THE BROWNS BOARD

A Message for Joe Thomas

TexasAg1969

In hopes he may occasionally drop in here.

If you have ever played Texas Hold 'em (I once came in 6th place in a small tournament in La.), there comes a time when you have to push it all in when the cards dictate you are on the verge of taking it all. Guess what! Now is that time. This team is right on the verge of turning it around to be the winner you always wanted to be with. You are the leader of this offense. Push all in!! Now is the time and place and Browns fans deserve it after so many years of fruitless searching for a team to believe in.

That is how I feel too. This team is close and is only going to get better. The team has a better owner (Haslam versus Lerner), better GM (Farmer versus all the others since 99) and a great underated HC (for now) who is getting great talent on this team and knows how to coach and motivate his players.

and a great underated HC (for now) who is getting great talent on this team and knows how to coach and motivate his players.

And I think the under-rated part is fading fast.......I hear nothing but props for Pettine coast to coast.....

Recently, I read an article about 10 HC's on the bubble and fully expected our guy to be there.......but he wasnt.....(nice)

The team is no longer a loser(talk to Oakland, Tenn, Jacks or Tampa about that).....no longer the league joke(talk to San Fran about that).....no longer the FO making crazy choices(Eagles anyone?).....no longer the team with massive holes everywhere....etc etc etc....

I see coaches coming to Cleveland just to work with Pettine.......I see McCown signing with the Browns simply because our Line was great.....I see log jams at some positions because the talent is too deep.....I see first round picks fighting to start because we have skilled veterans ahead of them....I see a team about to cut players that other teams will falling over themselves to sign....

It is "our crumbs and cast aways" that are now desirable....as opposed to us desiring other teams crumbs and cast aways....

Anyone that cant see it....has their eyes closed......

In hopes he may occasionally drop in here.

If you have ever played Texas Hold 'em (I once came in 6th place in a small tournament in La.), there comes a time when you have to push it all in when the cards dictate you are on the verge of taking it all. Guess what! Now is that time. This team is right on the verge of turning it around to be the winner you always wanted to be with. You are the leader of this offense. Push all in!! Now is the time and place and Browns fans deserve it after so many years of fruitless searching for a team to believe in.

I don't have any issue or doubt that JT will push all in. I think he has always done that. 8 Pro Bowls and severall AP All Pros also says he has.

But JT isn't the QB/RB/WR. If we had one of those as good at their position and who plays all in at there position that JT has over the years....this team would have been and would now be a lot better team. But, we don't have that guy....by virtue of the fact of talent (our QB talent has been questionable) or dedication (see Josh Gordon...similarly talented....not similarly dedicated)

I am so glad I'm not the only one with optimism about the Browns!

I am just keeping my enthusiasm close to the vest. I want the Browns to shut up

Everybody! Especially all the stealer fans!....yes I spelled it right!!!!!

I want some justice GO BROWNS KICK SOME ASS!!!

eagles:

release a pro bowl rb, a pro bowl wr and a pro bowl G just to name a fewuh and trade a QB for another QB that will be lucky to play 4 games this year.

yeah chip kelly is the man.

He's buying in 100% to his own system.

If it fails, he won't have an excuse and he'll return to dominate college. If it doesn't fail...well...

It's nice to feel as if our team is finally moving in the right direction. It also feels twice as nice to know that for once it's another team or two that are making questionable moves. Go Chip

He's buying in 100% to his own system.

If it fails, he won't have an excuse and he'll return to dominate college. If it doesn't fail...well...

we saw how his system dominated college football last year even though he wasn't at the helm.

all it takes is one smart cookie to figure you out then all the rest learn how to take down that trojan horse. every fad system has their day and it usually lasts 2 days.

if laurie doesn't see results this year after kelly has dismantled his once very talented team expect him to show kelly the door.

Kelly was kind of a self proclaimed pre-ordained genius......which always makes me kind of root for them to trip over their own ego....

Glad he turned us down actually......I like Pettines and Farmers approach and style of football much better.....

Ill take a tough, hard nosed, win in the trenches football identity over a snappy tricky gimmicky offensive identity anyday.....especially in our division....

Archived