THE BROWNS BOARD

Salon magazine says you're not allowed to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative.

"I’m pro-choice! I’m pro-same-sex-marriage! I’m not a racist! I just want lower taxes, and smaller government, and less government regulation of business. I’m fiscally conservative, and socially liberal.”

Throw in love of the 2nd ammendement

And you got someone I will vote for

"I’m pro-choice! I’m pro-same-sex-marriage! I’m not a racist! I just want lower taxes, and smaller government, and less government regulation of business. I’m fiscally conservative, and socially liberal.”

It's called libertarian isn't it? How did the Tea Party get away with calling themselves libertarians for so long?

Because there aren't enough libertarians with a wide audience to call them out.

you're probably right. I'd sign up for the libertarian party in a heartbeat if they got rid of the whacko right wingers that want to weasel abortion, gays and contraception into every fucking political discussion. A "true" libertarian doesn't give a fuck about what other people do with their own bodies so long as it doesn't preclude him doing with his/her own body what they want.

It's called libertarian isn't it?

No, it isn't.

Libertarians, and even some democRATS do not necessarily subscribe to the "I’m pro-choice! I’m pro-same-sex-marriage!" blather.

They can be personally opposed to both but at the same time believe government involvement in these matters is overreach.

You had me until the 2nd Amendment, sorry but militias in the 21st century are a scary thing.

You had me until the 2nd Amendment, sorry but militias in the 21st century are a scary thing.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacon - "well regulated militias are an EXCELLLENT thing. This subject has come up before,

obviously. And some in the past have said "but we HAVE our army, so we don't need citizens to

be armed"

which is exactly wrong. You just have to correctly define terms, regardless of how liberals work to

redefine terms every time they have a fight to fight, which is often.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia

Although, I think it's incorrect that they talk about the military reserves being professional,

by definition,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

reservists do not make their living going to training for a week once every couple of months or whatever the time frame is.

I think the line "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" is probably open to debate. The right bear arms stems from that, so if you can prove the former, the latter follows.

Liberals think everything is "open to debate" because they can

just change definitions of words to fit. It's very strnage.

So there's no question for you that a militia is necessary for the security of the state?

On the subject of everything being 'open for debate' - it's the spirit of questioning everything that makes me do it, and probably a lot of other people you think are liberal.

So there's no question for you that a militia is necessary for the security of the state?

On the subject of everything being 'open for debate' - it's the spirit of questioning everything that makes me do it, and probably a lot of other people you think are liberal.

It would be helpful, again, to remember the circumstances that made the Second Amendment necessary.

WSS

then join a militia. I want to see military style readiness. Otherwise it's a bunch of fat slobs with a chew in their fat moufs heading out for a weekend of drinking and shooting. That's not what the old boys had in mind when they mentioned a well regulated militia. Fucking boners.

then join a militia. I want to see military style readiness. Otherwise it's a bunch of fat slobs with a chew in their fat moufs heading out for a weekend of drinking and shooting. That's not what the old boys had in mind when they mentioned a well regulated militia. Fucking boners.

Could you imagine the pants shitting terror that would result of people actively creating a large number of "well regulated militias"? As is, you get people losing their minds over the very few militias that exist.

I think the line "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state" is probably open to debate. The right bear arms stems from that, so if you can prove the former, the latter follows.

Hey! We beat ya'll brits with militia's.

Plenty of links/references out there that support the notion that "well regulated" means "well supplied" because the Colonial army/ militias weren't. The amendment was ratified to make sure that wouldn't ever be a problem.

The "right to bear arms" however exists as a "right". Much in the way that there are "unalienable rights to life liberty & the pursuit." That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. <<< (that one is important, but conveniently ignored)

Also... and to 'secure,' not grant or create, these rights, governments are instituted.

I'm all for a regulated right to bears as opposed to an absolute one. If a citizen in this country feels that he or she is more safer with a firearm or two, have at it. But the best thing about this thread is anyone thinking that everyday citizens could in any way, shape or form take on the US Military Machine. Grab your Desert Eagle and hop in your Hummer but a single aircraft carrier fully loaded will eliminate your state.

I'm all for a regulated right to bears as opposed to an absolute one. If a citizen in this country feels that he or she is more safer with a firearm or two, have at it. But the best thing about this thread is anyone thinking that everyday citizens could in any way, shape or form take on the US Military Machine. Grab your Desert Eagle and hop in your Hummer but a single aircraft carrier fully loaded will eliminate your state.

Yeah no one has ever carried on extended guerilla warfare and defeated a superior military.

Yeah no one has ever carried on extended guerilla warfare and defeated a superior military.

Not US citizens vs US Military. That's the crazy part of the US Military is the 21st century, not really fighting for anything. The pundits will talk about "freedom" and "democracy" but try to imagine if a military force mobilized against us in Canada and truly threatened our sovereignty. Screw the drones and "tactical" air strikes. The US Military has the firepower to turn Canada into a dust cloud in a week without even pushing the button. Forget tanks, Blackhawks or fighter jets, the US Aircraft Carrier firepower alone is indefensible but add submarines to that, laughable.

It's the PRINCIPLE of the whole thing. Maybe the doecsh sp? maybe drug cartels....crime syndicates gone wild,

who knows?

but the right to bear arms is the last defense of families and groups of families when the worst

times ever happen.

And those worst times will never really have a chance as long as Americans have guns. That's why

it is in the 2nd Amendment.

I'd join one if they were actually Pro. Run by former soldiers and not stupid fgt gun enthusiasts who have a hankerin to shoot some colored folk.

That was really stupid and narrow minded Cleve. Probably learned that from those "intellectual" liberals you hang with...those same fucks that taught you that the Tea Party is the KKK operating under a different name.

The fact is that many civilian militias are comprised of ex-military. The militias main objectives are to defend the Constitution and to resist an overreaching government. Militias do not discriminate. Anyone can join as long as you share the same principals. They reject anyone who advocates violence or conspires to commit criminal activity....but asshole liberals such as yourself would rather believe the actions of those fringe radicals you may find as being the norm.

Heres a list. Why don't you add meaning to your meaningless life and sign up.

http://www.libertyfederation.com/state_list_of_militia_groups

Archived