THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns will win the Championship.

PoeticG

This season is going to be amazing. We were so close last year and then we went and added some awesome pieces through Free Agency and the NFL Draft! The Browns are sporting one of the most impressive Defenses that I've seen in a long while. Every spot sports a star. It's crazy to think that we are so deep in talent that we were just able to let Rubin one of our cornerstones for years just walk and we actually upgraded that position the way we did. The Draft brought, Cooper, Shelton and.. really it's too much to add right now but this defensive group, especially the secondary is incredible. So deep in fact is the secondary that it's close to being you needing floaties deep. We have Desir who coming along that hardly played last year, Gilbert who hardly played last year and then next year we have the IFO... Identified Flying Object to wreck shop on WR routes and has amazing ball hawking skill for a young player. He could end up being the steal of the draft in years to come.

All that is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. We have so much talent at WR that it's borderline Crazy Cat Lady. We went from losing Gordon for another year...which also adds to the team next season.. it's almost too much to think about right now, I mean just how sick this team will be next year alone, without us even being able to attract all the top FAs... because we'll win the Superbowl this year, mark my words. This team can't be denied. Johnson, The Crow and West will be the new gold standard in the running game. As much as I liked Trent, this backfield is better than Trent alone. The Raiders have the right Idea, they will be good this year as well. I'm thinking they find the playoff with us this season... how crazy would it be if the Browns and Raiders met in the Superbowl next year?! ...It could happen fuckers...

Anyways, we'll be fucking spectacular this year. I'm thinking 13-3, regular season record good. I don't see a weakness in this team, if anything it's growing and getting stronger and stronger! The only thing that I'm concerned about is; Where do we go from the top? It will be bittersweet to see us dominating. Just as we gained legions of JFF fans when Manziel came aboard, we'll without a doubt have many bandwagoners to deal with. But I'll remember who's who when it's go time. This team is loaded with talent and hopefully our new OC and Pettine can figure out a way to get this Offense moving because, it would be a crying shame to squander this team. From Oline to Dline, from RB to the Secondary, we are poised... to get the gleam.

Po has already stated that JM will be our starter, so you can judge the impact of that variable for yourselves...

Personally... I'm still working on "wreck shop"...

Nice rant overall, however for the Browns and raiders to meet in next years Superbowl, there would have to be some sort of realighnment since both teams are currently in the AFC.

We will be making do with a bridge qb in McCown but I think McCown is going to surprise people this year. He is not going to be under so much pressure with the good blocking from our O line and won't be taking sacks like he did with Tampa and their pitiful OL. Our defense is going to keep scores down and he is not going to be called on to have the offense score a lot of points to win. What he is being called on to do he has a lot of NFL experience to do such as making good decisions and keeping mistakes on offense to a minimum. He has a better arm than most people think and if defenses try to stack the defensive line to stop the run I think McCown has the ability and and the Browns good enough receivers to make them pay for it. We are going to have a good season this year and will be fighting for the division title in December. 10-6 with the tough schedule all the teams in the division are playing this season might win the division for the Browns.

Boy I hope the poster was high on something when he wrote this lol.

i guess you don't know PoG very well...

ultimate browns fan but can get a little hung up on a player or two and go all in when they still are unproven.

although his heart is in the right place it reminds me of being stoned (way back when) and then going to the supermarket and buying everything on the shelf.

i guess you don't know PoG very well...

ultimate browns fan but can get a little hung up on a player or two and go all in when they still are unproven.

although his heart is in the right place it reminds me of being stoned (way back when) and then going to the supermarket and buying everything on the shelf.

. . . he's been around since 2012 . . . so I'm not sure how that can be.

Which reminds me, whatever happened go Ghoulie ?

The Raiders have the right Idea, they will be good this year as well. I'm thinking they find the playoff with us this season... how crazy would it be if the Browns and Raiders met in the Superbowl next year?! ...It could happen fuckers...

Even with all of the hope, and good will, in the world, some things actually can't happen ... and this is one of them.

Fucker.

Zombo

Aww fuck ... I thought I hit reply, but I must have it edit ... and his rant is gone. It was a keeper too. Wish someone had quoted the whole thing.

Zombo

This season is going to be amazing. We were so close last year and then we went and added some awesome pieces through Free Agency and the NFL Draft! The Browns are sporting one of the most impressive Defenses that I've seen in a long while. Every spot sports a star. It's crazy to think that we are so deep in talent that we were just able to let Rubin one of our cornerstones for years just walk and we actually upgraded that position the way we did. The Draft brought, Cooper, Shelton and.. really it's too much to add right now but this defensive group, especially the secondary is incredible. So deep in fact is the secondary that it's close to being you needing floaties deep. We have Desir who coming along that hardly played last year, Gilbert who hardly played last year and then next year we have the IFO... Identified Flying Object to wreck shop on WR routes and has amazing ball hawking skill for a young player. He could end up being the steal of the draft in years to come.

All that is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. We have so much talent at WR that it's borderline Crazy Cat Lady. We went from losing Gordon for another year...which also adds to the team next season.. it's almost too much to think about right now, I mean just how sick this team will be next year alone, without us even being able to attract all the top FAs... because we'll win the Superbowl this year, mark my words. This team can't be denied. Johnson, The Crow and West will be the new gold standard in the running game. As much as I liked Trent, this backfield is better than Trent alone. The Raiders have the right Idea, they will be good this year as well. I'm thinking they find the playoff with us this season... how crazy would it be if the Browns and Raiders met in the Superbowl next year?! ...It could happen fuckers...

Anyways, we'll be fucking spectacular this year. I'm thinking 13-3, regular season record good. I don't see a weakness in this team, if anything it's growing and getting stronger and stronger! The only thing that I'm concerned about is; Where do we go from the top? It will be bittersweet to see us dominating. Just as we gained legions of JFF fans when Manziel came aboard, we'll without a doubt have many bandwagoners to deal with. But I'll remember who's who when it's go time. This team is loaded with talent and hopefully our new OC and Pettine can figure out a way to get this Offense moving because, it would be a crying shame to squander this team. From Oline to Dline, from RB to the Secondary, we are poised... to get the gleam.

I'll give your optimism and understanding of what we added a dawg biscuit. We have 3 playoff teams in our own division that we play twice so don't think we need to win 13 games to be successful. Having said that, it's not unrealistic to think we can improve by at LEAST 2-3 wins considering 2 of our losses were as time expired and had several 2nd half leads. Good job for the most part

A couple nitpicks. When I hear the word gleam - I get a disturbing dejavue of Marty puckering his ass cheeks so John Elway can split his uprights. Heebeegeebees.

If there's one college fan base I don't mind adding - it's one with a strong 12th man tradition at A&M. That was there long before Manziel. I just remembered hearing A&M better practice their ostrich pose when they join that allegedly invincible SEC. Next thing I now, the only college QB capable of going into Alabama and beating Nick Saban's team there was JFF. Hype clearly understood and justified on my very first impression. If we can keep Manziel De-Blutarsky'd - I'm intrigued to see what he can accomplish here in the next couple of years. I think he had the highest Wunderlic score of all the QBs drafted in the first few rounds of his draft class so he's a smart kid when focused.

I'm glad we don't have to race Manziel in there; but I'm confident we won't shrink our passing game into phone booth the next time around either. If they phone boothed the passing game in Minnesota when Tarkenton had to elude LA's Fearsome Foursome or Ed Too Tall Jones, Harvey Martin and Company - it would have been handcuff city rather than Hall of Famesies. If the goal is chicken shit football from your OC - then you get what you sign up for IMO. Nick Saban didn't get beat by a QB raced over to one edge formation throwing to a tiny 3rd of the field. He got beat EXACTLY the way Tarkenton used to beat Dallas and LA's Pro Bowl pass rushers while keeping in question which side of pocket he would escape to upon improvise which bought time and separation for his receivers. Tarkenton wasn't a track scholarship guy that RGIII is any more than Manziel is. He's a change of direction, pull-a-rabbit-outta-my-ass-have-a-tums-on-me-mr-saban QB. The worst thing you can do is immediately remove either escape side of pocket all the while while our OC refuses to throw to our RBs just over those aggressive defensive edges clamping down. That's like a boxer saying no thanks to an opponent daring him punch his unprotected glass jaw. 32 receptions from our RB position in 16 games says all it has to about that while it invites aggressive edges for 60 minutes of pin their ears back mode knowing we'll refuse to exploit zone blitz coverage opportunities frequently unmanned in the flats and grey areas between the flats and hook zones. Swing passes/wheel routes always kept Lindy Infante dictating gridiron chess matches. This area in particular is where I see HUGE room for improvement with an OC that likes to throw to RBs. Speaking of Infante, the last time we won 12 regular games in 86 - our RB position combined for 123 receptions to combat drooling edges for cement shoes of Bernie Kosar. Pretending JFF is RGIII is just as headscratchsies as thinking the way to beat Houston is to run almost exclusively at JJ Wattshisname especially when Joe Thomas is facing a rookie DE he outweighed by about 50 lbs or so.

That probably sounded like I didn't appreciate Kyle Shanahan getting us off to a 6-3 and 7-4 start. Believe it or not, I did appreciate how well he improved our running game despite the volume of injuries/suspensions (that kept 3 Pro Bowl players sideline for two-thirds of the season). I just think if he ever opens up that 1 dimension of throwing to RBs - his offenses might not peak too early. The year Mack and Byner both rushed for over 1000 yards apiece in 85 - we only won half our games. Infante showed up 1 year later with the things I spoke of above and the offense grew instead of peaked.

Last season the Browns went with Shannahan over DeFilippo because of Shanny having more experience. I think Shannahan is a good OC but he was not a good "Brown". He proved that with how he left this organization in a mess which we had to clean up. I have no doubt all he had to do was ask and they would have let him out of his contract but he had to make some 32 power point presentation of complaints and getting our GM in trouble with league about texting messages. I read where Shannahan was known for being a complainer with the Redskins too and I am glad to see him gone and welcome Defilippo.

Aww fuck ... I thought I hit reply, but I must have it edit ... and his rant is gone. It was a keeper too. Wish someone had quoted the whole thing.

Zombo

Not sure how given the time stamps, but looks like Flugs bailed you out...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=514340

So get your copy/paste on...

Last season the Browns went with Shannahan over DeFilippo because of Shanny having more experience. I think Shannahan is a good OC but he was not a good "Brown". He proved that with how he left this organization in a mess which we had to clean up. I have no doubt all he had to do was ask and they would have let him out of his contract but he had to make some 32 power point presentation of complaints and getting our GM in trouble with league about texting messages. I read where Shannahan was known for being a complainer with the Redskins too and I am glad to see him gone and welcome Defilippo.

Good post OBF! As I said,I liked that he turned us around. My question remains is his refusal to use RBs in the short passing game the reason his offenses peak early and decline? My guess is he begins whining when he's encouraged to consider it; but that's only a guess.

My question remains is his refusal to use RBs in the short passing game the reason his offenses peak early and decline? My guess is he begins whining when he's encouraged to consider it; but that's only a guess.

As simple as personnel? Kyle had no issues dialing up Helu in WSH when he was healthy.

As simple as personnel? Kyle had no issues dialing up Helu in WSH when he was healthy.

That's a good question Tour and very good point about Helu. I actually had to go back and edit the post because we got 32 receptions from our RB position. That still leaves plenty of room for growth that I think our staff/OC will work toward.

. . . he's been around since 2012 . . . so I'm not sure how that can be.

Which reminds me, whatever happened go Ghoulie ?

OH, he's still around- just waiting for the season to start I assume. I see plenty of his (non-football) rants on Facebook.

Just a couple of things here before I go to sleep. I became a member October 2011 just after being banned from the Cleveland Browns Chat forum for the final time... essentially a lifetime ban** Which I still refute passionately.. lol. This Board however, is the Best place to talk about the Browns on the internet. You are not censored like other places and are able to talk about the things that matter without worrying about offending this bitch or that faggot... HA HA!

This Board took me on and I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to talk Browns and anything else that pops into my head. The players on this board know football better than any other teams 'fans' that I've ever talked to. From formations and the x and o's to scouting college prospects, from the ins and outs of Trivia and history to what a General Manger should and shouldn't be doing. These guys have seen it all, and if you can truly write a chapter from a win but a book from a loss then these guys have a library worth of knowledge to draw from.

I did screw that up about the Raiders being in the AFC, for some reason them being all the way over on the West Coast I just slipped that up for some reason. So, my bad homey...but regardless, an AFC Championship game with the Raiders and Browns would be HUUUGE> I just got back from cabin-life the past few day and have to be up early for work, so until next time Dawgs, same BrownsBoard, same PoeticG, Peace.

This years team is better in almost every aspect and every faucet of the game than last years team. In almost every clip the Browns are right in the thick of the game and have a chance to win. Nobody, NOBODY will blow out this team. They are that hungry.

I'm on board with the last post PoG....

All the little things look to be coming together. Cockpits almost built and ready for a QB, someone simply needs to step up and play.

Haven't felt this good about the browns before, injuries being equal we can certainly make some noise. Gonna be a fun season!

Archived