enough to make the shift seismic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State gets a hi-profile guy from Texas almost every year.. JT Barrett, Demetrious Knox, and Dontre Wilson are the current Texans on tOSU's roster.

Similarly, every now and then a hi-profile Ohio guy goes south.. Trey DePriest was the starting Bama MLB last year but grew up in Springfield.

The one thing I care about regarding SEC football: There is no such thing as SEC speed. Never was, never will be.. I'm looking at you, ESPN. It only ever existed when one team has a better OL, so the WR runs by the DB who gets caught looking in to stop the run.. or the team with the better DT's appears to have faster LB's because they trust the DT's to pinch in and shut down the inside run.

Man-vs-man, the SEC isn't faster.. rather, as it always has been, the team with the best line will win.

Meanwhile, some things suealer never change. Seems that not only did they draft a cheapshot

artist db, but their LT is ...

all of a sudden.... bigger and stronger. Go figure. Reckon they are hard up to get back to

the superbowl? I wonder what the Vegas odds are of them injuring another qb or two to get there.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/18/8620131/pittsburgh-steelers-kelvin-beachum-small-no-more

You sound like a whinney little bitch. Why don't you grow up little boy. SMHSB

Didn't say they didn't recruit Texas. I always liked that they recruited the South. In fact one of my best friends (the one with the torn labrum I mentioned in another thread) signed with Ohio State out of high school.

The SEC gets very creative with DTs and LBs. you will get wrecked without them. Recall Florida went and took Domonique Easley out of New York City.

This was never an SEC debate my man. Don't feel like going down that trail.

Archived