THE BROWNS BOARD

What cool places did your school field trips take you?

StinkHole

doesn't mean the kids have to eat it when it tastes like mud.

Counter-productive liberal weight-throwing.

Would you prefer cake and ice cream every day? That stuff tastes pretty good.

No one said the food has to taste like shit. But yes, a lot of times healthy food doesn't taste as good as unhealthy food. That's why people eat it. That's why our country is obese.

It is a public school. I see nothing wrong with a healthy eating initiative to bring healthy food into school lunches. In fact, it is a very good idea and needs to be done.

Just set aside your political bias. Who cares which side is behind it, as long as it is a good idea. Try to keep all of the asinine visions of food nazi Michelle out of your head. I'm sure the program isn't perfect now, but that is no reason to can it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what real school lunch would you replace with a healthy school lunch?

As I recall call school lunches would be something along the lines of spaghetti or their version of Beefaroni or a pizza burger or a hamburger or Salsbury steak or fried or roast chicken or chicken nuggets, maybe a hot dog or a slice of ham and almost always came with green beans or corn and a little salad, maybe a piece of cake or bread and butter.

No school is putting a big hunk of cake scoop of ice cream any candy bar on the plate for the little fuckers.

so what do you replace with what?

WSS

The school lunches weren't all that great for you when I was a kid. The difference is that kids are becoming much less active. It is just a result of increases in technology being involved in entertainment. When even I was a kid, you had to get outside and find something to do.

You are correct.

When I was in elementary school, we basically ate TV diners. It was a foil tray with some kind of mystery meat, frozen veggies and some brownie or cookie. And we drank whole milk

The school lunch, which we paid for, was probably about 500-700 calories.

We didn't get fat, because we played outside, and we were REQUIRED to take gym class.

Now a Big Mac value meal is about a 1000 calories, while kids sit at McDonalds on their free WIFI

Metabolism + being active.

I ate healthy in school. My mom packed my lunch. I also stopped drinking pop years ago. Now it is just an occasional Kickstart/Mt Dew if I'm sleepy.

I can eat damn near anything, but I still eat healthy. I just had a salad for lunch. I'll just then eat a large pizza and cheesey bread another day.

You can't regulate what parents feed their kids at home. Not really. In a public school though you can.

Any of the Mt Dew family is the worst thing you could put in your mouth from a nutritional standpoint. And for your teeth.

Would you prefer cake and ice cream every day? That stuff tastes pretty good.. woodpecker

Why do you so often take the argument that doesn't exist to have a point?

Go back and read what I said. Giving kids lunches that they think tastes really bad,

will not work. They will not eat them. Research it - it is happening a lot.

There isn't any "cake and ice cream" crap. Again, you divert/redirect the subject to

have some kind of "gotcha" point. Sorry, but that seems childish to me. Before you

retort about my childishness, sure, I good off, joke around, I'm still a big kid at heart.

Laughing is good. I have fun. But seriously - "cake and ice cream" ??? That is just

very, very disengenuous.

The rest of your post was nonsense for the most part. There is a difference between

offering healthy choices, and schools demanding that kids not be allowed to eat lunches

their parents pack for them.

You want a program that educates parents? Fine. You want to make cafeteria food

healthier? Fine.

But you don't start badgering and intimidating parents and students who don't comply. That isn't "non-perfect"...it is

another example of extreme poltiical overreach, like telling kids they are not allowed

to read their Bible on their free library time.

THAT is the FREAKING POINT.

no joke my ex used to drink a case or more of diet dew a day at least 4-5 days a week. She was also batshit nutso Correlation?

Meth dry-mouth aid?

That's a lot of any kind of liquid. Can't imagine she was healthy and it's possible that much sugar/chemicals could effect brain function.

A case a day?

You are telling us she drank over a hundred cans a week or was that a typo?

WSS

No you read that right. What's in a case, 24 cans? She'd leave in the morning to go to school with a full case....Phd in "psychology", yep that should have been a flag but I was young and she was hot, came back with that case almost gone. Would be donso by dinner. And on some nights she would start on a 2nd case if she had to stay up and study.

Everyone I know that drank a lot of mountain dew had their teeth rotted out. I heard from a dentist that Mountain Dew is the worst of all them for tooth decay. Also my wife had an uncle die of kidney failure who drank cases of Mountain Dew like that.

Meth dry-mouth aid?

That's a lot of any kind of liquid. Can't imagine she was healthy and it's possible that much sugar/chemicals could effect brain function.

she had mood swings like I've never encountered. Her only saving grace at the time, which helped her metabolize a lot of that sugar, was she was a fierce wkt queen. Taught classes in the A.M and P.M...was just constantly gogogogo. I'm absolutely certain all that shit affected her brain chemistry.

No you read that right. What's in a case, 24 cans? She'd leave in the morning to go to school with a full case....Phd in "psychology", yep that should have been a flag but I was young and she was hot, came back with that case almost gone. Would be donso by dinner. And on some nights she would start on a 2nd case if she had to stay up and study.

Whew...

WSS

Archived