THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Moves PATs to 15 Yard Line

wargograw

Kam Chancellor of Seattle, will jump over lineman and lead the league in blocks. Should have moved the 2 pointer to the 1 yard line. Betting on no Money Signs but more Holding Calls from the15 Yard Line..

It hurts the outdoor teams in the north.

A 33 yard extra point is no gimme when it's December in Cleveland, Buffalo, Chicago, New England.......

This only helps dome teams and teams in the warmer weather cities

Yes, but it will hurt those dome and fair weather teams when they have to kick those 33 yarders in Cleveland in December when we are more used to it. It goes both ways. I see it as a win for us.

Yes, but it will hurt those dome and fair weather teams when they have to kick those 33 yarders in Cleveland in December when we are more used to it. It goes both ways. I see it as a win for us.

You beat me to it. If anything it is an advantage to outdoor teams. Of course that assumes the team has a good kicker. Do we have any kicker signed?

I don't like it. The NFL penalizes kickers and the rest of special teams because they are too efficient. Narrowing the goal posts would have been a better solution.

and put the uprights on a track so they could be moved side-to-side to really make the kick exciting.

I don't like it. The NFL penalizes kickers and the rest of special teams because they are too efficient. Narrowing the goal posts would have been a better solution.

Evolution of the game. The kickers have just gotten too damn good. I agree the next step is to narrow the goal posts- they already have once. I'm old enough to remember when the posts were at the FRONT of the End zone, and a 40 yard FG was not a certainty. Hell, back then kickoffs were from the 40- want to try that again now? 90% + of the kickoffs would be out of play.

LOL, if the NBA wanted to take a clue from the NFL- they should have long ago raised the baskets to at least 11 feet- maybe 12, and moved the three point line back another 3 feet. But they won't- fans love those thunder dunks. BTW- way back- we used to practice in a grade school gym where you could crank the baskets down to eight feet- and believe me- on a relative level, it takes zero skill to fake out your defender and dunk over him in those circumstances.

What happens in rugby for the 'conversion' is that it's taken from any distance, but has to be in line with where the try was scored. So if you go in under the posts, you have a chip shot; if you throw a back corner fade, you probably have a 40 yard attempt. The try is 5 points, and conversion 2 points.

Not saying it's better, just thought it would be interesting for comparison.

If the wind,snow, rain, and sleet were the exact same every game, then yes the Browns would have an advantage, but it is nowhere near the same each game.

So the Browns might have to kick in different, aweful conditions from week to week. The other team only has to deal with that for 1 week.

Unless Phil Dawson walks through the door, this hurts the Browns IMO

We will see at the end of the year, which teams lead the league in missed XP

I would guess all the outdoor north teams will be on top

I don't like it because it eliminates the fake extra point that you run in for a two pointer, remember Tom Tupa running one in as the holder against the cardinals the first year they allowed the 2-pointer?

I guess you can still try a play from 15, but why would you do that when you can set up at the 2 with your offense?

Zombo

No one on gods earth would attempt a fake from 15 yards that's why the Browns will do it, to throw everyone off.

Honestly if we get Billy Cundiff 2.0 or some other shit for brains kicker, wouldn't it be better to just go for two?

Especially when it's in December and it's 20 degrees with 30mph winds. Might as well go for 2 from the 2 yard line everytime

The other thing that you are all not talking about is the fact that now under the rule change, the NFL has adopted the college rule where if the defense blocks the kick, and can recover it and run it back the other way the defense gets two points. Or if on a two point try they intercept the ball...or recover a fumble they can run it back the other way for two points.

So, there is that added excitement to the play.

The other thing that you are all not mentioning is the fact that now under the rule change, the NFL has adopted the college rule where if the defense blocks the kick, and can recover it and run it back the other way the defense gets two points. Or if on a two point try they intercept the ball...or recover a fumble they can run it back the other way for two points.

So, there is that added excitement to the play.

But what about the safety of the players?

They used to just take the XP play off and they all would just stand around.

Now it's a "live" play and guys will get hurt.

I guess the first one was against Cincy.

I'm pretty sure he did it again against the Cardinals, in a game we won 32-0.

That was a fun season.

I think the coach that called the first 2-point fake was behind the rule change to the 15 yard line, I know he hates extra points.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000058090/Films-Encore-First-2-point-conversion

I guess the first one was against Cincy.

I'm pretty sure he did it again against the Cardinals, in a game we won 32-0.

That was a fun season.

I think the coach that called the first 2-point fake was behind the rule change to the 15 yard line, I know he hates extra points.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap2000000058090/Films-Encore-First-2-point-conversion

Nice stutter step by Reggie Baldwin on the KR, by the way, had all but forgotten about him.

Zombo

Nice stutter step by Reggie Baldwin on the KR, by the way, had all but forgotten about him.

Zombo

Randy Baldwin.. :P

Archived