THE BROWNS BOARD

Breaking: 9 dead in Charleston black Church after gunman goes nuts

WalterWhite

These mass shootings keep happening in "gun free zones".

There's a giant point there.

Oh I would have definitely kept a firearm on my person. These folks obviously did not understand the danger. Sad situation.

The scumbag said to the police that they treated him so well when he came in that he almost aborted his plan. Even after that he followed through. He doesn't deserve a bullet. Throw the savage piece of shit to some lions.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when we were in Mo - in Branson. We went to a theater show,- and I didn't want to leave my firearm in the car,

or at the hotel. I simply called the theater and spoke to the manager. He said ccw were absolutely fine, but it has to

be kept hidden, which is obvious. No theft in the hotel room or the car. My ohio ccw permit is valid in Mo, and most of

the states we traveled in.

I remember when we were in Mo - in Branson. We went to a theater show,- and I didn't want to leave my firearm in the car,

or at the hotel. I simply called the theater and spoke to the manager. He said ccw were absolutely fine, but it has to

be kept hidden, which is obvious. No theft in the hotel room or the car. My ohio ccw permit is valid in Mo, and most of

the states we traveled in.

I know it is not permitted but I carry in "gun free zones". They can sue me after I survive and live a full and happy life.

This terrible act is yet another case of the mental health system in this country gone horribly wrong.

Being 'treated' and seeing a psychologist on the regular but the good doctor didn't feel his patient was a threat to anyone.

Yet the shooters friends were even leery of his actions and rantings. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know in a nutshell, then

I'm not sure how much good any additional information will do.

Bless the victims and families. More importantly, bless anyone whose voice is being used to unify and not divide that community based on skin color.

What Tiam said.

and,

"I know it is not permitted but I carry in "gun free zones". They can sue me after I survive and live a full and happy life." Logic

I've been tempted a few times, but I don't. Discretion is the better part of valor. and I never wear any NRA hats, etc,

when I'm carrying.

Wouldn't that be nuts?

You might have to save everybody in that gun free zone from a nutcase on psycho-drugs trying to shoot up the place, and they hammer you with breaking the law?

Reminds me of the case of the nutjob who drove his car into a crowd. Making the street a no-car zone wouldn't stop that.

In the terrible and tragic shootings at that church - the police never had any kind of chance to get there in time.

BTW, I really wish the left would harp about these drugs that these killers are usually on. Psychiratry is playing with fire, i think.

If the sick racist killer had a machete in a dimly lit movie theater...and killed several people...would the rabid anti-gun left care?

Or is it really all about just fighting their culture war?

What Tiam said.

and,

"I know it is not permitted but I carry in "gun free zones". They can sue me after I survive and live a full and happy life." Logic

I've been tempted a few times, but I don't. Discretion is the better part of valor. and I never wear any NRA hats, etc,

when I'm carrying.

Wouldn't that be nuts?

You might have to save everybody in that gun free zone from a nutcase on psycho-drugs trying to shoot up the place, and they hammer you with breaking the law?

Reminds me of the case of the nutjob who drove his car into a crowd. Making the street a no-car zone wouldn't stop that.

In the terrible and tragic shootings at that church - the police never had any kind of chance to get there in time.

BTW, I really wish the left would harp about these drugs that these killers are usually on. Psychiratry is playing with fire, i think.

If the sick racist killer had a machete in a dimly lit movie theater...and killed several people...would the rabid anti-gun left care?

Or is it really all about just fighting their culture war?

Yeah this (mental health) is the overriding problem. That and parents who refuse to heed all of the warnings about their kids.

Next time someone does something terrible, and they happen to be Muslim, we can apply the same reasoning. Correct?

Sure.

And will the left leaning public demand stricter regulations and background checks on people who make or own bombs IUDs and Rockets and expect that will help?

WSS

What is "common sense" gun control?

Well it would involve not letting people buy guns who have mental illness, or for people with mental illnesses, for starters. Anyone with convictions for violence, too, wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd go for some way to keep track of guns, same as cars. But most importantly, keep them out of the hands of criminals and soon-to-be-criminals by actually enforcing well the current laws.

Keep muslims out?

Yeah, you can't do that.

Which mass shooting would those precautions have prevented Chris? Which ones might well have been at least truncated if there were more CCW carriers in those places?

Honestly only a full and enforceable gun ban would make any difference at all.

Good luck with that.

WSS

Which mass shooting would those precautions have prevented Chris? Which ones might well have been at least truncated if there were more CCW carriers in those places?

Honestly only a full and enforceable gun ban would make any difference at all.

Good luck with that.

WSS

And how many more people would have been shot and killed from arguments getting out of hand when everyone has a gun?

A full and enforceable un ban might well be the only way to stop people being killed with guns. It's impossible to be able to predict with 100% accuracy who is going to go on a rampage every single time. But it seems the US is happy with people being randomly killed in indiscriminate mass shootings, as long as they can keep their guns, and until that changes, these things will continue to happen.

And how many more people would have been shot and killed from arguments getting out of hand when everyone has a gun?

~~ no idea. But that's not what we're talking about is it? I'm talking about a number of people who have passed the training and qualifications to have a CCW, not just the old liberal saw about everybody having a gun~~

A full and enforceable un ban might well be the only way to stop people being killed with guns. It's impossible to be able to predict with 100% accuracy who is going to go on a rampage every single time. But it seems the US is happy with people being randomly killed in indiscriminate mass shootings, as long as they can keep their guns, and until that changes, these things will continue to happen.

But that's the reality. If in fact your goal is to stop gun violence at any cost.a common sense approach might be to not allow certain demographics to own guns. find out which group is responsible for most gun violence and punish the entire group.

This is certainly common sense but...

I guess it boils to how willing we are to give up freedom after freedom after freedom for safety? And gun violence isn't anywhere near the top of list of things that kill people that could be prevented.

WSS

I would not want to see law abiding citizens lose their constitutional gun rights because of the actions of a few evil deranged people. One thing that might help would be tough prison sentences for those who possess guns illegally. Go after the law breakers. So many gun laws have zero effect on criminals who do not obey laws but put only affect law abiding citizens who are not the problem anyway.

It is disturbing to see the left turn these tragedies into politics (never let a crisis go to waste).

Archived