THE BROWNS BOARD

Any College Baseball Fans Here?

I never got softball. It's like baseball for pussies? Or is there some actual worthwhile difference? Like, a lot of brits will call the NFL 'rugby for pussies' but don't understand the actual difference and physicality. Is it like that with softball/baseball? Softball = girls baseball?

I never got softball. It's like baseball for pussies? Or is there some actual worthwhile difference? Like, a lot of brits will call the NFL 'rugby for pussies' but don't understand the actual difference and physicality. Is it like that with softball/baseball? Softball = girls baseball?

Rugby is more like Football for pussies. In Rugby, yes, the guy with the ball and the guy tackling occasionally have a "collision". In football there can be 15 more violent collisions that can happen in a single play than can happen in rugby in a whole series of plays.

But on softball....it is a variation of baseball. You can have slow pitch softball which takes out the danger associated with a heavy stone being thrown at your head or body....but retains the hitting running, fielding etc. that baseball has (but with a bigger ball).

There is also fast pitch softball....the ball thrown underhand but at a high rate of speed.

again, a variation.

Here is a primer....very basic.

5 SEC teams in the field of 16. 3 (LSU, UF, Vandy) should advance easily, Arkansas has a tough matchup with national seed Missouri State but gets to host because MSU's stadium is being used by a minor league team this weekend (and the committee did not have the presence of mind to pair them with a team that actually deserved this default national seed).

A&M arguably got screwed by the committee as TCU got a national seed. It looked like we would host anyway because TCU was down 8-1 in the 8th inning of its regional final against NCSU tonight, but the latter pulled off probably one of the great choke jobs in CBB history.

#1 national seed UCLA got bounced by Maryland. California only had one team advance. Not sure how the Big 10 ended up faring.

5 SEC teams in the field of 16. 3 (LSU, UF, Vandy) should advance easily, Arkansas has a tough matchup with national seed Missouri State but gets to host because MSU's stadium is being used by a minor league team this weekend (and the committee did not have the presence of mind to pair them with a team that actually deserved this default national seed).

A&M arguably got screwed by the committee as TCU got a national seed. It looked like we would host anyway because TCU was down 8-1 in the 8th inning of its regional final against NCSU tonight, but the latter pulled off probably one of the great choke jobs in CBB history.

#1 national seed UCLA got bounced by Maryland. California only had one team advance. Not sure how the Big 10 ended up faring.

Maryland is Big Ten you know. When I popped in to look, Michifuck was losing.

What a bitter old man...

Yep, they lost game 1 2-3

Though the brackets of the NCAA Baseball championship do not get the attention as those in basketball, nevertheless, it can be intriguing. Here is a link:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

There appear to be some real rivalry games to make it into the College WS: Florida/FSU, TCU/Tex. A&M, Virginia/Maryland, LSU/La. Lafeyette.

Well they try to make Omaha as diverse as possible so they pair up regional teams in the regionals and supers so that they will knock each other out first, instead of having two Florida or Texas teams (for example) in Omaha.

I know Lupton Stadium in Ft. Worth will be 50% maroon at a minimum this weekend. TCU had a code set up by the alumni association so only their fans could buy tickets while ours had to wait until Thursday. Well we figured out it was "TCU15" and now it's sprayed all over the Aggie boards.

Well they try to make Omaha as diverse as possible so they pair up regional teams in the regionals and supers so that they will knock each other out first, instead of having two Florida or Texas teams (for example) in Omaha.

I know Lupton Stadium in Ft. Worth will be 50% maroon at a minimum this weekend. TCU had a code set up by the alumni association so only their fans could buy tickets while ours had to wait until Thursday. Well we figured out it was "TCU15" and now it's sprayed all over the Aggie boards.

Why would they not do it like the basketball? Seed the teams per their strength...and not by their region? I mean in basketball if Duke and NC are two of the top teams in the nation, they will both get a #1 seed and a possibility of both making it to the Final Four notwithstanding the fact that they are 8 miles apart.

I would guess it's because baseball makes less money so they don't want to travel as much.

In baseball they give the top 8 teams in the country national seeds. They pair those 8 with 8 others, who you could reasonably say are the 9-16th best teams in the country although sometimes you see a pretty average team host. Those 16 all host a regional. If one of the top 8 teams don't win their regional, the winner of the regional they were paired with will host, assuming the winner of that regional is the 1 seed (one of those "9-16" teams).

So generally they're going to give the national seeds (1-8) out to the most deserving teams (although that's pretty arguable this year) regardless of anything else. Then they will pair those with regionals nearby. So Florida and Florida State got paired. TCU and A&M got paired. Missouri State and Oklahoma State got paired (although Arkansas ended up winning the OSU regional).

But if both Florida and FSU were deserving of national seeds then the committee will let them not meet until Omaha.

Not bitter at all.....happy in fact!

Or are you like these SEC fucks who think that I have to root for another Big Ten team just because it is in the same conference?

LOL...Call me a fuck because I root for the SEC when it comes to championships.

LOL...Call me a fuck because I root for the SEC when it comes to championships.

You're a fuck! :ph34r:

(the point is....I root against "my" rivals. Michigan and other B10 teams are rivals of OSU. Don't ask me to root for the fucking Steelers and Ravens just because they play in our division)

A&M and Louisville have won today forcing game 3s tomorrow.

Miami, Virginia, and Florida punched their tickets yesterday beating VCU, Maryland, and FSU respectively, with the sweep.

Arkansas is up on Missouri State late in game 3.

Game 2 still to come today for LSU-ULL. Vandy-Illinois game 2 delayed until tomorrow.

Yep. Vandy had a rain out so they're only in game 2 today. I am about to head up to Fort Worth from Austin.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the following teams win it all: Arkansas, TCU, Tex A&M, Illinois, Louisville.

Trivia: which school has won the most baseball World Series?

USC? Texas? Not sure.

TCU's stadium is absolutely awful. They have no business selling about 80% of the GA tickets they do. Could not see a thing in most spots.

Great game. Really crappy last half inning. Couple bad ball calls that really took it out of a relief pitcher pushing 100 pitches. An error or two. The good ones get the luck. TCU is a far more talented team that we are. Our coach did a great job generally this year with the talent he had (of course the lack thereof is his own fault). Nevertheless, I think it's time for us to move on. 1 CWS appearance in 10 years and it was 2 games and out. Not acceptable.

USC? Texas? Not sure.

TCU's stadium is absolutely awful. They have no business selling about 80% of the GA tickets they do. Could not see a thing in most spots.

Great game. Really crappy last half inning. Couple bad ball calls that really took it out of a relief pitcher pushing 100 pitches. An error or two. The good ones get the luck. TCU is a far more talented team that we are. Our coach did a great job generally this year with the talent he had (of course the lack thereof is his own fault). Nevertheless, I think it's time for us to move on. 1 CWS appearance in 10 years and it was 2 games and out. Not acceptable.

I peeked in on it some last night. It was still tied in the 15th inning when I went to bed.

So the series begins and everybody bails. Oh yes, no BIG-10, no PAC-10 and 4 SEC schools. If it wasn't for home cooking umpiring it would have been 5.

We will avenge A & M's defeat this afternoon. Virginia squeaked by the weakest of the SEC entrants yesterday while Florida hammered Miami. 11 runs in the 4th. They almost batted around twice.

According to WIKI

USC

LSU - Texas

Arizona State

Arizona

Miami

So the series begins and everybody bails. Oh yes, no BIG-10, no PAC-10 and 4 SEC schools. If it wasn't for home cooking umpiring it would have been 5.

Yes....because it makes it boring.

We will avenge A & M's defeat this afternoon. Virginia squeaked by the weakest of the SEC entrants yesterday while Florida hammered Miami. 11 runs in the 4th. They almost batted around twice.

We? Who are We? And why on earth would it be your duty to avenge their defeat? You are showing an LSU avatar....unless you are a Texas A&M alum as well. Graduate school?

According to WIKI

USC

LSU - Texas

Arizona State

Arizona

Miami

Trivia questions are NOT open book tests. They are designed to test what you know off hand...not what you can look up. Its called cheating.

(but perhaps since you are an SEC alum....cheating is not in your lexicon....but is simply standard practice? ;)

Watching the game now and rooting for you guys, Ed. Had a guy in an Arkansas shirt come up to me at the game in Fort Worth Monday night. Said he was in town on business, had nothing to do, and wanted to support the SEC. Good luck.

Archived