THE BROWNS BOARD

this is heartbreaking

Don't hold your breath. ):

Sound advice. Asphyxiation is not pretty.

Did you read the trial regarding the herpes virus being used to treat skin cancer? Interesting stuff.

I watched that. They seem to be having great results with stronger viruses on brain cancers.

Science :D

Reprogramming a virus to remove the part that attacks human cells and target it to cancer, we're on to a winner, hopefully.

Science :D

Reprogramming a virus to remove the part that attacks human cells and target it to cancer, we're on to a winner, hopefully.

To clarify, cancer cells *are* human cells. That's why chemo & rads therapy is such an ass kicker.

Not trying to be a dick, just wanted to clarify.

To clarify, cancer cells *are* human cells. That's why chemo & rads therapy is such an ass kicker.

Not trying to be a dick, just wanted to clarify.

Yes, thanks for clarity. I guess I should have said 'normal' human cells. Either way, reprogramming a virus to specifically attack them based on a genetic marker (or whatever) seems like a pretty exciting development. The idea has been around for a while now, and is being trialled against other diseases, but if it can be extrapolated to all cancers, this is huge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32881552

Archived