THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrelle Pryor Claimed By Browns

MLD Woody

Ya, I don't know if Mike H. is interested in coming back and I don't know if we should open that whole can of worms called Retard again ... although with Brian Hoyer gone, what would he talk about?

Zombo

Stocktons posts would be exactly the same except the word "Hoyer" would be replaced with "McCown".

Probably something like "We know what McCown is, a journeyman backup, but he isn't the future. You have to play manziel to see what you have so you know if you need to draft another QB. By playing McCown you set the organization back for years to come. I'm in Mensa and history will be kind to my posts."

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A short article on Pryor posted today at NFL.com.....a "slash" role......ala Cribbs ala WildDawg...????.....snippets sound like he agrees with me that "if he gets the ball in space, he's going to the house"!!!.....

Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

"I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

"The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

I'm impressed. Pryor has gone from QB to TE "pure reciever" without playing an NFL down at either position. "Pure reciever" ? We'll see.

So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

So you think he's more of a blocking TE? If so, I'd love to know your reasoning. Words taken out of context mean little.

I think his reasoning is that it's going to be tough for him to become a true NFL 'pure receiver' while he's busy getting the other players their Gatorade. :lol:

Stocktons posts would be exactly the same except the word "Hoyer" would be replaced with "McCown".

Probably something like "We know what McCown is, a journeyman backup, but he isn't the future. You have to play manziel to see what you have so you know if you need to draft another QB. By playing McCown you set the organization back for years to come. I'm in Mensa and history will be kind to my posts."

"mccown is a bud lite playing in a champagne league" -Retard

want the same effect as talking to stockton? say something to the wall and then hit yourself over the head with a hammer.

I think his reasoning is that it's going to be tough for him to become a true NFL 'pure receiver' while he's busy getting the other players their Gatorade. :lol:

This is true.

Like I said, however, words taken out of context mean nothing.

The context of that post was to break down the styles of the TE's we could go into the season with. Pryor, if he were slotted at TE, would be purely a receiving TE. I find it hard to believe that a converted quarterback with 4.3 speed would be heavily utilized as a blocking TE, hence his designation as a "pure receiver".

It's not a comment on the talent and production he has shown, nor is it a prediction of how he will fare with the Browns, it is just an assessment of the utilization of his skill set.

However, I am not as down on him as seemingly all of you are. We are completely devoid of game breaking talent/size at the receiving position. Coupled with his experience as an NFL player, I think Pryor makes our roster.

Judging him based on his play at the QB position is an error, since he won't be playing QB. Claiming that he's starting off behind the ball is an valid statement, however he's only slightly further behind the ball than a guy like Mayle, who has only played three years of competitive football in his life, one of which at JUCO level.

The only way I see Terrelle Pryor not making the final 53 is if he literally cannot catch a football to save his life, which very well could be the case. But running unpolished routes and not understanding the nuances of the position - like separation, head fakes and positioning - won't be enough to knock him off the final 53. If it came down to him vs. Benji, I'd take Pryor.

Training with with Randy Moss(nice) and the enemy...Antonio Brown(blech)......here it is....

After being cut by three teams in a calendar year, Terrelle Pryor realized making an NFL roster would be near impossible if he insisted on working only as a quarterback.

Prior to being swooped up by the Cleveland Browns, Pryor relented and planned to try out as a receiver. The decision sat in stark contrast to his "If I can't play quarterback, I can't play football" comment from a month ago.

Seeing his football future at the edge of the abyss, Pryor told thePittsburgh Tribune-Review last week, he's looking forward to showcasing his ability as a receiver.

"I'm going to give this slash-player deal a chance," Pryor said. "I just want to play football. I'm a playmaker, and I believe if I can touch the ball, I can go to the house, especially if I have space. This should definitely open up some opportunities."

It's interesting to note Pryor's use of "slash-player." It's not clear whether the Browns have discussed a type of role that would utilize him more than just a wideout -- perhaps occasionally putting him under center.

"The thing that helps me is that I played quarterback, and I know what the quarterback wants," Pryor said of playing receiver. "What I've got to work on is the specifics, cutting in and out of the breaks. Athletically, I believe I can do anything on the field. When I get on the field, I may not be the best, but I always feel like I am. I bring that mindset. I work my hardest to be the best I can at that position."

Pryor posted several videos on social media in the past week, including this one showing him running a route. The 26-year-old added he plans on training with Randy Moss and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to try and pick up the nuances of the position.

Even with the Browns lack of playmaking at the receiver position, Pryor will be in a battle just to make the roster. It's never easy to switch positions at the highest level of competition, regardless of how athletic a player is.

Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

Wow. Honestly thought Pryor was brought in to Dot the eye in scribe Ohio at halftime in Columbus team scrimmage and stay with the Bucks as some coach. But, Now I see the hunger he really wants to do this. Pryor, prove me wrong. Go ahead Big fella..

Pryor as a coach? Lol

Gip- there's a difference between serious disagreement- and being a condescending jackass know it all So whoop-ti-shit, you can write for Bleacher Report. When SI or ESPN comes calling- get back to me.

Oh- he got booted off the 'Tard- for the same reason- and then tried to poach posters off of that website to become his groupies on his own vastly superior (to his mind's) website.

I'll have Z kick his smartass off the second he tries logging on. He's on my short- very short list- of top ten jerks I would ban on sight

OK, I am not debating that he could be a jerk.....I am only saying that he did contribute on occasion when his ego was not being self-inflated.

Pryor as a receiver I see at least possibilities and I am glad to see the Browns look at it anyway. If Pryor catches the ball in the open field he has the athletic ability to run the ball and gain some yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KI8sfIvfmY

I would like to see something like this distilled down to his running ability. There is no question he can run well with the ball in his hands. The only question may be can he catch the ball.

Archived