THE BROWNS BOARD

Obamao tells Coast Guard to accept and work on goober warming or...it's dereliction of duty

calfoxwc

What? Go along with global warming or........

or you'll be court-martialed?

Maybe in Obamao's dreams.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

I swear Obamao is mentally unstable.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/05/20/obama_at_us_coast_guard_academy_commencement_denying_climate_change_dereliction_of_duty.html

I could be wrong, but I read that as *he* would be 'charged' with dereliction of duty is *he* did nothing about global warming. I can see why you could read it the other way though, as he was being sneaky and using something known as a metaphor, a liberal college object designed to dupe republicans.

So...where do you see Obamao referring to himself???

And, per the UCMJ, which you surely know nothing about, Chris - it isn't just Obamao just

explaining why HE must do something.

In his commencement speech, Obama warned graduates climate change is one of the largest threats they will have to face as they defend the United States and our nation's interests abroad.
In his speech, Obama said denying climate change or refusing to deal with it is negligence and "dereliction of duty."

"If you see storm clouds gathering or dangerous shoals ahead you don't just sit back and do nothing," President Obama said Wednesday. "You take action to protect your ship, to keep your crew safe. Anything less is negligence. It is a dereliction of duty. So to with climate change."

"Denying it or refusing to deal with it endangers our national security," Obama also said. "It undermines the readiness of our forces."

Well, in the metaphor, the ship is the USA, and he is the captain. He sees the storm (climate change) coming, and it's up to him to do something about it.

You could probably interpret it as being not just him but the government, or people in general, but to single out the coast guard is to miss the point of the metaphor entirely.

I see him bringing up climate change for nothing more then get some news. The Coast Guard has nothing to do with that particular subject.

That much I could get on board with, but then he's got to talk about something and I'm guessing he does quite a few of these things, especially leading up to election season.

Archived