THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland vs. "Golden State"

The Gipper

Very bad news about Kyrie. He will be missed big time, but this Cavs Team almost seems to thrive on adversity. We'll see how things turn out, but they will never quit.

GO CAVS!

Mike

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If GS wants to pass up dunks for 3's you can Crown them if you want too and we had them and let them off the Hook. But with LBJ this team will not lay down for Nobody period Go Cavs this split ain't over IMO..

So we can talk SuperBasket or (basketball) in a Football or (Futbul) terms on this Site.. Damn We got Talent :P

I was stunned by that game. I saw things happen in this game tonight that me, not even being a big time basketball fan and never reffed even a pickup game between 3 year olds, could have called these fouls. Since when can you put your hands on the other guys shoulder in a jump ball? Since when can you hack both forearms of a guy as he's going up to shoot? These weren't "missed" calls. Lebrons drive at the end of the game where he drove to his left, the guy guarding him reached his right arm in and fondled Lebrons chest then smoothly and tenderly transitioned to his upper thigh. Since when can you do such obvious fouls? Every game has missed calls that's just the bricks. But the missed calls in this game were stunning. I've never seen such a parade of missed calls in any game I've ever watched in any sport. There's certainly been single incidences of a missed call that equaled what I saw tonight, but the compendium of ludicrously missed calls tonight was utterly without comparison in my experience.

I don't really follow pro basketball for that reason. The apparently deliberate no calls

and calls that make no sense at all, by certain referrees... it makes me want to never

watch it again.

Michael Jordan, back in the day, used to take 3 and 4 steps to the basket - no call.

And if he did miss a shot? He still got a foul, even though nobody touched him.

And "reaching in" ??? A Cav gets strongly bumped off his feet tonight, they reach in and steal the ball...

no call.

But later, a Warrior gets an easy foul with some Cav trying to reach in and swat the ball away.

And James was getting hammered again and again - no call.

Hell if I know. I only watch the stupid, inconsistently called games because they are in the playoffs.

And now time for all the analysts and talking heads to change their tunes. Can`t wait to see them all start questioning their pick of golden state.

Ta Da This ^^^^ Steven Smith, Did you even see the late left hand block by Kyrie on your man Curry. Yea we played him to long to cause injury and we are (NOT) Done. Rant on Smith. We got to the Finals the same way with mostly no Kyrie and the other parts are kicking ass even in GS. THE REFS-- They suck both ways and usually lean Homer side to keep it close, with always a chance to win. We shall see at the Q. Go Cavs!!!

We can complain about the NBA refs all we want, and yes it was some bad calls and no calls late in the game. But do remember, we had 11 point lead with just a little over 3 minutes in the game. And in a matter of about 30 seconds it was down to 5 by some smart playing and coaching by GS. Then for some reason, we go into panic mode and the team, goes into instant dumbass mode. Lebron starts to manage the game and clock by hanging out at the top of the three point line, looking for a lane to drive. He gets to about the foul line draws a double team, travels, and throws up a brick. Last night was one of the first times he decided to dish out to an open man. I'm sick of the lack of ball movement and team involvement from LBJ. How many times did we get down to the last second on the shot clock and had to throw up prayers? LBJ, can only do so much, and if we want to win, which we can, he needs to get these players involved more and move the ball around trying to create space and easier, higher percentage shots.

And why the hell was Mozgov not in during the 4th quarter... or did he use up all of his travel miles in the first 3?

And why the hell was Mozgov not in during the 4th quarter... or did he use up all of his travel miles in the first 3?

That is the million dollar question. I was thinking the same thing because he was owning them in the first half.

i think blatt kinda answered the mozgov question after the game stating they play multiple line-ups and the one they had in at the end is a winning line-up. i'm thinking they want shooters in just because of the big swing GS can make with hitting long range bombs and cleveland has to match.

i think blatt kinda answered the mozgov question after the game stating they play multiple line-ups and the one they had in at the end is a winning line-up. i'm thinking they want shooters in just because of the big swing GS can make with hitting long range bombs and cleveland has to match.

My next question to Blatt's logic is, the only person shooting the ball at the end is Lebron, unless he has to dump the ball to someone else, which, doesn't happen all the time. I would think if you keep the big man down there he is going to help suck defenses back in. Then if Lebron gets doubled team, which he will, he can throw up the brick and Mozgov can hopefully come up with the offensive rebound or put back. I'm a fan of a strong center and the post up game, when you have one. It's not that Mozgov is brilliant, but he is strong and strong on the boards and tough to defend.

He hasn't played in the 4th quarter all year... why would they start doing it now? The end-game lineup is for floor-spacing and perimeter defense, and if you ask me, it has worked pretty well throughout these playoffs...

He hasn't played in the 4th quarter all year... why would they start doing it now? The end-game lineup is for floor-spacing and perimeter defense, and if you ask me, it has worked pretty well throughout these playoffs...

yessir.

believe i like mozgov too, but i'm no coach. speaking of coach if lebron wanted him in there he'd be in there.

IMO I think Blatt learned he cannot leave T. Thompson in over Moz with over 2 mins. left in 4th to get fouled. Tristian made some but Moz in game may stop the hack attack. JR did some, if you want to call dumb fouls but if aggressive Deli D works on Curry Why not Klay Thompson (that Kid can Shoot). LBJ is making Warriors look Like Wussies. Till one of there Wussies puts on a football helmet and mouthpiece and takes a charge on LBJ he is going to make them stop him and when he does dump off the ball is in perfect shooting positions for other teammates to step into a shot. Something smells good in C-town for now :D..

Note to this thread from the recently completed Trivia: Besides Lakers/Celtics/Bulls/Spurs...the Warriors have won more titles as any other team in NBA history....tied with 76ers, Heat, Pistons currently with 3 each. If they win they will have won 4.

Note also....the Indiana Pacer won 3 ABA titles.

LBJ, can only do so much, and if we want to win, which we can, he needs to get these players involved more and move the ball around trying to create space and easier, higher percentage shots.

I thought it was simply a match up choice. Thompson is a better defender than Mosgov away from the basket and GS had gone with a small line up.

On your opening comment... Yes. The one time late that LBJ fed the high screener, Shumpert buried a 3.

The reason they did not play him is they would have done a shaq attack on his usually poor free throw % late in games.

You're thinking of Thompson, not Mosgov. Mosgov is a 70% FT shooter; Thompson 60%.

Cavs have a formula to beat this team 4 times which worked in game two. Absolutely take away the 3-point line and settle for the fact that there will be a good amount of layups/dunks. If GS makes less than 10 threes the Cavs have a great chance to win.

Cavs have a formula to beat this team 4 times which worked in game two. Absolutely take away the 3-point line and settle for the fact that there will be a good amount of layups/dunks. If GS makes less than 10 threes the Cavs have a great chance to win.

Almost worked in game one.

That is the million dollar question. I was thinking the same thing because he was owning them in the first half.

I agree.

Do you have to match small with small? I agree TT can defend better away from the basket than Moz- but..... Just because you're doing it- doesn't mean you have to keep on doing it. You can bet Kerr & Golden State are going to make adjustments.

The reason they did not play him is they would have done a shaq attack on his usually poor free throw % late in games.

As said previously- Thompson is a significantly worse free throw shooter than Moz. Thompson got intentionally fouled twice at the end of game 2 exactly for that reason. Now the big question is- do you want TT's defense in there at the end of the game as opposed to way better offensive production from Mozzie?

Finals stats- Mozzie 18 rebounds, 33 points, Thompson 29 rebounds, 2 points . So end game- at least on the offensive end, with Thompson in there- you're essentially playing 4 on 5. So Mr. Blatt, have you figured out yet Golden State has no defense against Timofey, short of fouling him?

IMO I think Blatt learned he cannot leave T. Thompson in over Moz with over 2 mins. left in 4th to get fouled. Tristian made some but Moz in game may stop the hack attack. JR did some, if you want to call dumb fouls but if aggressive Deli D works on Curry Why not Klay Thompson (that Kid can Shoot). LBJ is making Warriors look Like Wussies. Till one of there Wussies puts on a football helmet and mouthpiece and takes a charge on LBJ he is going to make them stop him and when he does dump off the ball is in perfect shooting positions for other teammates to step into a shot. Something smells good in C-town for now :D..

If we have the lead, we could certainly try going foul-for-foul with them as long as they leave Bogut or Iguodala on the floor. Bogut is shooting 38% FTs in the playoffs and shot 58% during the season, and Iguodala is 45% in the playoffs and was 60% during the season...TT is shooting 57% in the playoffs and was 64% during the season. I'll take that matchup. If 2 rounds of the foul game fails, then get TT out and go small with J.Jones. The problem with putting Mozgov in during the 4th quarter, is he cannot defend the perimeter and GS will set screen-after-screen to get open 3's which can seriously get ugly for us late in the game...

The Cavs are built to play with the lead, then out-physical teams in the 4th quarter. Mozgov playes early in the game to score points and defend the paint. Late in the game, when it is crunch time we need TT's hustle, rebounding, and defense. If we got behind, then I would consider bringing the Russian out in the 4th, but he is mostly used to dictate the tempo and allow us to run inside-out and slow down the game so we can play OUR game...

I agree.

Do you have to match small with small? I agree TT can defend better away from the basket than Moz- but..... Just because you're doing it- doesn't mean you have to keep on doing it. You can bet Kerr & Golden State are going to make adjustments.

As said previously- Thompson is a significantly worse free throw shooter than Moz. Thompson got intentionally fouled twice at the end of game 2 exactly for that reason. Now the big question is- do you want TT's defense in there at the end of the game as opposed to way better offensive production from Mozzie?

Finals stats- Mozzie 18 rebounds, 33 points, Thompson 29 rebounds, 2 points . So end game- at least on the offensive end, with Thompson in there- you're essentially playing 4 on 5. So Mr. Blatt, have you figured out yet Golden State has no defense against Timofey, short of fouling him?

Your last point about Mozgov , I cant stress enough. I was really hoping to see that laser pass from JR to Moz more often.. I hope Blatt uses that a lot tonight.. Its the surest way to score. Not to mention. Id love to see more transition baskets.. your gonna do 1 of 3 things.. Score, Draw a foul on yourself.. or draw them into foul trouble.. The Lakers made a living at it.

loved the reverse racism of all the black announcers/talking heads today of how steph curry "is not going to let some kid (white) from australia and st. marys check him and hold him down...because he is the MVP and had one bad game."

yeah alright.

loved the reverse racism of all the black announcers/talking heads today of how steph curry "is not going to let some kid (white) from australia and st. marys check him and hold him down...because he is the MVP and had one bad game."

yeah alright.

Well, if the Cavs win this series as I think they will, those same guys may have to kiss Delly's butt as the series MVP. I would LOVE to see that!

Mike

ps: my signature applies to the Cavs as well!

Archived