THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 6/10/15

The Gipper

Here is this weeks opinion survey. Give your answers and opinions:

1. So, we are Cleveland. We have Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, the Shot, the Move, the Decision, the Drop (Dennis Northcutt), the 7th inning Meltdown (Jose Mesa), the Choke (up 3-1 on Boston in 2007 and blow it). So? What is it going to be this year to screw us even with a 2-1 lead? (besides the 2 broken shoulders (Shumpert and Love), the broken knee, the broken achilles heal (Varajao)

2. However, some say that if LeBron pulls it out and leads this group that is playing to the championship that it could well be the Greatest Accomplishment in American Sports history.

What do you consider to be some of the greatest accomplishments in sports history to date...in terms of a player/team overcoming incredible odds to succeed?

3. OK, I will go there for the sake of the SF's here: How do you think the US women will do in the Soccer World Cup?

4. The Cleveland Browns post draft offseason.......assess.

5. A. What movie that never had a sequel made would you have like to have seen a sequel?

B. What movie that did have sequel made should never have had one made?

C. What are the best and the worst remakes of movies?

Here is this weeks opinion survey. Give your answers and opinions:

1. So, we are Cleveland. We have Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, the Shot, the Move, the Decision, the Drop (Dennis Northcutt), the 7th inning Meltdown (Jose Mesa), the Choke (up 3-1 on Boston in 2007 and blow it). So? What is it going to be this year to screw us even with a 2-1 lead? (besides the 2 broken shoulders (Shumpert and Love), the broken knee, the broken achilles heal (Varajao)

I am convinced that there will be some bad call made by a referee that will bite the Cavs in the ass and probably cause them to lose a game and the series. Hey...its Cleveland!

2. However, some say that if LeBron pulls it out and leads this group that is playing to the championship that it could well be the Greatest Accomplishment in American Sports history.

What do you consider to be some of the greatest accomplishments in sports history to date...in terms of a player/team overcoming incredible odds to succeed?

Rocky Balboa over Victor Drago?

I am thinking of two that happened the same year essentially: The Jets winning SBIII, and the Miracle Mets of 1969

But....in reality....it has to be The Miracle on Ice.

3. OK, I will go there for the sake of the SF's here: How do you think the US women will do in the Soccer World Cup?

I think they will win....why not? Go USA

Fairly uneventful when the biggest event is the trade of a 7th rounder for a punter. The one thing that needs to happen is a resolution of the Tashaun Gipson situation. Mandatory mini-camp starts next week... he cant be a douche and not attend.

5. A. What movie that never had a sequel made would you have like to have seen a sequel?

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. Loved that movie and wish we could see more of Jack Aubrey. (a couple of reasons I understand that it wouldn't be made: Russell Crowe doesn't like doing sequels....I don't think he has ever done one. Plus....apparently, while the original movie got great reviews and did fairly well at the box office, apparently the Movie executives would rather make stupid movies of shit getting blown up with CG and stupid movies about drunken idiotic behavior.

Caddyshack.....obviously. (at least they should not have made the one they did).

Highlander. Love the first one....the sequels were sucky, and besides.....if there can "be only one" and Connor MacCleod was the only one left after the first movie....then how did others come about for the sequels?

(I did like the TV show based on it though)

C. Best and worst remakes:

I have to think about the best......but two come to mind as the worst:

Total Recall

Rollerball

both remakes very, very bad.

Sorry... not going there...

Do you believe in miracles?

Better than the men...

Good... seem to be focused... no significant "issues"... no significant injuries...

Every once in a while one of these survey questions stumps me... this is one of them. After way too much thought...

Maybe Bull Durham... might be nice to see how Crash did as a manager in Vidalia. Costner and Saradon are still viable sequel leads.

Opposite problem from the above... too many choices...

All Jaws sequels... all Exorcist sequels... Godfather III... Poltergeist sequels...

Caddy Shack... watched "2" once slack-jawed at how bad it was...

Some other Best and Worst remakes:

Good remakes:

The Thomas Crown Affair

The Italian Job

True Grit (sorry....Jeff Bridges much better than John Wayne)

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Lousy remake:

The Day the Earth Stood Still (with Keanu Reeves).

Poltergeist sequels...

What about Poltegeist remakes?

I think I will add that as C to my original post.....best and worst remakes

Also can cover adaptation, e.g., The Seven Samurai ===> The Magnificent Seven

Sometimes the word "why?" just keeps repeating inside your head as your watch a remake....

Worst has to be Psycho...

Best? Tougher... Maybe John Carpenter's The Thing??? But seems too easy given the Special Effects advancements to pick a Sci-Fi remake...

Nothing is going to happen to screw us.

1980 USA Hockey

1969 Miracle Mets

Jets upsettin gColts in SB

1988 Dodgers with Hershiser and "worst world series lineup ever" defeating A's

Buster Douglas

Girls soccer? Really?

Post draft? I think we got a punter and had uneventful OTAs, which is nice

Stepbrothers

Sharknado

Best ... The Departed

Worst ... Willie Wonka with the gay Wonka

Nothing is going to happen to screw us.

I wish I could be so optimistic.

1980 USA Hockey

1969 Miracle Mets

Jets upsettin gColts in SB

1988 Dodgers with Hershiser and "worst world series lineup ever" defeating A's

Buster Douglas

Girls soccer? Really?

I put that in there just for you Z....knowing of your certain passion for the sport

Post draft? I think we got a punter and had uneventful OTAs, which is nice

I had to get a Browns question in here somewhere.

Stepbrothers

Sharknado

Best ... The Departed

Worst ... Willie Wonka with the gay Wonka

1. King James jams the uncontested game 4 winner off the front of the rim and it is stays up in the air while time runs out.

3. A run for the cup by USA

4. Rehab working and Browns have hope in all phases of the game

5. Don't care

Archived