THE BROWNS BOARD

browns board logo for hats…anyone?

miktoxic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11403220_10101254429425662_6625122697992

like the bottom one alot. i was trying to 'intertwine 2 Bs using block letters and it was horrible. i think the only way to accomplish that would have to be done like the example gftchris put up originally, with a font that is pretty thin and no offense to that football club's but the B in that looked to much like the red sox font and F them so......

remember also that this MIGHT be used on a hat which means embroidery. i did some american apparel beanies last year for a client who's logo had a lot of fine detail in it (like the laces in the football) which the embroiderer had a hell of a time with and a lot did not properly show and just lost it altogether in the fabric.

let's keep this one cuz if something happens with the hat idea i'll scrap that and do shirts. this would look dope on a brown heather. would just have to stroke the brown B all around.

good job squire.

I didn't even consider the blight of the embroiderer... those were both just rough ideas to set a baseline. I'll try and refine things and/or come up with something new altogether when I get home.

don't worry about that anymore as i'm now leaning towards just doing shirts again. i can achieve a much higher quality with all the fine detail i want and put a lot more info on 2 sides of a shirt than just throwing a logo on a hat. besides i'd have to outsource the embroidery whereas i own my own silkscreen shop. just wanted to do something different... double Bs would be huge and costly.

BTW i used your design and changed up the font and came up with something really close but i don't want to post it without your permission.

don't worry about that anymore as i'm now leaning towards just doing shirts again. i can achieve a much higher quality with all the fine detail i want and put a lot more info on 2 sides of a shirt than just throwing a logo on a hat. besides i'd have to outsource the embroidery whereas i own my own silkscreen shop. just wanted to do something different... double Bs would be huge and costly.

BTW i used your design and changed up the font and came up with something really close but i don't want to post it without your permission.

What! No Fez? No Bowler? No Fedora?

C'mon Man

Anything I post to this thread is open source to any Browns fan. I've been driving all over the Akron/Cleveland area today and have come up with a few ideas that I'll post later today.

I really wanna do a feast mode logo as well. I not only wanna welcome my boy Shelton to the land, but I also am a feast enthusiast.

well if doing a shirt we can definitely add more info....

here's my take on my fave of your ideas. just like a stronger more 'varsity' type font in the logo itself.

browns_board_logo.jpg

oh and whatever the people here like the most i'll still need help with other info, like a tag line on the back. last time i did shirts i just put a list of members on the back. maybe this time i'd like to feature the team or website here more predominately so a full chest print front and then on the back something like (but not limited to) '#1 CLEVELAND BROWN FORUM WITH _____ MEMBERS AND GROWING EVERYDAY" or more smarmy, who knows. you guys are all smart asses so lay out some ideas when it comes to that as well.

What! No Fez? No Bowler? No Fedora?

C'mon Man

HA!! i know man, i shoulda conferred with my embroiderer before posting this. i mean i like you guys and all but a cost that i can control myself compared to a cost that would triple the price for a spot logo on a hat............

hell you better take me out to dinner first. B)

11692550_10101254861634512_761319053095211227954_10101254862657462_8953769104280

Just a few mock ups, like the minimalism of these. The one that doesn't say Browns Board is probably my favorite, because it's so simple.

dopeness! and i agree BUT i like the design aspect of the top one as well. i'm not limited to one color so the bottom design B config with a white stroke? and on the back we put THE BROWNS BOARD acroos the top in a 'varsity' font with some smarmy tagline(s).

thanks for your work dude, your stuff is really good.

i printed on orange last time and the feedback from my friends here was that people look like pumpkins when wearing them LOL.

yeah, I figured two or three screens wouldn't be a problem, I just really respond to the stark contrast and simplicity of just orange and brown. My favorite browns gear is the same way, no white, no black, but that's just a personal preference.

yeah, I figured two or three screens wouldn't be a problem, I just really respond to the stark contrast and simplicity of just orange and brown. My favorite browns gear is the same way, no white, no black, but that's just a personal preference.

that 'stark' contrast almost looks like a foil print. printing that is no problem except if using standard plastisol inks you're left with that heavy hand which can feel like a bullet proof vest in the summer time on a darker shirt like brown. i think we could accomplish a great look AND feel if i printed using discharge waterbased inks. it gives you a washed out vintage look and there is absolutely no hand to it. did it last time on a gildan 100% cotton dark brown:

IMG_0327.jpg

Mik, if you want to take a simpler approach, I like having something big like the BB logo Royce came up with on the BACK, then maybe just "THE BROWNS BOARD" (just letters) on the front left chest. I personally don't like big designs on the front of t-shirts. On the back it's no problem. But I'll wear it either way.

I'm all for the vintage look

hey man, let's enjoy the weekend and hit it again next week. i'll get my drunk friends together tomorrow and ask them about some tag lines. love the stockton idea. the one that he used to use that i always loved was the bud lite in a champagne league thing.

just not trying to say his name too much as he'll suddenly reappear IMO.

your work is much appreciated (and top notch) and whatever happens we'll be sportin something new in the fall.

Mik, if you want to take a simpler approach, I like having something big like the BB logo Royce came up with on the BACK, then maybe just "THE BROWNS BOARD" (just letters) on the front left chest. I personally don't like big designs on the front of t-shirts. On the back it's no problem. But I'll wear it either way.

I agree. Most of my 2 sided prints are with a front left chest print with a full back print BUT if you're getting it for free ????

If you want to help out think of something we could say on the back. It's gonna be a long weekend and I'm sure they'll be ideas that'll pop through our heads. And remember I don't want to put anything out there that the owners of this site find offensive.

Couple thoughts...

"www.thebrownsboard.com" belongs somewhere...

Potential Tag line: "Uncensored football talk since 19XX"

Couple thoughts...

nice. i agree with having the URL on it. i'll make a list of everyone's ideas.

thanks!

This is a brilliant idea about the hats etc, Mik.

I just don't have any ....good.... ideas to add to the mix.

The URL is very smart an idea. Although, with the brown on

a hot day being pretty steamy, and the orange = look like a pumpkin connection...

maybe a white t-shrt, similar to a Browns white jersey?

the colors would stand out...

Well, I admitted I didn't have any good ideas,.....

Couple thoughts...

Uncensored covers "Bark'n, Build'n and Bitch'n since 19xx"

This is a brilliant idea about the hats etc, Mik.

I just don't have any ....good.... ideas to add to the mix.

The URL is very smart an idea. Although, with the brown on

a hot day being pretty steamy, and the orange = look like a pumpkin connection...

maybe a white t-shrt, similar to a Browns white jersey?

the colors would stand out...

Well, I admitted I didn't have any good ideas,.....

understood. i think the fact that the season starts in the fall and you'd be wearing them during the season, a brown shirt is no biggie (and if it's 100% cotton at least it breathes......i wear mine all the time in the summer). besides in my experience i wear a white shirt once or twice and then it's never the same, not even considering the ketchup, mustard or wine spills on white???? HA!!

btw, appreciate any help. people don't have to be a designer to have great ideas. the more opinions involved the better off i'll feel knowing i got input from a wide spectrum of people.

(THNXS!)

i'd like to get input from some mods so i know wear the line is drawn when it comes to a tag line. i wouldn't mind being specific about "the #1 brown's fan forum. uncensored football talk since ____ (as tour suggested). but i also like a little smarmy as long as it's still family friendly. (i mean i'd make a different version if it was for the friday or saturday night before the game. but wives and kids go to the game so....)

Archived