THE BROWNS BOARD

controversial new Bible translation

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://conservativepost.com/new-bible-translation-eliminates-father-son-holy-spirit-and-messiah-because-it-insults-muslims/

Old Browns fan have you heard of this?

(yes Woody, we know, 6000 years)

WSS

This is not anything really "new" when religions are trying to spread to new regions they usually adjust the message so people change only a little bit of their practices.

I believe we are living in the end times. All the signs are there. Jesus said there would be a falling away right before He returned. There are some churches today that ordain homosexual ministers, are pro abortion and are anti Israel so it does not surprise me about this new translation of the bible. On the gay issue you will soon see more churches going against clear teaching of the wrongness of homosexuality and accepting it as they try to stay relevant. Although churches have decreased in membership in recent years the evangelical Christian branch that believes in the authority of the scriptures continues to grow showing that you don't have to compromise. My guess is there will be even more new versions of the bible that will be changed to fit the version of events on the ground today such as making homosexuality out not to be a sinful lifestyle. Every-time I see something like Gay pride week I think why don't we have Adultery pride week as well?

As the schools have taught the theory of evolution as a fact instead of a theory it has done nothing but destroy faith. It has helped nobody but destroyed the faith of millions. It is not surprising that many become atheists when they are taught by the government schools and media that they are nothing more than evolved pond scum.

As the schools have taught the theory of evolution as a fact instead of a theory it has done nothing but destroy faith. It has helped nobody but destroyed the faith of millions. It is not surprising that many become atheists when they are taught by the government schools and media that they are nothing more than evolved pond scum.

facepalm.jpg

LIberals desperately love their theories - makes them

feel happy...

for some screwed up, asswipe reason.

End Times? We are headed for big, very serious trouble.

Closer every year.

Actually I completely support linguists and theologians and historians doing what they can to get to the original meanings of any biblical translation. I don't know what the basis of this particular effort is though. Merely for clarification or to make a political statement?

WSS

Actually I completely support linguists and theologians and historians doing what they can to get to the original meanings of any biblical translation. I don't know what the basis of this particular effort is though. Merely for clarification or to make a political statement?

WSS

For sure, I'm always a proponent of reading things in the original language. Lots of things get lost in translation.

WSS

I have many translations of the bible as well as using Greek and Hebrew dictionaries for word studies. You have to stay faithful to the original meanings or you are inventing a new bible. It seems to me they are mis translating the original texts to try to appease and not offend Muslims.

I have many translations of the bible as well as using Greek and Hebrew dictionaries for word studies. You have to stay faithful to the original meanings or you are inventing a new bible. It seems to me they are mis translating the original texts to try to appease and not offend Muslims.

I agree very much that you want to get the spirit of what is being said as much as, if not more than, the letter. But equally, it's important to consider the environment they were in, so while not eating 'unclean' animals may have been sound advice then, we have ways of making them disease free today, so there shouldn't be such a problem.

I have often thought there would have been a good chance of shellfish being tainted by the time it got to its destination in the desert on the back of a mule.

WSS

Yep. So it was sound advice, at the time, in that location. For us? Not so much of an issue.

Every-time I see something like Gay pride week I think why don't we have Adultery pride week as well?

That's actually kind of an easy one. See adultery is fucking someone else over. It's kind of a douchey asshole move. Being gay is just a state of being. Of course gay people can commit adultery on their spouses now as well, but it's not gay adulterating pride week is it? That was a pretty easy distinction to parse, took my brain quite literally milliseconds to understand the difference.

Are there any other cognitive dissonances you're keeping stored away you'd like my help with? I'm on my lunch right now so fire away

As for this bible business, what exactly are they rewriting? Is it just the allah thing? I don't really know why i'm slightly annoyed by that cause I find neither the quran nor the bible relevant to my life even "slightly". But I doubt we'll be seeing muslims altering the quran anytime soon to appease Christian so it's a little obnoxious.

I believe we are living in the end times. All the signs are there. Jesus said there would be a falling away right before He returned. There are some churches today that ordain homosexual ministers, are pro abortion and are anti Israel so it does not surprise me about this new translation of the bible. On the gay issue you will soon see more churches going against clear teaching of the wrongness of homosexuality and accepting it as they try to stay relevant. Although churches have decreased in membership in recent years the evangelical Christian branch that believes in the authority of the scriptures continues to grow showing that you don't have to compromise. My guess is there will be even more new versions of the bible that will be changed to fit the version of events on the ground today such as making homosexuality out not to be a sinful lifestyle. Every-time I see something like Gay pride week I think why don't we have Adultery pride week as well?

I think as information has become more readily available, people are less likely to rely on religion to try to explain things that they can just google now and get a logical explanation. So yes, religion is losing out to science and common sense.

Load up the bunker and get the family prepared for the coming of the sky wizard.

I think as information has become more readily available, people are less likely to rely on religion to try to explain things that they can just google now and get a logical explanation. So yes, religion is losing out to science and common sense.

Load up the bunker and get the family prepared for the coming of the sky wizard.

Amen

facepalm.jpg

+

I shouldn't really even be surprised anymore...

Well, woodyPECKERHEAD, read on. BTW, are you and Chris going to always

agree? Let me know so I can decide whether or not Chris is a freakin birdbrain like you are.

http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html

"The way that scientists use the word 'theory' is a little different than how it is commonly used in the lay public," said Jaime Tanner, a professor of biology at Marlboro College. "Most people use the word 'theory' to mean an idea or hunch that someone has, but insciencelb_icon1.png the word 'theory' refers to the way that we interpret facts."

"Every scientific theory starts as a hypothesis. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a hypothesis is an idea that hasn't been proven yet. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step — known as a theory — in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon. "

"Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. Facts and theories are two different things. In the scientific method, there is a clear distinction between facts, which can be observed and/or measured, and theories, which are scientists’ explanations and interpretations of the facts. "

"The evolution of a scientific theory

A scientific theory is not the end result of the scientific method; theories can be proven or rejected, just like hypotheses. Theories can be improved or modified as more information is gathered so that the accuracy of the prediction becomes greater over time.

Theories are foundations for furthering scientific knowledge and for putting the information gathered to practical use. Scientists use theories to develop inventions or find a cure for a diseaseicon1.png.

Some believe that theories become laws, but theories and laws have separate and distinct roles in the scientific method. A law is a description of an observed phenomenon that hold true every time it is tested. It doesn't explain why something is true; it just states that it is true. A theory, on the other hand, explains observations that are gathered during the scientific process. So, while law and theory are part of the scientific process, they are two very different aspects, according to the National Science Teachers Association. "

If the theory of evolution destroys your faith, than you didn't have particularly strong faith to begin with. I myself even though not religious have suspicions about having been evolved from monkeys but for reasons other than Christians that I'm not going to get into. If it were infact true that genetically our species evolved from some other previous form or another, yeah I don't care...wouldn't give two fucks over it. Has zero impact on my plans when I leave this dump.

If the theory of evolution destroys your faith, than you didn't have particularly strong faith to begin with. I myself even though not religious have suspicions about having been evolved from monkeys but for reasons other than Christians that I'm not going to get into. If it were infact true that genetically our species evolved from some other previous form or another, yeah I don't care...wouldn't give two fucks over it. Has zero impact on my plans when I leave this dump.

I'd be interested to hear what your suspicions were.

Therefore, we can draw a few conclusions:

A. mmgw is not a valid collection of all data that is pertinent. Some of it has been ignored in the

race to say we have to act dramatically on a "crisis".

B. Liberals love to refer, bassackwardsly, to mmgw as a "law". But as we keep saying, it

is a THEORY - a hypothesis that has facts to back it up. However, there is concern

that there are facts that also do NOT back it up. There you have controvsery, even within

the scientific community.

C. mmgw is no absolute truth. Liberals WANT it to be, and DEMAND that it be accepted as such,

but the truth is, when you use mmgw as an abolute truth.."law", then you have to change that

when you see that CO2 levels have been rising over ten years that the temp has not been climbing.

D. So, liberals change definitions of words to try to justify their emotional nonsense. They use "theory"

as "hypothesis",,,,, and then they use mmgw as a "law". But it has been proven to not be always true.

So, just once, the Chrises and and woodpeckerheads can drop the act. It is only a theory, which means

it is NOT A FREAKING LAW, as in "ABSOLUTE TRUTH".

E. So, clearly, when something is a theory in the scientific method, it

is clearly NOT a FACT, or "LAW". And, it is NOT the end of the scientific method.

It has facts to justify it, but the question is, what about the evidence that

it is not true?

What about the "enough evidence" part? There has been concocted evidence, mistaken

evidence, and ignored evidence.

That is the scientific method Chris and woodypeckerhead want to go with? really?

And we are suppose to dramatically give liberals the power to tax and fee and rule because of it?

Not buyin it at all.

E. So, clearly, when something is a theory in the scientific method, it

is clearly NOT a FACT, or "LAW". And, it is NOT the end of the scientific method.

It has facts to justify it, but the question is, what about the evidence that

it is not true?

What about the "enough evidence" part? There has been concocted evidence, mistaken

evidence, and ignored evidence.

That is the scientific method Chris and woodypeckerhead want to go with? really?

And we are suppose to dramatically give liberals the power to tax and fee and rule because of it?

Not buyin it at all.

Who or what would you go with cal? What is your alternative to the the scientific method?

Archived