THE BROWNS BOARD

In the Film Room (Week 2-Saints)

wargograw

Yep, long night. So here goes.

First off, why are we wearing white?

Pretty good energy in the crowd and team this game. Good stuff.

Like I said in the Steelers Week 1 thread, the passes to runningbacks are big time. On our second possession, you see Hoyer roll out, find nothing, then dump it off to West who promptly picks up 10 yards. Can someone say Duke Johnson?

Hoyer flashes greatness quite frequently then turns around and makes idiotic decisions with piss poor technique. When he's good, he's really good.

Great coverage on Graham early. What do you guys think was done differently that allowed him to attain two touchdowns a career high in receptions after a catchless first quarter?

Really liking Dray's run blocking over both of these two games. And as I say that Barnidge gains just enough to get a first down on 3rd and 12 even though he only caught it about 8 yards deep. Great play.

They just said we had the best grass they'd seen in a couple of years. They'll never take that away from us.

Just like in Madden, Miles Austin's hands are killing me.

Kruger's pass rush is really phenomenal these first two games. He's been pretty unstoppable playing against some pretty good tackles. K'Waun Williams is a BEAST on special teams.

When Graham scores the first saint touchdown (end of the first half), Haden seems to take a misstep so he can't come up to make the play. The announcers comment that Haden needs some safety help because Graham is so big. That may be true, but it didn't seem evident to me on that particular play. Haden was still about a foot and a half away from Graham when he made the catch, so we don't know how Haden would have fared had he not misplayed Graham's move and was right there with his body in place to make the play. But what do I know.

Much better game from Gilbert. Broke up one pass and hasn't been targeted after that that I've seen. And as I type that he gives up a reception to Graham and gets hurt.

I know Graham ended up scoring (his second touchdown now) regardless, but Skrine and Whitner made a nice attempt at keeping him flat so he couldn't cross the plane (he caught the ball at about the half yard line so he pretty much only had to turn around to score).

Johnny had a nice play action play, scramble and throw to Agnew. I'm not sure why they played him though. On a side note there have been too many miscommunications between Hoyer and his receivers so far.

Great red zone offense in both of these games. Seem to have had several 8+ yard runs within the 15 yard line. In this case it was West but I must say that even now, early in the season, Crowell looks a decent bit better than West. I'm not sure why they stuck with the distribution levels that they did.

Sorry, I accidentally deleted another thread. I think I have my controls switched up. Or I am drinking too much this weekend. Maybe you have it saved, looks like you did a lot of work.

But anyway, we traditionally wear white at home games in September to for the the other team to wear dark colors in hot weather, then we switch to brown later in the season at home.

But all bets are off this year with the nine combinations.

Zombo

Again... O-line Grades for reference: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30300&hl=week

Unit showed growth.

You also might enjoy the "Game Impressions" series: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30265&hl=week

Got around to reading your reports Tour. Good stuff. Funny now to read all the hand wringing about Schwartz. Also funny to see Mud say he favors skill picks in the first round.

What kinda technology setup are you using for your film review?

How do I find game impressions thread for game 4 so I can read it as I go?

Got around to reading your reports Tour. Good stuff. Funny now to read all the hand wringing about Schwartz. Also funny to see Mud say he favors skill picks in the first round.

Yep, the Schwartz worries go on and on....

Though you're taking the skill pick comment out of context, as it was a carry over from another thread ranting that we should have used our early pick(s) on OT(to replace schwartz), when I felt we had much greater needs AND that quality OL could be had in the second or third round.....and Bito was kind of my proof....

So, in context.....I was saying Bito in the second was smart(as some felt otherwise) and with us needing a QB, WR and CB so badly, that us picking an OT first would not have been the smart move(which many thought it was)......

Schwartz tends to renew handwringing every year by starting slow, but with the addition of Cam, he'd better not start too slowly this year.

What kinda technology setup are you using for your film review?

NFL Sunday ticket and a device called a D-V-R... plus pen and paper... ;)

The remote actually does a decent impression of a Coach's Clicker.

How do I find game impressions thread for game 4 so I can read it as I go?

Advance search keyword "Impressions" in titles only.

Archived