THE BROWNS BOARD

Surprise cuts

gftChris

Not necessarily superstars being cut, but playerse we know about and are probably expecting to make the roster because they did last year, or were FA/draft acquisitions.

Last year we saw Nate Burleson cut in favour of Taylor Gabriel, Chris Ogbonnaya cut in favour of Isaiah Crowell - not exactly superstars we cut, but established players. Who's it going to be this year? Who are the 'dark horse' candidates to be cut?

I just did a basic roster, and I couldn't find a place for Benjamin, Moore, Shaw/Lewis, one of Pullard/Carder will be on the PS, a whole host of CBs gone - unless one of them starts playing safety and beats out Poyer (or ST ace Bademosi).

Who do you think will be a surprise casualty? Hartline maybe? Kitchen? Dray?

I don't know if it'll be a "surprise", Desmond Bryant is a guy I could see getting the boot. I don't think he's a terrible player by any means but with the guys we've drafted and the fact he's $6mil on contract and could free $4 mil (if I did that right) if sort of adds up.

wow.....Id say there are lots of bubble guys who could be gone.....

DL....both Bryants, Taylor and Winn probably are fighting for 2 spots.....

QB... Johnny or Shaw could be gone......

WR....Hartline & Benji....

DB....Bademosi, Nelson, Gaines....

TE....Dray

LB....Pullard

OL...Painter, Seymour

RB...Winston, Draugns

I miss Oby...

Johnny of course would be the biggest surprise.

Probably Joe Thomas would be the biggest surprise. But we're talking possibilities here. JFF's going nowhere.

Pending Training camp & Exhibition game performance/injuries, maybe some trades (multi-player) involving West, Gilbert, Taylor, D Bryant for draft picks?

Who knows?

Mike

LB looks like the biggest logjam... 14 listed at present without counting A. Bryant, who is still listed as DL.

• Inside Darius Eubanks ($510k) looks vulnerable to cut. Undersized LB and ST maven, but only one start and nine appearances... all under the previous regime.
  • Outside? Mingo (-$676k) is most tempting mention, but only as trade bait. Armonty's ($601k) making a position change puts him at risk for trade or cut.

DL

• Inside Kitchen ($1.5mm) looks cuttable.
  • Outside... I love my Billy ($1.54), but I'd be almost surprised if he was not traded.

Though I don't think they will be cut, either The Greek or The Schwartz being gone would be a big surprise.

... and barring a trade/cut scenario, cutting Joe Thomas would be the biggest surprise of all... but that 's not the point of the thread.

... and barring a trade/cut scenario, cutting Joe Thomas would be the biggest surprise of all... but that 's not the point of the thread.

The question is who could possibly cut that would surprise. Enough people have bitched about The Schwartz on here so much to the point that some of the seem to want him to be cut. Browns FO and coaches are smarter than some of them and it is not likely to happen....but that is one guy of which there has been some discussion at least.

Feel free to add trades as well...

Cuts are pending performance but trade bait options that MAY bring us value IMO.. Taylor, Kitchen, Both Bryants and B. Wynn, Soloman, Carder, Eubanks, Desir, Nelson, Poyer, Bademosi, Schwartz, Bowie, Seymour, Benji, Dray, Barnidge, Bibbs, Winston and Shaw and it's nice to see some of these guys on the trading block with the pending upgrades.. Now its about value in return.

it's nice to see some of these guys on the trading block with the pending upgrades.. Now its about value in return.

and getting what you can before it's too late.......wait till a week before cuts and no one wants to deal, cause they're just waiting for cuts and to see who's up for free.....

Archived