THE BROWNS BOARD

Donald Trump

MLD Woody

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump is a smart man, but Herbert Hoover was a smart man. If you look at Herbert Hoover's life prior to presidential politics you might think that he was, if not the smartest then at least in the top three for intelligence of U.S. Presidents. It doesn't always translate.

Trump is a "smart" businessman just as mobsters are "savvy" entrepreneurs. He's just a market shark no more no less. Yes, you can make a lot of money in this country skating the ethics line, doesn't make you the kind of smart people want to run the U.S.A

I'm sure the Donald and the Don have mutual interests

Too bad intelligence doesn't directly relate to income.

Well, it probably does correlate some

His is a specialized brain. Yes he's figured out our bizarre version of capitalism and through much corruption and gladhanding on his part throughout the years he established himself. In our current system such established entities are very difficult to unseat...which is a problem with our system because the winners these days are not always the best the market has to offer...they're just the most connected.

The guy is certainly hated by people but I wonder, besides his clown like persona, which platforms actually offend you guys? I'm talking about the actual platforms not the paraphrases from the Huffington Post etc.

WSS

direct quotes from his speech suffice

The guy is certainly hated by people but I wonder, besides his clown like persona, which platforms actually offend you guys? I'm talking about the actual platforms not the paraphrases from the Huffington Post etc.

WSS

I don't know his true platform, but I see crap like this and there is no way he is presidential material - http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/26/media/donald-trump-univision-doral-golf-courses/index.html

I don't know his true platform, but I see crap like this and there is no way he is presidential material - http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/26/media/donald-trump-univision-doral-golf-courses/index.html

Trump is the little kid that yells and screams when he doesn't get his way.

He's a temper tantrum under a bad rug

Wanting an assault weapon ban would definitely make me hate anyone who proposed it.

Fair enough but that's a pretty mainstream platform that seems to cross party lines except in a few cases.

I think the assault weapon ban, especially just the idea of classifying bunches of weapons as assault weapons for no reason, should be unconstitutional. Still you don't find many politicians willing to repeal that.

WSS

assault weapons are already banned, unless you go through a lot of work to

be granted a license to own one.

Another example of term redefinition by liberals.

Yeah I already mentioned that nonsense. Assault weapons are fully auto and already very regulated. They should just call it the "guns that look scary to me" ban. GTLSTMB?

I think the assault weapon ban, especially just the idea of classifying bunches of weapons as assault weapons for no reason, should be unconstitutional. Still you don't find many politicians willing to repeal that.

When the ban was enacted(1994), the politicians only banned imported guns....which was a nod to US manufacturers....so, even when banned, it was Ok to own one, as long as it was made here......

They are not banned anymore. It was only a 10 year ban....plus, it was against foreign guns only.....and only ones made "after" 1994....the ban "expired" in 2004 and assault weapons are now completely legal.....and I own a bunch, btw.....

Like a shotgun with an aluminum stock is now an assault weapon.

WSS

Any "semi-automatic" combat weapon with certain features....pistol grip, folding stock, large magazine, interchangeable magazine, suppressor, etc is considered an assault weapon....

AR-15, AK47 & SKS are the most popular and common assault weapons and all are semi-automatics.......and can be bought at the store....without a special permit.....all day, every day.....

Any "semi-automatic" combat weapon with certain features....pistol grip, folding stock, large magazine, interchangeable magazine, suppressor, etc is considered an assault weapon....

If this is true, then I also own assault weapons

Archived