THE BROWNS BOARD

Edge Players for the Future

TexasAg1969

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000499303/article/myles-garrett-joey-bosa-are-top-cfb-edge-defenders-to-watch

Bosa in 2016 and Garrett in 2017 - keep an eye on these two especially. Now that A&M has a true NT coming in, Garrett will get scary good without those double/triple teams. Bosa would look great with Selton next to him.

but we already have depth at those positions and if you are following farmer's plan (which was to build the lines from middle out then back) unless there's a blue-chip #1 defensive game changer i think he drafts offensive weapons next year.

I'd pray we don't pick high enough to get Joey. As much as I'd love him in Cleveland

Same goes for Garrett. Both will go high their respective years barring injury. BTW Garrett broke Clowney's freshman SEC sack record. And now with a DC who believes in attacking the QB, it's going to get even better.

Is Bosa coming out? Does Garrett set the edge?

... unless there's a blue-chip #1 defensive game changer i think he drafts offensive weapons next year.

Tend to agree and I see DEs for Pet being blocker-eating, role players, not game changers.

As of now hard to argue against going for a QB high. While I am still waiting for my 3-down OLB to emerge, on the D side the only burning, 2016 need might be an an impact ILB... unless a need for a 3-down, OLB is what emerges. If it did, then Georgia's Jenkins has that look.

Otherwise 2016 is looking very BPA-ish.

Lemme guess... Rhymes with more-chard... :)

Hope so cause he's just around the corner and I am getting tired of waiting.

Is Bosa coming out? Does Garrett set the edge?

As of now hard to argue against going for a QB high. While I am still waiting for my 3-down OLB to emerge, on the D side the only burning, 2016 need might be an an impact ILB... unless a need for a 3-down, OLB is what emerges. If it did, then Georgia's Jenkins has that look.

Otherwise 2016 is looking very BPA-ish.

Really see the same thing here.....w/o knowing how things pan out this season, right now I see us needing a QB and some more LB's......and possibly OL again, based upon how contract talks go with Mack & Schwartz....

Much as I like him, I dont see any scenario(at all) that would get us Bosa....

Lemme guess... Rhymes with more-chard... :)

Hope so cause he's just around the corner and I am getting tired of waiting.

I can't remember being more excited about seeing a trio of defensive players in a long, long time. I'll certainly be attending a couple training camps.

Archived