THE BROWNS BOARD

Vince Mayle = Braylon Edwards 2.0 (fixed)

Where are all the Vince supporters now?

All?......Didnt know there were any, really.....lots of hopers, I think, but dont remember anyone really playing him up too much.....

I think any good fan will support a new draft pick until he's proven unworthy.....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All?......Didnt know there were any, really.....lots of hopers, I think, but dont remember anyone really playing him up too much.....

I think any good fan will support a new draft pick until he's proven unworthy.....

C'mon Mud you were talking up his pro day speed comparing it to Josh Gordon. Own the fact that you thought he was a good WR option before he actually played and proved he wasn't.

C'mon Mud you were talking up his pro day speed comparing it to Josh Gordon. Own the fact that you thought he was a good WR option before he actually played and proved he wasn't.

Talking up?.....I think Gipper was asking for a Gordon comparison and I simply responded to his question about how fast he was....

Did you read the thread?....I doubt it, so here's Gips question

I didn't think Mayle was supposed to have anywhere the speed that Gordon has? Anyone got stats on that?

See that?.....asked about Mayle compared to Gordon(so there's your Gordon comparison)....and my answer is below......

they are both 4.5ish 40 runners.....same speed basically.....

Game speed?.....who knows...

So I say 4.5ish.....and I dont know what his game speed is.....(this must be where I talked his speed up?)

I wouldnt say it's slow........ Id say it's at least average for a larger receiver......

Then here, a few posts later, I say it's average......(not talking it up too much, am i???)

Well, let's see, on here he has been compared to Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant and AJ Greene. Are we perhaps going overboard a bit on him?

Then Gip(like you) completely misintreprets everything, even though HE's the one who asked for the Gordon comparison originally....

Ha!....Im not even close to comparing him to those guys......dont know how you got that....you asked how fast and I compared his speed to theirs....which isnt going overboard, it's just a factual stat offered to answer your question...

Then HERE I go on to say that Im NOT EVEN CLOSE to comparing them......and then explain it, like im doing here again, because people have a hard time interpreting the written word, I guess

Mayle ran a 4.67 at the combine to Gordon's 4.53 at his 2012 Pro Day.

Then you show up and start with the 4.67 speed thing.....so, basically....he ran 4.53, 4.56 and 4.67......and I, being the optimist and hopeful fan presented that he ran twice in the 4.5ish range.....and YOU, being the negative guy wanted to make sure everyone knew he ran 4.67.....does that about cover it?....

Or do I still need to own up to "talking up his speed", even though I just answered a question and called his speed average.....or do I own up saying he was a good receiver, when I really said "i have my fingers crossed" and "hope" he does well.....or do I own up to comparing him to Gordon, when it was Gip who asked the question....sheesh....

Find a worthwhile argument Hound and stop being such a dick and looking for fights where there arent any.....because any sensible person would read the above quotes(all from page 1 of this thread) and get that I wasnt putting any stock in Mayle or his worth, other than saying I hope he's good and answering a few questions..........and any sensible person could read this thread and see "no one" was talking him up.....just a bunch of hopes and wishes from optimistic fans.....

I guess it's hard to see that when you're just looking for negative shit all the time.....

Archived