THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey....Summertime Blues

The Gipper

Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

4. What aspect of summer brings you the Summertime Blues?

5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

1. Which NFL team is like the most boring to you? One that you don't care about negatively or positively.

St. Louis Rams. Arizona Cardinals too

2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him?

I pull for all of them. Who seems boring? Generally i would say the long-snapper. But we have a new one, maybe is a wild & crazy guy.

3. Do the Cleveland Indians (or, if not an Indians fan, your favorite baseball team) engender apathy in you the way they are me? Yes/no, explain

No, not really.

I love everything about Summer. So I will say waiting for football to start ... even though I wouldn't change it.

5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town?

Houston. Indianapolis too.

6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why)

Don't know yet, pretty spontaneous in that regard, but it will be a beach town ... even though I live in one.

Here is today's survey.....about things that bring you Ennui this time of year: Give your opinions:

My own answers:

Probably a couple of NFC/AFC South teams, like the Falcons, Bucs, Jags, 49ers. No love, no hate, they are just there.

Probably backup players....guys that haven't done much...nor screwed up much. Tank Carder, Jeremiah Poyer, a couple of backup OL, that I probably can't even name. Is Ryan Seymour a Browns player? eh.

Obviously since I asked the question the Cleveland Indians are engendering extreme apathy for me right now. Unlike the 90s where you had so many colorful, interesting...good players, there isn't a single guy on this team that I have any connection with at all. The whole team seems colorless, lifeless to me. Even a couple of good players like Kipness are kind of "so what" guys. There are no bombers on this team that excite you. No speedsters. Just a bunch WTFever players. Fair to say?

Cavs losing Finals, Indians boring as hell, and the humidity. Probably because I am carrying too much weight, but I have never done well in hot sticky weather. Not my cup of tea, unless I am sitting poolside with ice tea. (and I have little opportunity to do that)

I have been to 99 of the top 100 largest cities in America. Of the "Major League" cities...towns with major league teams, the most mundane to me are probably: Indianapolis, Dallas, Newark, and yes, Columbus.

The only true vacation I have this summer is to go and stay at a resort just outside of Morgantown WVa. It should be fun. We will do some white water rafting and some fishing, and a lot of sightseeing of small towns, historic sites, and hiking around mountains/lakes/rivers/parks. There is more in eastern WVa/SW Pa./Western Maryland than you think.

I do have a couple of other trips to make, but those are for picking up kids and taking them to school. I there I may get in one day of sightseeing/auto touring.

(I do have a couple of fall trips...when I prefer to travel: Park City Utah, and Texas)

While I have been through Houston, I haven't spent enough time there to tell if it is mundane...though it seems like it could be. A couple of things there that I have not been to may in fact be somewhat interesting: The Astrodome, the Space Center.

Don't know yet, pretty spontaneous in that regard, but it will be a beach town ... even though I live in one.

The "beach towns" I have on my bucket list are Ocean City MD, Long Island, The Big Sur, and Kauai. (but none this year)

Every team NOT in the AFC North

Every player NOT in the AFC North

Yes, The Indians have one of the WORST front office/owner situations in baseball. The owner won't spend enough money on good players, and when he does spend money, the front office signs has-beens and re-treads

All this rain

Pittspuke

I already went on vacation. We went to Hocking Hills and hiked with the dogs and drank A LOT of beer with the locals

Jaguars- How the Hell does Robinson beat us with that boring Lineup..

Hughlett- Our Long Snapper. Check those jersey sales.

Go Detroit Tigers!! My bandwagons Patriots

100 degree heat in fishing boat.

5. What North American City that you have been to is the most mundane to you? Just, you know, like a boring town? Living in NC that would be Lizard Lick, NC. Yes Lizard Lick Towing is Taped there. Its all fake and the town is a stop light..

6. Where are you headed for a summer vacation? And hopefully you have not chosen a mundane destination. (but, if you have, say so and why) To Dads Presque Isle, Mich. to defend Perch fishing title and drink like a fish.

Jacksonville Jaguars

San Francisco - My favorite big city on the planet

Panthers and Jags. Slow getting used to the new ones

2. Which Browns player fits the same description. You seem to neither pull for him or against him

Lots of second tier guys, but from our starters Id say Kruger and Robertson are kinda grey matter to me

Yes. But for me its more of a baseball thing. Though Dolan has killed any chance of me being interested of having hope...

Im miss my dog

Lots...but places im forced to frequent that NEVER get me excited are Dallas, Tucson, Lousivlle Ky and Ada Ok....blech....(I will say Tucson has lots in the area to like if you visit for vacation...but as a "city" ?....not so much...

Bradenton and Clearwater twice in the next three weeks.....very much a bitter sweet trip(and a little mundane) as Im helping my daughter relocate due to a recent promotion......so, yes, proud and happy for her, but will miss her something terrible....

1. Um, like, idk. Like the Bucs I guess...

2. Kruger. Schwartz. FBs not named Oby

3. Every baseball team

4. Working long hours in a plant when it is nice outside.

5. My current city, Fort Wayne, IN.

6. Ann Arbor and back home to Cleveland.

1. Atlanta

2. McDaniel

3. Yawn

4. No football until late July camps

5. Toledo (once jilted by a girl there a million years ago)

6. Just returned from Maui and Kauai. Driving my daughter back from Cali. via Yosemite and Grand Canyon in July before flying out to see siblings in Colo in Aug. Lots going on this summer.

Outside of the AFC north, teams I don't find boring- Green Bay, KC.

Ditto Zombo.

Baseball sucks in general- and the Tribe in particular this year. I'm more interested in the fact ESPN caught Charlie Hustler has been lying out his ass forever- again. Now if you're interested in starting another thread "which 5 professional athletes, current or past, do you despise the most"? Pete is 1A AND 2B, followed by Kobe "the Rapist", "Little Criminal" Ray Lewis, and A-Roid. Honorable mentions to Roger Clemmons and Barry "FatHead" Bonds.

Nothing- I love summer, except for the midwest humidity.

Had to think about that one- Boise, Idaho.

Nowhere this summer- if I was going anywhere significant, Wyoming or Alaska would be on my radar. Bucket list is Tahiti or Australia.

Tennessee. Not sure why.

John Greco.

That it still rains a lot. Cos, ya know, London.

Just got back from Greece and starting to plan a trip for early autumn. Warm/sunny days in London are too rare to go away over the summer and miss them.

Miami Dolphins. Even though I liked Don Shula, they never moved the needle for me, and their uniforms are absolutely the worst.

Right now, it's not applicable. In the past, Braylon Edwards & Andre Rison.

To a degree, yes. I still go to several games a season, but now, if they fall behind by 3 runs early, I figure the game's over. Absolutely no offense the last few seasons, it's awful.

Too much humidity, and the wait between the US Open and British Open.

Outer Banks of NC. Too pricey and not enough reasonable priced golf. (and I know it's not a "city").

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and then Whistling Straits for the PGA Championship in our RV. May seem mundane to some of you, but we love the peace and solitude of the UP. Then we arrive at the PGA, with hopefully some good crowds at a golf course I need to see in person.

While I have been through Houston, I haven't spent enough time there to tell if it is mundane...though it seems like it could be. A couple of things there that I have not been to may in fact be somewhat interesting: The Astrodome, the Space Center.

My son and his wife live in Houston (moved there 4 years ago). I thought the same thing the first time we visited, but it's actually not that bad of a place. Too humid for me, but there's stuff to do, and minute Maid park is awesome for an Astros game.

May be about to change, but TN Titans have been there for me for a while.

Closest I can come to an answer is whomever our current Longsnapper is...

Apathy? No.... Disappointment is the word.

The triple digit highs... day after day after day after...

Cincinnati is pretty high on the list, but Omaha probably takes the prize.

No summer vaca plans this year. Looking to head to Panama for Christmas.

One note on the Houston comment...

If you are bored in Houston, it's your own fault...

Heard The Who's cover of this song the other day on the radio. DJ came on after it and called it their "cover of the original by Blue Cheer."

Obviously this DJ needed a Rockabilly lesson. I could not dial fast enough...

No summer vaca plans this year. Looking to head to Panama for Christmas.

You better hope the rainy season has ended on time (normally mid-Dec.). I went to Jungle School there for 2 weeks in Sept and we were instructed not even to bother with ponchos since it was so humid we would be soaked either way. Best to be soaked and cool than soaked and over heated.

You better hope the rainy season has ended on time (normally mid-Dec.). I went to Jungle School there for 2 weeks in Sept and we were instructed not even to bother with ponchos since it was so humid we would be soaked either way. Best to be soaked and cool than soaked and over heated.

I was originally looking at Costa Rica for this september. A little bit of research later and it's not happening! If I want rain, I'll stay in London.

Outer Banks of NC. Too pricey and not enough reasonable priced golf. (and I know it's not a "city").

That area, sorta, was my spring break (Atlantic Beach...south of OBX). I didn't find the prices all that bad....maybe the time of year. Since I am not golfing, that is not an issue with me.

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and then Whistling Straits for the PGA Championship in our RV. May seem mundane to some of you, but we love the peace and solitude of the UP. Then we arrive at the PGA, with hopefully some good crowds at a golf course I need to see in person.

No, sounds cool. I always liked Mackinac, and Taquamenon Falls is pretty awesome, as is the Keeweenaw Peninsula.

And the PGA being held near Green Bay......the Cheeseheads go wild.

Dolphins. Never disliked them, but even with Tanney at the helm I can't get into them. Also Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona.

Terrance West. He's from Baltimore and I love everything about the Crow too much.

Don't follow MLB, but the Indians are my team for whatever that's worth. Best logo in sports except for maybe Arkansas. I also just ebayd a sweet deal on an Indians jersey for my 6 month old nephew. So no?

Waiting for football. End of the College World Series to the start of SEC Media Days (late July) is hell. But it gives me an excuse to watch my favorite movie Remember the Titans yearly.

Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

Hated Waco growing up but now I realize it's similar to College Station. Maybe Houston. I can't believe you listed Dallas, my second favorite city behind CS. You're a conservative, right Gip? You oughta love Dallas.

Conservative? No....I am unique.

And I don't know what being conservative or otherwise would have to do with liking or disliking Dallas.

Except for the unfortunately historic Dealey Plaza I found little of interest in Dallas in the several times I was there. It had little character, was fairly antiseptic. Maybe I might to see the stadiums there at some point...the Jerry Dome and the Rangers field....but that is about it.

In fact, I am scheduled to make a Texas Tour later this year. I am skipping Dallas and going to see Abilene, Wichita Falls, Amarillo, Lubbock, and Odessa/Midland.

Just Galveston because we don't have much money but I'm looking forward to it.

Shoot us a report. If my daughter graduates on time next May (she may not), I had thought about taking her over to Galveston for a few days to the beach to check it out. I have not been there.

It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

Go to Schlitterbahn while you're here.

It's one of the only conservative big cities. Through and through. Very preppy, high class, little ruff raff, not many weirdos or homeless. Dallas is awesome. I agree it's not great on things to do, but it's a culture and an air that exists there that is cool. Just my .02. Most people here in Austin hate Dallas with passion.

Again, sounds boring and antiseptic and lacking in character, just as it seem Not hate for me...just blah and not "cool".

Schlitterbahn is a Waterpark, no? Probably not in November. Though I am not into it, I could get there with my daughter if she graduates next May....IF IF IF.

Preppy people with airs about them and not much to do ... well who wouldn't want to live there?

Zombo

Archived