THE BROWNS BOARD

Meet the 2015 Draftees...

Flugel

This is the best introduction of our 2015 draftees I've seen so I thought I'd share it via the link - enjoy: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/2015_Rookie_Spotlight/8a61b409-245f-4567-9ce4-d4069d8f7317

Happy Memorial Day and special thanks to all our Vets in the house that made the ultimate sacrifice on our behalves! Alex Mack recently said he was overwhelmed with how many of our troops he visited were HUGE Cleveland Browns fans. That certainly isn't exclusive to just today's troops. I know Diehard and Calfox served our country. If anyone else did so - today's your day to be appreciated or at least recognized for the willingness so don't be afraid to let us know. If you wish to remain anonymous that's okay too.

As you were...

hats off to my fellow vets on the board. i almost feel embarrassed to mention my service compared to the guys that served during conflict and in combat. i was lucky enough to squeak out 6 years during the reagan years, where the world leaders were too chicken shit to cross any lines while he was in charge.

i was doing my daily jog on the acqueduct the other day and i saw a neighbor stop and look up at the skyline above the hudson. all of a sudden heard this huge rush outside the headphones i was wearing and saw two squadrons of F16s dart about 50 feet above the river, go down to the tappan zee bridge and circle back towards the city (obviously fleet week fanfare). we took a second to look at each other as both our jaws dropped.

if you don't feel anything inside yourself after seeing something like that then you're not human. now imagine doing that, seeing that with people shooting at you, bombs going off around you. these people gave everything so that we can live the lives that we live today in this country. i may talk shit about this player on this team or the lefts and rights about politics but one thing i'll never talk sideways about is someone's service to this country. my hats off and hands out to the men and women who wore and continue to wear the uniforms of the USA.

wish everyone a happy memorial day.

now pass the bourbon newbie!

I'm so honored to be a vet mentioned with the vets who saw combat. I talk to Canton Mike,

who really was a combat infantryman in Vietnam, and I think about our B-52 bombers on the flight line

as I walked to my office...

and it just seems like I revere the guys who saw combat, or practiced combat stuff. THANKS to ALL veterans,

and to all the families of veterans who never made it back home or were injured. Have a great Memorial Day.

I want to thank those who served by supporting us who were in the military. DO NOT underestimate your importance!

Thanks again to all those who spent time in the active military.

Mike

hats off to my fellow vets on the board. i almost feel embarrassed to mention my service compared to the guys that served during conflict and in combat. i was lucky enough to squeak out 6 years during the reagan years, where the world leaders were too chicken shit to cross any lines while he was in charge.

i was doing my daily jog on the acqueduct the other day and i saw a neighbor stop and look up at the skyline above the hudson. all of a sudden heard this huge rush outside the headphones i was wearing and saw two squadrons of F16s dart about 50 feet above the river, go down to the tappan zee bridge and circle back towards the city (obviously fleet week fanfare). we took a second to look at each other as both our jaws dropped.

if you don't feel anything inside yourself after seeing something like that then you're not human. now imagine doing that, seeing that with people shooting at you, bombs going off around you. these people gave everything so that we can live the lives that we live today in this country. i may talk shit about this player on this team or the lefts and rights about politics but one thing i'll never talk sideways about is someone's service to this country. my hats off and hands out to the men and women who wore and continue to wear the uniforms of the USA.

wish everyone a happy memorial day.

now pass the bourbon newbie!

Epic post! Thanks Mik! There's nothing for you to be embarrassed about.

What's embarrassing is the way some people in this country treated Viet Nam vets. It ain't like they wanted to lose limbs, get scarred and watch their buddies get killed. Big thanks to Canton Mike for what he put on the line at a time that wasn't nearly as appreciated by all as it should have been!

Did my bit when Saigon fell but fortunately no combat. Didn't think that way back then when I was young, dumb, and full of you know. Nothing but respect and admiration to ALL who served and to those who supported and continue to support our men and women in uniform. Relax and enjoy the day.

Archived