THE BROWNS BOARD

Woman stabbed with fork for 'taking the last rib,' police say

U.S.

Woman stabbed with fork for 'taking the last rib,' police say

Published May 29, 2015

Ribstabbing360.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

This undated photo shows Sabrina Davis (Delaware County Jail)

An Indiana woman was arrested Sunday night after stabbing another woman in the eye with a fork in a fight over the last rib at a barbecue.

The Star Press reports that Sabrina A. Davis. 45, was arrested and received a preliminary charge of criminal recklessness.

ADVERTISEMENT

An affidavit says Davis was attending a barbecue in Muncie when she raised the ire of the host’s daughter by “taking the last rib from the kitchen.”

The affidavit says Davis told police that the daughter accused her of “taking all the food,” so she retaliated by stabbing her in the eye.

Davis maintains she acted in self-defense and that the homeowner’s daughter was brandishing a knife, police say.

Davis was being held in the Delaware County jail on $5,000 bond as of Tuesday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

you couldn't make that up. Why do these people stumble into stereotypes this hard lmao. A fat black woman stabbing another woman over a rib.....god only in murica.

Yeah pretty much ;)

man what food has done to our society. People literally think they're dying if they ain't eaten in 4 hours. I can drink water and some veggie juice for 4 days and be pretty much fine, 4th day is weird though for sure. But I know people who've fasted for 2 weeks on just water. But this water hog can't go without the last rib?

I suspect there's more to it than trying to cram as much food in your face as possible. The real issue here is why the reaction was to STAB SOMEONE IN THE EYE WITH A FORK about it. Anger management, people. Seriously.

man what food has done to our society. People literally think they're dying if they ain't eaten in 4 hours. I can drink water and some veggie juice for 4 days and be pretty much fine, 4th day is weird though for sure. But I know people who've fasted for 2 weeks on just water. But this water hog can't go without the last rib?

Why in the world would someone want to fast for 2 weeks on just water?

( anyway I could understand it if it were ribs from Big John's Alabama BBQ in Tampa Florida ;) )

WSS

Why in the world would someone want to fast for 2 weeks on just water?

WSS

Lot's of reasons. Didn't Jesus fast for 30 days in any case? Would fasting 30 minutes kill you? lol

In any case, treat yourself to a solid and look up the benefits of fasting...especially growth hormone release. After 12 hours of not eating anything your body starts to make more growth hormone than even the most ardent roid monster could hope to inject. Infact if you injected that much synthetic growth hormone in the presence of excess calories, you'd be dead in a few weeks. That's why the body only produces this amt of GH during fasting, because in a caloric surplus "everything" grows, including cancer cells. In a caloric deficit, only the masters blueprint is serviced...everything else the body kills. Including cancer cells.

Fasting just one day a week would probably keep most of you cancer free, depending though on what you did the other days. One day of fasting isn't going to help a 2 pack a day smoker for example.

Lot's of reasons. Didn't Jesus fast for 30 days in any case? Would fasting 30 minutes kill you? lol

In any case, treat yourself to a solid and look up the benefits of fasting...especially growth hormone release. After 12 hours of not eating anything your body starts to make more growth hormone than even the most ardent roid monster could hope to inject. Infact if you injected that much synthetic growth hormone in the presence of excess calories, you'd be dead in a few weeks. That's why the body only produces this amt of GH during fasting, because in a caloric surplus "everything" grows, including cancer cells. In a caloric deficit, only the masters blueprint is serviced...everything else the body kills. Including cancer cells.

Fasting just one day a week would probably keep most of you cancer free, depending though on what you did the other days. One day of fasting isn't going to help a 2 pack a day smoker for example.

Good post Cleve. From now on you should stick to topics you know something about.

I imagine that is all relative to the individuals metabolism.

My metabolism is fast as fuck. Between that an being active I can pretty much down anything. I would think fasting any extended period would only hurt me.

I could possibly benefit from it. hey legacy fan what's your opinion?

WSS

I would think fasting any extended period would only hurt me.

I'm not suggesting I have the utter highest metabolism, i'm no olympic athlete training 8 hours a day. But I do have a job where i'm on my feet most of the day and then I go wkt on pretty much an empty stomach except for coffee and the little bit of ghee butter I put in it. I do also mix some spirulina into some low sugar juice or water...so i am getting some nutrients in my system before I go hit the gym. But no solid cooked food at all. I this on heavy days as well and on crossfit days. Now I have fasted for 4 days before on just water and some juice but I wasn't working out during that time. Actually having a higher metabolism would probably benefit you in fasting because you'd be into the growth hormone production faster than someone with a slow metabolism.

I could possibly benefit from it. hey legacy fan what's your opinion?

WSS

I'm afraid I can't offer much on the way of how it impacts your metabolism other than I know starving yourself causes your body to conserve fat and smoke your muscle mass.

In your mouth, lack of salivary production (induced by sight, smell, & tasting food) will lead to overgrowth of bacteria. Depending on which bacteria decides to take over, you can end up with rampant decay or gum disease/bone loss.

I'm afraid I can't offer much on the way of how it impacts your metabolism other than I know starving yourself causes your body to conserve fat and smoke your muscle mass.

In your mouth, lack of salivary production (induced by sight, smell, & tasting food) will lead to overgrowth of bacteria. Depending on which bacteria decides to take over, you can end up with rampant decay or gum disease/bone loss.

I don't want to flame you dude so I'm saying this respectfully ok? But you're completely wrong on the smoking of muscle mass. There's plenty of studies out there on fasted individuals. They did one on Muslim rugby players who still excercised during Ramadan fasts. It took 3 or 4 days to impact muscle mass. The body releases massive amts of growth hormone to preserve muscle mass.

That's how humans used to survive, they wouldn't eat big cooked meals for days...just survive on water and some berries shit like that and then go out hunting every few days.

I don't want to flame you dude so I'm saying this respectfully ok? But you're completely wrong on the smoking of muscle mass. There's plenty of studies out there on fasted individuals. They did one on Muslim rugby players who still excercised during Ramadan fasts. It took 3 or 4 days to impact muscle mass. The body releases massive amts of growth hormone to preserve muscle mass.

That's how humans used to survive, they wouldn't eat big cooked meals for days...just survive on water and some berries shit like that and then go out hunting every few days.

Those Ramadan fasts are sunup to sundown. Water/ food available/ consumed when the sun goes down. (This would explain any gains in muscle mass)

I was referring to the weeklong several week kind. (Google anorexia as an example of the extreme)

Also growth hormone is categorized as a stress hormone. Like cortisol and the catecholamines. Extended, excessive release of these always have deleterious effects.

Also growth hormone is categorized as a stress hormone. Like cortisol and the catecholamines. Extended, excessive release of these always have deleterious effects.

I've never heard that, ever. Growth Hormone is the master hormone, without it we make nothing. I can see synthetic GH as having deleterious effects in abundance. But the body left to it's own devices will never make more or less than it needs. Fasting isn't going to make you Andre the Giant and enlarge your heart.

This is debatable.

Is it? I've always read that we wouldn't make any of the other hormones without growth hormone first. It's not a "direct" precursor to the other hormones..well except for IGF. But without GH none of the other systems that made the other hormones would function properly. This has always been my understanding and I've done a lot of reading on this throughout the years. In my 20's I took synthetic GH and IGF so I made sure I knew what I was taking. After a major health scare I stopped all willful intake of anything synthetic including vitamins. Any synthetic substances in my body are there from the environment, can't be helped. But I try to minimize it as best I can.

Archived