THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Sam experiment over?

Mudfly

Ha!....Looks like Michael Sam got his name in the news one last time...as he has just walked out of the Montreal Alouettes camp and is heading home to Texas...

no one is sure why.....though there are reports that he was homesick......and some reports that he had a bad headache(wtf???).......and some reports that he was playing poorly and catching flak from teammates.....which made him sad.....

Anyway.....pretty funny stuff......Ill speculate this is the true end to any NFL hopes for him......

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schadenfreude???

not often...but it happens.......;)

Mostly because I dont like quitters..you'd think after all the hubub about hin not getting his chance, etc, that when given the opportunity he would see it through....or at least tell his coach before leaving???.....

I was rooting for him. Not because he is gay, but because he is an underdog. I admire his willingness to try, against a lot of hurdles and attention that most of us will never know.

Attention seeking c**t if you ask me, he'll get himself on some trashy reality TV show soon enough.

Awwww, someone has a crush

I get that most of you are just sad, old fucks...but the amount of ignorance here is mind-boggling.

Sorry TC- I'll just leave my opinion on the gay\lesbian question out of it. He just flat out wasn't good enough to play professional football. If he was, he'd still be playing somewhere.

Do you think he deserves special consideration because of his sexual orientation?

Sorry TC- I'll just leave my opinion on the gay\lesbian question out of it. He just flat out wasn't good enough to play professional football. If he was, he'd still be playing somewhere.

Do you think he deserves special consideration because of his sexual orientation?

He may not have been good enough to play NFL football, but I would have thought based on what I saw of his talent level that the CFL could have been a fit for him. That he would leave Montreal.....which was "gay friendly" long before even San Francisco was tells that something else was in play....not sure what....the homesickness? something else?

Maybe he can still be an Arena League player.

No, I think he's a subpar football player, and said as much before the draft. I firmly bieve he was, at most, the third best defensive lineman on that Missouri team.

But some of the people in here can't seem to separate off-field life with on-field life. The guy isn't bad at football because he's homosexual. He's bad because he's not an athletic freak, not a very technical player, doesn't possess fluid hips, etc.

Yet, he's a homo. Or a cunt. Or a sissy. Or a drama queen. Or anything else these guys have been calling him since he was drafted.

No, I think he's a subpar football player, and said as much before the draft. I firmly bieve he was, at most, the third best defensive lineman on that Missouri team.

But some of the people in here can't seem to separate off-field life with on-field life. The guy isn't bad at football because he's homosexual. He's bad because he's not an athletic freak, not a very technical player, doesn't possess fluid hips, etc.

Yet, he's a homo. Or a cunt. Or a sissy. Or a drama queen. Or anything else these guys have been calling him since he was drafted.

Pansy, Nancy boy, polesmoker, pillow biter, fudge packer, knob jockey, pickle sniffer, uphill gardener, a poof, a Tobey, a Chunneller, Subway conductor

a Finocchio, Fluid hipster. Yea, all that.

What I think is interesting is how the LGBT community has dumped him like a used condom. Pre, During and Post draft had Sam all over the media and twitter verse and all other social media. The LGBT community crowned Sam their new poster boy, one to carry the torch for those that feel the world needs to know and accept their sexual preferences. Yet, 2 years later, where is the LGBT community, oh that's right, they have posterized their new Queen, Caitylin Jenner, who is the new hero and brave warrior of the LGBT community. Sam is now just another ordinary person, like everyone else. His sexual orientation is now no longer needed by the LGBT community because he will serve them no purpose.

Not that this is any difference in the heterosexual world, but that is also another point. In the grand scheme of all things, who you prefer to have sex with means nothing to the world. Yet, the LGBT community tries to make it tantamount, unless you do you nothing for them.

He was the 1 that brought all this attention on him. He was the 1 that had the press conference announcing his sexuality, he was the 1 that inked a reality show on Oprah's station. He and only him are solely responsible for the microscope he is under. So him failing or quitting is a topic that people will have a strong opinion on. We were bombarded with his sexuality due to his arrogance and 15 minutes of fame. So his failure is like a train wreck that the media (he used) will exploit.

Sam's footwork in football is as terrible as his feet in dancing. But it does lead to the question nobody want's to ask but here we goes. So does this mean there is only 2 things in Texas, Steers and Queers?? :o;)

He was the 1 that had the press conference announcing his sexuality,

except he didn't?

he was the 1 that inked a reality show on Oprah's station.

Is the station relevant? Because other players go on, or are the subject of, reality TV shows on other channels.

He was the 1 that brought all this attention on him. Wrong

He was the 1 that had the press conference announcing his sexuality, Wrong.

he was the 1 that inked a reality show on Oprah's station. As have a number of former and current athletes. Why does the network have anything to do with it?

He and only him are solely responsible for the microscope he is under. Wrong.

So him failing or quitting is a topic that people will have a strong opinion on. We were bombarded with his sexuality due to his arrogance and 15 minutes of fame. So the man is to blame for the will of the media.

So his failure is like a train wreck that the media (he used) will exploit. I'd love to know how he used the media. Please explain.

In August 2013, Sam took the opportunity of a team introduce-yourself session to inform his Missouri teammates that he was gay, and found them supportive.[45] He avoided talking to the media to avoid addressing rumors of his sexuality.

Sounds like he exploited the media to me.

If he had been a decent player he would have made it on a team. His preferences had nothing to do with anything. He was a late round pick by the "home" team and he just did not show the talent to make the 53 man roster. End of story but give him a hand, as you would anyone, for trying to make it in the NFL.

League made calls regarding potential placement of Sam on practice squad

Some think the Rams did the NFL a favor by using the 249th overall pick in the draft on defensive end Michael Sam. Now, it appears that the NFL asked multiple teams to do Sam a favor by giving him a job, after the Rams cut him.

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reported during Thursday night’s pregame show on NBC that the NFL contacted multiple teams regarding their potential interest in signing Sam as a practice-squad player.

The effort to find a job for the NFL’s first openly gay player shows that Sam will indeed be treated differently than other players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/league-made-calls-regarding-potential-placement-of-sam-on-practice-squad/

In the NFL it is all about competition and winning and the best players win out. The NFL had no business in trying to get teams to sign Sam. None. If the NFL has done that for other players I stand corrected but they have not as far as I know and it is not fair to make exceptions.

Wasn't a pro player material wise, just was apparently looking for

a lawsuit to file,

except he did get into the NFL, and didn't make it, went to

canadian football and did...

except he didn't want to. Just wanted a lawsuit for being "discriminated against"

Just my opinion. That's why he quit

And the NFL trying to talk teams into giving him a practice squad place?

Pitiful. Afraid of the legal, financial, or political repercussions.

Or something. Good riddance, perpetual victimhood.

Maybe someone called him a name and Canada hasn't passed the hate crime laws yet that protect every person from ever being called a name from kindergarten through college.

Wasn't a pro player material wise, just was apparently looking for

a lawsuit to file,

except he did get into the NFL, and didn't make it, went to

canadian football and did...

except he didn't want to. Just wanted a lawsuit for being "discriminated against"

Just my opinion. That's why he quit

And the NFL trying to talk teams into giving him a practice squad place?

I think you nailed it.

Pitiful. Afraid of the legal, financial, or political repercussions.

Or something. Good riddance, perpetual victimhood.

... and yet somehow he was DPOY.

Desire... individual will to succeed can only take you so far... and for so long. It's possible Michael realized how far it his had taken him and that it just wasn't enough anymore... not even in the CFL.

Yet, the LGBT community tries to make it tantamount, unless you do you nothing for them.

What he did, coming out, was the biggest thing he could do. Anything after that was going to pale in comparison.

Just wanted a lawsuit for being "discriminated against"

Just my opinion.

What in "your opinion" has happened to mitigate his ability to sue?

... and yet somehow he was DPOY.

Desire... individual will to succeed can only take you so far... and for so long. It's possible Michael realized how far it his had taken him and that it just wasn't enough anymore... not even in the CFL.

What he did, coming out, was the biggest thing he could do. Anything after that was going to pale in comparison.

He had a tremendous season in 2013, there's no doubt. He played absolutely lights out. But that defensive line in general was athletic, they all had career seasons in 2013. Hoch was a TE convert and Vincent was a solid interior man.

When all is said and done, I think its fairly obvious that Kony Ealy will have a much more illustrious NFL career - whatever that may mean. His production was equivalent to Sam's in 2013 and his growth curve in sack production was similar. Sam's production jumped in other aspects, but that's also because his baseline was lower.

Sam benefitted from being one of many talented, quick players on a loaded defensive front - he just is the one who excelled the most. Outside of his 2013 season, there's nothing else to really be excited about.

2012 Ealy 37 total | 10 for loss | 3.5 sacks

2013 Ealy 43 total | 14.5 for loss | 9.5 sacks

Growth: 16% | 45% | 171%

2012 Sam 22 total | 7 for loss | 4.5 sacks

2013 Sam 48 total | 19 for loss | 11.5 sacks

Growth: 118% | 171% | 155%

Archived