THE BROWNS BOARD

Remove confederate flag from government buildings?

gftChris

Remove flag from all government buildings?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Remove flag from all government buildings?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other - please explain

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The outrage will never stop. Now it's the Confederate flag. Next it will be a slipknot because blacks got hung. As if they're the only people in the whole world that ever got hung. Then the union jack. The fake outrage has to end somewhere.

That reminds me of the Don't Tread On Me ,(Navy Jack) flag that was banned or was attempted to be banned solely because the flag was being used by many TEA party groups. That flag was never "offensive" before but now the dreaded TEA party was using the flag there were people wanting to ban it. That is the slippery slope PC road this country is going down.

I read a story by someone who used to be a participant here, maybe I will repost it. one of the things pointed out is that Memphis Tennessee was named after the Egyptian city Memphis. Do you realize how many Jews were enslaved by the Egyptians? shouldn't the city in Tennessee the forced to change their name? Not to mention my people, the Irish, who were mistreated not only by the British but enslaved by the Romans. and yet Mr hero is allowed to sell the Roman burger with impunity. What about Little Caesars? Is there no end to the outrage? Yes I understand that's stupid. You people should too. allow me to repeat my mantra: if you switch the races in a story and it sounds stupid, it is stupid.

WSS

They lost and that was apparently the last thing the South was proud about. The South peaked..... 150 years ago. I would have probably found something to pride myself on besides being cannon fodder for slave owners.

College football? Oh wait...

That reminds me of the Don't Tread On Me ,(Navy Jack) flag that was banned or was attempted to be banned solely because the flag was being used by many TEA party groups. That flag was never "offensive" before but now the dreaded TEA party was using the flag there were people wanting to ban it. That is the slippery slope PC road this country is going down.

Link to that story?

So is Great Britain. Should I be offended by seeing the Union Jack? And how stupid would it be if I were?

WSS

The difference being that the union jack isn't hugely associated with slavery, as far as I'm aware, while people still flying the confederate flag tend to be of the mindset that white people are inherently superior. Maybe not all, but enough have misappropriated the flag for it to have become a symbol out white supremacy.

The difference being that the union jack isn't hugely associated with slavery, as far as I'm aware, while people still flying the confederate flag tend to be of the mindset that white people are inherently superior. Maybe not all, but enough have misappropriated the flag for it to have become a symbol out white supremacy.

But it should be, no? It is entirely a symbolic of the oppression of the American people. It is certainly symbolic of the murder of so many of our citizens and the citizens of many small weak countries around the world? How can we let this outrage stand?

:D

WSS

Plenty of countries that used to have the union jack in the canton have voted to remove it. New Zealand is trying to vote on this issue at the moment. That's their prerogative.

I get you're just trying to play devil's advocate, but it's getting really tiresome.

I'd bet that the American flag is next to be ostracized,

because of the "successful" liberal culture war against everything

that is, because it's "there".

I'd bet that the American flag is next to be ostracized,

because of the "successful" liberal culture war against everything

that is, because it's "there".

The extreme left have already begun the attack on the American flag: Farrakhan: I Don’t Get Debate Over Confederate Flag, ‘We Need to Put the American Flag Down’

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/24/farrakhan-i-dont-get-debate-over-confederate-flag-we-need-to-put-the-american-flag-down/

The worst of the worst.

The worst of the worst.

Then why do we care what he says? If we're taking the fringe 1% of the fringe 1%, we can find complete fucktards on any side.

Then why do we care what he says? If we're taking the fringe 1% of the fringe 1%, we can find complete fucktards on any side.

He has a large following for one thing. I did put him in with the "extreme left".

In Chicago the liberal Mayor asked the Nation of Islam to patrol the streets:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/08/16/say-remember-that-time-when-rahm-emanuel-had-a-real-live-hate-group-patrol-chicagos-streets/

Archived