THE BROWNS BOARD

hey kids heads up

Yes, how dare those families "whine" about their kids being shot and killed...

The author of that article comes off as a complete asshole.

Is it wrong to steal? Obviously. Were the homeowners in their right? Sounds like it. Did a 14 year old "deserve to die" for breaking into this home? No...

Actually I think home invasions by punk gangsta wannabes are a particularly heinous crime.

Especially against the elderly.

Should be victims wait to see if the punks are going to beat rape or kill them before they defend themselves? I would say no.

WSS

Actually I think home invasions by punk gangsta wannabes are a particularly heinous crime.

Especially against the elderly.

Should be victims wait to see if the punks are going to beat rape or kill them before they defend themselves? I would say no.

WSS

My grandfather, who was about 92 at the time, had someone knock on his door, when opened, knock him to the ground and rush past him, steal about £500 of various currencies (GBP, USD, SGD). He was left with a few bruises and could really walk properly for a little while after. That guy was a scumbag, but death isn't a punishment fitting that crime. Death isn't a punishment fitting very many crimes, if any.

I don't think death is an equal punishment but I know you can avoid it by not breaking into people's homes.

It's incredibly difficult to determine the hostility towards ones person in that situation. With many home invasions I leading to serous injury or death. I can't blame the home owners.

Chris - if your Grandfather had been knifed and killed, then would it have been

warranted?

You have to consider that a homeowner doesn't know the intentions. In the case of

two teens being killed, I'd say I'd be much happier if the homeowners could have called

police and held the teens at gunpoint, if they could have. But breaking into someone's home,

the homeowner has every right to feel threatened with serious bodily harm or being killed.

I think we probably just have less of a 'wild west' attitude to justice over here than you do over there. Knifed and killed my grandfather? Subjectively I'd struggle to be sad about the guy getting the death penalty.

I think we probably just have less of a 'wild west' attitude to justice over here than you do over there. Knifed and killed my grandfather? Subjectively I'd struggle to be sad about the guy getting the death penalty.

Do they have the death penalty in britan? I thought they just made them watch the other 150 hours of Monty Python

Do they have the death penalty in britan? I thought they just made them watch the other 150 hours of Monty Python

No, it was abolished a few decades back. There's an urban myth that you can still get it for 'arson in her majesty's dockyard' but that's bollocks.

Monty Python is excellent, and if you don't appreciate it you suck. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.

I think, under dire circumstances and absolute guilt, that society has a right to protect itself,

and ensure it's continued health, to lay down the law and execute the worst of definately

guilty violent criminals. And it shouldn't take decades.

I think, under dire circumstances and absolute guilt, that society has a right to protect itself,

and ensure it's continued health, to lay down the law and execute the worst of definately

guilty violent criminals. And it shouldn't take decades.

I think for the most extreme - ISIS types - then yes. People who set fire (and generally do bad things) to pets, as well, have a special place in hell reserved for them.

But I can also see the case for not wanting to do it.

To me, this is a double-edged sword.

Did they deserve to be killed for B&E? No, IMHO

However, was the shooter justified in doing this? Yes, IMHO

Brushing aside any applicable 'laws', I believe somebody entering your home is cause for alarm and fear.

Call it, "Self Defense", "Hold Your Ground", etc., I don't believe the shooter should be charged. If charged, on the surface, I don't see ground for conviction.

I'm inclined to agree, John. I'd love to see less than deadly force used, but if this is some little old lady (or man), with only a gun as a means of levelling the playing field, what can you do? Maybe all homes should come issued with tasers that people can use in these circumstances. But then, if there's more than one, a taser can still only incapacitate one at a time (iirc).

Yes, how dare those families "whine" about their kids being shot and killed...

The author of that article comes off as a complete asshole.

Is it wrong to steal? Obviously. Were the homeowners in their right? Sounds like it. Did a 14 year old "deserve to die" for breaking into this home? No...

No they didn't deserve to die but they kinda asked for it by taking that risk.

Is there no internet or TV there? Didn't these imbeciles get the message that you could die by breaking into a home?

Not to far back two teens in Minnesota were killed entering a mans house. The guy was charged with murder and rightfully so because he set himself up to ambush with the intent to kill. I believe he even let the front door ajar to lure the teens in.

No they didn't deserve to die but they kinda asked for it by taking that risk.

Is there no internet or TV there? Haven't these imbeciles got the message that you could die by breaking into a home?

Not to far back two teens in Minnesota were killed entering a mans house. The guy was charged with murder and rightfully so because he set himself up to ambush with the intent to kill. I believe he even let the front door ajar to lure the teens in.

I remember that, and everyone here (rightly) condemning the man.

I'm not a big proponent of stand your ground mentality because I think people use it to stay in a situation and stoke the fire when they easily could have diffused it by walking away minutes before it broke down into a shooting necessity. But in the home? Different story. You break into someones home and get shot that's that. Sorry. I hold some liberal views and some conservative views. I don't presently have a gun but I got real big trench knife and it's flying at anyone that breaks into my home. I'm going for the kill period end of discussion. If he can vacate my premise before I get him than he's gone unless he's got something of mine. But inside the place, it's curtains. Knife, gun....fucking 3 iron whatever. I'm not waiting to see if someone's armed before I go nuclear. Not in "MY" Home.

if you are willing to break into someone's house, then you better be willing to pay the consequences.

While those consequences are very harsh, they are what they are.

Archived