THE BROWNS BOARD

Hack the vote: Cyber experts say ballot machines easy targets

OldBrownsFan

I think we were better off with the punch ballots. We made it more difficult than it should be by looking at punch cards and trying to figure out voter intent if there was even a little indentation. The criteria just should have been if it was punched through at all. Simple but we complicate things and now maybe the hackers in China will determine our next president?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/14/hack-vote-cyber-experts-say-ballot-machines-easy-targets/

only a matter of time before they're hacked, goes without saying. Utterly ridiculous to computerize our voting system in this environment where shit's getting hacked hard every other day. Security software amounts to "fun" for these hackers, gives them something to do for a minute or two until they get what they came for.

"Mississippi and Pennsylvania decertified the machines years ago, because they used an outdated version of Windows that had not been updated since 2004 and had default passwords that could allow for wifi access, Thomas noted."

Not really hard for a hacker when your machine\os has not been updated since 2004..... If you want electronic voting machines with online capabilities you need to have the proper security, and it has to be updated regularly.

It is a good idea, but needs to be implemented correctly. We should utilize the technology we have.

The technology we have has recently been exposed by the russians and chinese, don't forget.

The technology we have has recently been exposed by the russians and chinese, don't forget.

Then it is a never ending game of cat and mouse. Start with running software that isn't a decade old, lol.

Online voting would have a major, major impact on elections. I would guess it would favor one party over another as well...

If it could be done securely, I would be all for it.

Online voting would have a major, major impact on elections. I would guess it would favor one party over another as well...

If it could be done securely, I would be all for it. Woody

Woody, would you still favor it, if it favored the Reps instead?

The early results are easy to manipulate by activists who are on the public dole and don't work. That's a lot of dem votes.

That's surely the underlying motive of the dems rabid push for early voting.

False influence is good influence with the left.

Deweytruman12.jpg

Well, you aren't a computer programmer. To me, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Some of the most secure computer systems in the world have been hacked....

I don't like the early voting results in elections - they are meant to sway people

to give up, or to think that the other guy is going to win huge,

when all it is, is the freeloading/non-working surge of liberal dems hitting

the voting early enough to twerk the results for a bit, to the dem side.

Every US CITIZEN should get to vote JUST ONCE, then we find out what

the results are. Anything else is subterfuge.

That includes way too early posting of early voting, voting more than once,

illegals/non-citizens/inmates voting, ...

We've already had computer voting machines fail to register correctly, and, btw,

it was an auto-vote regardless of the actual vote cast...that really hits the fraud meter.

Archived