THE BROWNS BOARD

The World We Live In Part 3

PS If Bruce Jenner can identify as a woman, why can't she identify as Black, White, or the entire rainbow??

An I'm bleeping........................Al Kooper

I identify as black': Ex-NAACP leader makes bizarre claim as race flap continues

Published June 16, 2015

FoxNews.com

The Spokane woman who quit as head of her local NAACP chapter days after her parents said she was lying about her race said Tuesday she still considers herself black and that her situation is "at the core of definitions of race."

The bizarre case of Rachel Dolezal continued to play out as the 37-year-old appeared on NBC's "Today" show and seemed to turn the traditional definition of race on its head.

"I identify as black," she told Matt Lauer.

"I identify as black."

- Rachel Dolezal

"I hope that that can drive at the core of definitions of race, ethnicity, culture, self-determination, personal agency and, ultimately, empowerment," she said at another point in the interview.

Dolezal said she has always thought of herself as black, and that as a child, she would draw herself in pictures with a brown crayon with black curly hair.

Meanwhile, her parents and adopted brother appeared separately on Fox News Channel and said she has been falsely claiming to be African-American for several years. Ezra Dolezal, her brother, told "Fox & Friends" Tuesday that he started to notice in 2011 that she was changing her appearance. He said she changed her hair style and used makeup to alter her skin tone. He said her claim that she identified as black since she was a child is not true.

Dolezal resigned Monday, just days after her parents told local media outlets that she had misrepresented herself as fully or partially black. In reality, they said, their daughter's ancestry is German, Swedish, and Czech, with some Native American background as well.

Dolezal sued Howard University after she received her graduate degree there, claiming the historically black college had discriminated against her because she was white. WTTG reported that Dolezal filed her lawsuit against Howard in 2002, asking for damages due to "medical and emotional distress."

Her parents told Fox News Channel that Dolezal had submitted African-themed art as part of her application to the school, and that they believed the school was surprised when, after accepting her, they learned that she was white.

Dolezal, who then went by her married name, Rachel Moore, claimed the university blocked her appointment as a teaching assistant, failed to hire her as an art teacher upon graduation and removed some of her pieces from a student art exhibition in favor of works by African-American students.

In 2005, the D.C. appeals court upheld a lower court's ruling throwing out the lawsuit and Dolezal was ordered to pay the university $2,700 to cover the costs of the lawsuit.

WTTG also reported that Dolezal had received three speeding tickets in Virginia, where she lived while attending school, in 2000, 2001, and 2003. All three court documents listed her race as white.

David Smedley, an associate professor of sculpture at Howard, told the Washington Post that Dolezal's race was never in question during her time at the school.

"She was a blue-eyed, blond woman," Smedley told the paper.

In addition to her departure from the NAACP, Dolezal was fired Monday as a weekly columnist for The Pacific Northwest Inlander, Spokane's alternative weekly, and her contract as an instructor at Eastern Washington University was not renewed.

City officials are investigating whether she lied about her ethnicity when she landed an appointment to Spokane's police oversight board. On her application, she said her ethnic origins included white, black and American Indian.

On Friday, police said they were suspending investigations into racial harassment complaints filed by Dolezal before the uproar, including one from earlier this year in which she said she received hate mail at her NAACP office.

Police released files showing that one package did not bear a date stamp or barcode, meaning it was probably not handled through the post office.

Dolezal's parents appeared on NBC's "Today" show Monday and said they hope to reconcile with their daughter.

"We hope that Rachel will get the help that she needs to deal with her identity issues. Of course, we love her," her mother said.

Again, who cares if she considers herself black? It's the fact she lied about it and financially benefitted from those lies. It's not the same thing as Jenner who never tried to compete with any women as his newly transformed self and claim he was a woman his whole life.

She didn't lie if something in her brain makes her feel she is black. Therefore financially benefitting from it is never happened. That is the liberal narrative, not mine.

Had Bruce Jenner gone through his transformation as a youngster and competed as a woman athlete he certainly would have benefitted, but would he have lied by not disclosing his little secret?

You see how liberals fuck up society?

She didn't lie if something in her brain makes her feel she is black. Therefore financially benefitting from it is never happened. That is the liberal narrative, not mine.

Had Bruce Jenner gone through his transformation as a youngster and competed as a woman athlete he certainly would have benefitted, but would he have lied by not disclosing his little secret?

Just because "something in her brain" tells her opposite of what 'we' know is true, is therefore still a lie. She was born a certain way, has tried to alter that appearance only recently. On top of that, has pushed actual black people out of scholarship money and potentially a job at the university in which she teaches.

Rachel can't simply say that she's substituting her reality for ours, that's the sign of a severe mental deficiency. Also, she has received financial benefit from this - again, regardless of what she believes, the rest of us know what is in fact true. Unless at this point we're questioning reality and that's when I just go home.

Also, can't really compare a hypothetical Jenner competing as a woman. He/she/Shim, did not. Ergo the argument is rather invalid.

Apparently liberals are responsible for all bad things. And the Jews... I know liberals are badies but thems is worse.

edit: I'd just like to say, this bitch is crazy. She's pale as shit but double dips to get some pigment. In a sense I can appreciate someones attempts to

walk in another's shoes (so to speak) but this is nonsense. You're white, pale, ghostly... accept that. The fact that she has attempted to define herself as

an individual primarily through the color of her (tanned) skin goes in the opposite direction of some of the very principle's she's claiming to uphold.

Just because "something in her brain" tells her opposite of what 'we' know is true, is therefore still a lie. She was born a certain way, has tried to alter that appearance only recently. On top of that, has pushed actual black people out of scholarship money and potentially a job at the university in which she teaches.

Rachel can't simply say that she's substituting her reality for ours, that's the sign of a severe mental deficiency. Also, she has received financial benefit from this - again, regardless of what she believes, the rest of us know what is in fact true. Unless at this point we're questioning reality and that's when I just go home.

Also, can't really compare a hypothetical Jenner competing as a woman. He/she/Shim, did not. Ergo the argument is rather invalid.

Apparently liberals are responsible for all bad things. And the Jews... I know liberals are badies but thems is worse.

edit: I'd just like to say, this bitch is crazy. She's pale as shit but double dips to get some pigment. In a sense I can appreciate someones attempts to

walk in another's shoes (so to speak) but this is nonsense. You're white, pale, ghostly... accept that. The fact that she has attempted to define herself as

an individual primarily through the color of her (tanned) skin goes in the opposite direction of some of the very principle's she's claiming to uphold.

But as a black rights advocate she's not hurting anyone and may have managed to help black people so we should all accept this without question you fucking bigots.

1) Of course she still lied you dumbass, she was putting black face on. Do you comprehend what you read much?

2) If Jenner had competed as a woman early in his life and not disclosed his transformation.........THAN YES HE WOULD BE LYING YOU SIMPLETON MORON WITH ZERO RATIONAL HUMAN CREDENTIALS.

idiot idiot idiot on all fucking levels. Village fucking moron you are. Please shoot yourself in the face, and make it snappy.

But as a black rights advocate she's not hurting anyone and may have managed to help black people so we should all accept this without question you fucking bigots.

And that's up to the NAACP if they thought she was helpful. Turns out though there's stories of her coming out being a royal cunt queen, like telling other 'KIDS" they're not black or Hispanic enough. COming from her that's beyond rich. She's out.

what I see is stupid people making straw mans like it's going of style. Cleve

"men". "strawmen".

Fallon fox put tits on and competed in women's mma which is the single most unfair competition bit I've ever heard of.

I agree, she should at least have been force to fight above her natural weight class. Don't think she's gonna be prime time UFC either. Dana's put the kibosh on that.

Fallon fox put tits on and competed in women's mma which is the single most unfair competition bit I've ever heard of.

That seems wrong, but I guess that's up to MMA to figure out for themselves. Otherwise, plenty of women aren't going to want to fight and will switch to UFC (if my understanding is correct?)

That seems wrong, but I guess that's up to MMA to figure out for themselves. Otherwise, plenty of women aren't going to want to fight and will switch to UFC (if my understanding is correct?)

"IF" the UFC wants them. No promotion will force a woman to fight Fallon though, that's why Fallons career will likely be limited to fighting individual fights instead of climbing up the rankings. SO if a woman is willing to fight Fallon for the right money, it'll happen....otherwise if a promotion forced a woman to fight Fallon in order to move up in the ranking they'd get sued like a mofo.

Archived