THE BROWNS BOARD

Obamao is a racist president.

calfoxwc

Nope. Google "obama my people" and "Sandy Hook"..

You won't find it. I checked that before I posted,

Sadly, Obamao uses both for political gain in his anti-2nd Amendment battle, which

is part of his culture war.

He clearly was upset by the shootings. Couldn't care less about the shootings in the theater at Colorado.

Words have meanings. "My people" refers to black victims in S. Carolina.

That's all I'm saying. But banning gun ownership in millions and millions of responsible gun owners

has nothing to do with the rate of crime by deranged, violent inviduals who all too often

are on psycho drugs while under a psychiatrist's care.

yes, let's deflect from the fact that a few GOP POTUS candidates are involved with and take donations from the white segregation group that Roof cited as inspiration for his shooting. If the argument being made here is that Obama wasn't dismayed by earlier shootings, that's a stretch of the incredulous because after every shooting he gets accused of going too far in his gun control legislation and being all "emotional and kneejerky" every time a couple people get shot.....GOSH!!!

You're a lunatic Cal.

Nope. Google "obama my people" and "Sandy Hook"..

You won't find it. I checked that before I posted,

Sadly, Obamao uses both for political gain in his anti-2nd Amendment battle, which

is part of his culture war.

He clearly was upset by the shootings. Couldn't care less about the shootings in the theater at Colorado.

Words have meanings. "My people" refers to black victims in S. Carolina.

That's all I'm saying. But banning gun ownership in millions and millions of responsible gun owners

has nothing to do with the rate of crime by deranged, violent inviduals who all too often

are on psycho drugs while under a psychiatrist's care.

I did find his speech on Sandy Hook- and he says right in the speech "and these children are our children." -

Off topic but how do you stop something like Sandy Hook? Connecticut already had some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. Lanza took the guns from his mother who had them legally and killed her. One thing our county has done (with the help of our Sheriff) is that in every school we have teachers who have been trained and authorized to carry a weapon. This makes much more sense than a gun free sign on the door.

There are plenty of ways to stop it, but you'd be infringing on civil rights, with things like metal detectors on the entrances, or armed security guards, things like that. But you don't want to turn schools in to prisons.

Other than that, make sure your guns are secure and not accessible (or usable?) by anyone but yourself. So a solid gun case would be a good place to start. Obviously there's the conversation about smart guns as well, but that technology is some way off being usable.

At another step back in the process, better mental health care for people who clearly have mental health issues like that guy.

There are plenty of ways to stop it, but you'd be infringing on civil rights, with things like metal detectors on the entrances, or armed security guards, things like that. But you don't want to turn schools in to prisons.

☆ so instead we enact some completely ineffectual regulations and wring our hands?☆

Other than that, make sure your guns are secure and not accessible (or usable?) by anyone but yourself. So a solid gun case would be a good place to start. Obviously there's the conversation about smart guns as well, but that technology is some way off being usable.

☆ it certainly is so that solution is not practical☆

At another step back in the process, better mental health care for people who clearly have mental health issues like that guy.

☆ that panacea is really not in existence. First we understand almost nothing about mental health and second it would be almost impossible to screen out all the people who might do something like this.☆

( I guess we could start with all the people who are currently in lunatic asylums wearing straitjackets in padded Cells yet I don't know if even that would have prevented one single mass shooting to date)

WSS

I like what our Sheriff did with our school teachers in getting them weapons trained. Instead of having to hire an armed guard for every school we have every school with an armed teacher. We had more than enough teachers from every school to volunteer for the program.

☆ that panacea is really not in existence. First we understand almost nothing about mental health and second it would be almost impossible to screen out all the people who might do something like this.☆

( I guess we could start with all the people who are currently in lunatic asylums wearing straitjackets in padded Cells yet I don't know if even that would have prevented one single mass shooting to date)

WSS

Of course, I'm making the assumption that completely removing guns is not an option. Because, " Lanza took the guns from his mother who had them legally and killed her" doesn't happen if his mother doesn't have a gun in the first place ;)

I like what our Sheriff did with our school teachers in getting them weapons trained. Instead of having to hire an armed guard for every school we have every school with an armed teacher. We had more than enough teachers from every school to volunteer for the program.

I'm not against that at all so long as the teachers really do get "proper" training...not just the how's of shooting. Knowing how to shoot in a pressure situation with kids possibly running past you and infront of you is a completely different story. I hope they put them through the SWAT VR simulators.

I'm not against that at all so long as the teachers really do get "proper" training...not just the how's of shooting. Knowing how to shoot in a pressure situation with kids possibly running past you and infront of you is a completely different story. I hope they put them through the SWAT VR simulators.

You'd also have to hope that none of the teachers ever flip out in a similar way...

It's impossible to ban guns altogether... the black market would supply

plenty of guns to criminals.

Like drug cartels. They don't follow any laws.

And it's pretty obvious that a nutjob who wants to shoot up a place,

won't go to a school where he won't stand a chance.

He'll go to a "gun free zone"....

Of course, I'm making the assumption that completely removing guns is not an option. Because, " Lanza took the guns from his mother who had them legally and killed her" doesn't happen if his mother doesn't have a gun in the first place ;)

Again I agree with you that if the goal is to eliminate gun violence then completely removing guns from the equation is the only solution that will work.

There is a Machiavellian solution to every problem whether or not society is willing to implement it.

WSS

Again I agree with you that if the goal is to eliminate gun violence then completely removing guns from the equation is the only solution that will work.

There is a Machiavellian solution to every problem whether or not society is willing to implement it.

WSS

And as I said before, Americans seem happy to live with gun violence if it means they get to keep their guns.

I'd call it more keeping our freedom but why mince words?

Are we happy to live with the ravages of alcoholism on society because we repealed prohibition?

WSS

Well with alcohol, same as with cars, with kitchen knives, baseball bats or whatever other tired analogy gets trotted out, the primary purpose is not the maiming and killing of others, unlike a gun.

Well with alcohol, same as with cars, with kitchen knives, baseball bats or whatever other tired analogy gets trotted out, the primary purpose is not the maiming and killing of others, unlike a gun.

The point is public safety above all or not.

And while we are bickering give me a list of things that alcohol is good for other than to fuck you up?

WSS

The point is public safety above all or not.

And while we are bickering give me a list of things that alcohol is good for other than to fuck you up?

The hypocrisy of some things is insane....cigarettes and alcohol are great examples of products pretty much guaranteed to kill you eventually....millions die yearly as a direct result of using them.....yet.....billions of tax dollars are spent fighting a war against weed(for example), which has killed no one(except for those who died in the "war" so to speak).....

Imagine if someone came out with a new product....any product.....that made you crash your car, then die of lung cancer.....HA!

And with the whole gun thing, no matter where you stand, the facts show where there are more guns, there are more gun deaths. Makes sense. But the facts also show that where there are more guns, there are NOT necessarily more homicides. None the less, not sure how one regulates billions upon billions of guns that now reside in every nook and cranny here and everywhere else...

And Im far from a gun toting NRA "love my weapons" kinda guy, but I did grow up with guns and have always had guns....hell, even got my girl her own rifle at 12....and pretty much agree with the cliche that controlling guns will only regulate the law abiding citizens and truly change nothing crime or homicide wise....

Off topic but how do you stop something like Sandy Hook? Connecticut already had some of the toughest gun laws in the nation. Lanza took the guns from his mother who had them legally and killed her. One thing our county has done (with the help of our Sheriff) is that in every school we have teachers who have been trained and authorized to carry a weapon. This makes much more sense than a gun free sign on the door.

I (pray) I come across as a rather reasonable and middle ground poster - and I don't have much interest in conspiracy theories. For those folks that do, sometimes its hard for them to accept that things can just 'be'.

That said, when it comes to Sandy Hook - I've ALWAYS felt something was well out of place there.

Why is it that libs say we should give up our guns because of gun crimes, and tragic, senseless dealths

caused by nutjobs, because those lost lives were priceless...

but they are happy to keep their abortion, murdering all those born and unborn children?

Abortion has only one purpose, the murdering of innocents.

Guns are made to shoot at targets, game, and violent attackers and home invaders.

Abortion is murder. Convenience is the key? They WANT to murder children when THEY WANT TO.

But when some nutjob murders children, we have to make all Americans be forced into responsibility,

when they are already responsible.

Why aren't all the millions of born and unborn children also "Obamao's children" ?

Why is it that libs say we should give up our guns because of gun crimes, and tragic, senseless dealths

caused by nutjobs, because those lost lives were priceless...

but they are happy to keep their abortion, murdering all those born and unborn children?

Abortion has only one purpose, the murdering of innocents.

Guns are made to shoot at targets, game, and violent attackers and home invaders.

Abortion is murder. Convenience is the key? They WANT to murder children when THEY WANT TO.

But when some nutjob murders children, we have to make all Americans be forced into responsibility,

when they are already responsible.

Why aren't all the millions of born and unborn children also "Obamao's children" ?

you really make almost infantile arguments. You can be against a womans choice to do with her body what she pleases, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But to compare the act of getting an abortion with an inanimate object such as a firearm is literally child like. This has no bearing on the firearms debate pro or con...but just comparing the two is the type of analogy that "most" of our parents talked us out of when we were very young. Did your parents skip the apples to oranges lesson?

well, inanimate objects are used in abortions, ignoramus.

You really love your feet in your mouth.

And I SAID "unborn and born".

PBA, all sorts of stuff you can't discuss because

you just aren't understanding much.

If liberals value human life, and we all are sad at the tragic murders at Sandy Hook and anywhere else.....

why is it that they are so callous about born and unborn children's lives?

Do you know what I refer to as "born" ???

well, inanimate objects are used in abortions, ignoramus.

You really love your feet in your mouth.

And I SAID "unborn and born".

PBA, all sorts of stuff you can't discuss because

you just aren't understanding much.

If liberals value human life, and we all are sad at the tragic murders at Sandy Hook and anywhere else.....

why is it that they are so callous about born and unborn children's lives?

Do you know what I refer to as "born" ???

They aren't "callous" about abortion. That's were infants like you miss the boat, completely. You've bought into the right wingnut narrative that anybody that's "pro choice" is someone who gleefully wishes all pregnancies end in abortion. And that's because you're an idiot who for the life of him simply cannot understand a viewpoint or opinion other than his own. This right here is why you're a simpleton. Right here. Study it, acceptance is the 1st step in any 12 step program.

And it's not just liberals who are pro choice FYI.

Never said anything about only liberals ,blah blah

You are going off the deep end trying to hide your ignorance.

You are starting to be a lot like worthless woodpecker.

Invent points never brought up, smart off, name call, make asinine

assumptions and call it some kind of sick victory of debate.

Not winning, you are.

Archived