THE BROWNS BOARD

True Detective Season 2

they did the old game of thrones nobody is safe as a character bit.

now that that is done i can see the direction of the 2 true detectives and them porking the fuck out of each other.

a swing and a miss. of course they were dummy shotgun shells ( :wacko: )

• 4 weeks later...

i like the show. last year was a one year fluke. everything aligned perfectly for mconaughey and harrelson. this year they tried too hard with too much. i loved the actors but i couldn't wrap my head around the story line as easily as i did last year. was it about corruption? prostitution? uh...........?

and the fact that every character that i like got gun downed wasn't the most pleasant ending to a sunday night weekend with the hag. (wanted to pull out my own automatic by the end of that shit).

If we think back to the first season was the conspiracy there any more easy to understand? The only thing that saved that particular conspiracy is the convenient add on of a big bad...the man with the scars on his face...but ultimately it was still very convoluted. This season was slightly more realistic and therefore less satisfying. I found myself wondering why the detectives cared about this massive rather benign conspiracy which was ultimately just about money. Not enough was made of the gruesome murder of Caspere and what could have been the sick seedy bird masked murderer just turned out to be some dumb revenge plot that went nowhere. Also, even though I liked velcoro/Colin Farrel/ he was no McConaughey. The real reason everyone fawned over season 1 really just boiled down to woody and Matthew.

If we think back to the first season was the conspiracy there any more easy to understand? The only thing that saved that particular conspiracy is the convenient add on of a big bad...the man with the scars on his face...but ultimately it was still very convoluted. This season was slightly more realistic and therefore less satisfying. I found myself wondering why the detectives cared about this massive rather benign conspiracy which was ultimately just about money. Not enough was made of the gruesome murder of Caspere and what could have been the sick seedy bird masked murderer just turned out to be some dumb revenge plot that went nowhere. Also, even though I liked velcoro/Colin Farrel/ he was no McConaughey. The real reason everyone fawned over season 1 really just boiled down to woody and Matthew.

yeah, i guess. at least season 1 was more a 'true' detective type plot where cops are trying to find killers and solve things. season 2, we as an audience pretty much new who the bad guys were from jump street and at the end our fave characters were running away not towards the prize. the way people in social media have slammed this, pizzolatto might want to rethink his game going into season 3......if there is one.

Archived