THE BROWNS BOARD

The Last Waltz

My son and I watched it last night on Netflix

I had never seen it before

Really a memorable movie.

Hey how did all those artists get so young over the years?

What other music / concert movies would you recommend? Not 'fiction' stuff like Spinal Tap, etc. but more based on music, life on the road, etc.

On I plan to see you for the next issue of The Voice is the Wrecking Crew, a documentary about the studio musicians who played almost all the tracks we here from the pop songs of the sixties and beyond.

WSS

I've heard of that documentary. Not sure where to see it - probably not in a theater. Everything I've heard - mostly on college Oldies Shows - has been very positive.

I have yet to watch Muscle Shoals on Netflix but that is in my 'favorites' for a rainy night.

I've heard of that documentary. Not sure where to see it - probably not in a theater. Everything I've heard - mostly on college Oldies Shows - has been very positive.

I have yet to watch Muscle Shoals on Netflix but that is in my 'favorites' for a rainy night.

Like quite a few new movies they are in very limited release as well as video on demand. I think you can rent this digitally from Amazon.

Maggie the latest Arnold Schwarzenegger movie before the new Terminator was in limited release and VOD.

WSS

• 3 months later...

What other music / concert movies would you recommend? Not 'fiction' stuff like Spinal Tap, etc. but more based on music, life on the road, etc.

If you like The Talking Heads at all, then find a copy of Stop Making Sense. Really innovative concert with some of the best sound I have heard in a concert video.

It opens with David Byrne doing a killer, solo, acoustic version of "Psycho Killer" accompanied by a boom box on a naked stage. From there the concert set and players are added piece by piece and player by player every other song or so.

Archived