THE BROWNS BOARD

Intimidation and harrassment of Christian businesses and moral Americans by Obamao's gays and the left must stop

calfoxwc

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's lib bigotry at it's finest.

Most reasonable (as in, probably NOT liberals)... would figure that

fat people do not necessarily eat more than other folks.

Alot of it depends on WHAT they eat, sometimes, and other times, it's a

biological reaction for different reasons. Low metabolism, etc...

The distinction is not serving gay customers but being forced to be a participant in a gay wedding. Nobody is saying gay people should be denied flowers but to force someone to go to the gay wedding is the distinction... or a Christian photographer that does not want to participate in a gay marriage. Nobody is saying a gay person could be denied anything except things that would force a Christian to believe he is participating in something they believe is wrong.

You could make up all kinds of extreme hypothetical situations like Logic did but the fact is anyone in business is not out to turn away business unless they do have genuine religious beliefs.

The black owner of a bakery should have the right to refuse to make a cake with KKK on it and the Jewish baker should have the right to refuse to make a cake with a swastika and the Christian baker should have the right to refuse to make a cake with either sayings or symbols of gay marriage on that cake. It is a matter of conscience.

The distinction is not serving gay customers but being forced to be a participant in a gay wedding. Nobody is saying gay people should be denied flowers but to force someone to go to the gay wedding is the distinction... or a Christian photographer that does not want to participate in a gay marriage. Nobody is saying a gay person could be denied anything except things that would force a Christian to believe he is participating in something they believe is wrong.

You could make up all kinds of extreme hypothetical situations like Logic did but the fact is anyone in business is not out to turn away business unless they do have genuine religious beliefs.

The black owner of a bakery should have the right to refuse to make a cake with KKK on it and the Jewish baker should have the right to refuse to make a cake with a swastika and the Christian baker should have the right to refuse to make a cake with either sayings or symbols of gay marriage on that cake. It is a matter of conscience.

One, you just took the KKK to Black, and the Nazis to Jews, and compared them to the Gays for Christians.... think about that...

If you bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding, and then someone else picks it up and takes it there, what is the issue?

If a fat person comes to your buffet, and you are providing him the means to stuff his face, and you participating in his sin?

One, you just took the KKK to Black, and the Nazis to Jews, and compared them to the Gays for Christians.... think about that...

The point is a person should not be forced to do something against their conscience.

If you bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding, and then someone else picks it up and takes it there, what is the issue?

No issue with me at all just let the wedding party put the toppers on the cake.

If a fat person comes to your buffet, and you are providing him the means to stuff his face, and you participating in his sin?

Nope.

So a person can go to a Christian bakery, and get a cake for their gay wedding? You draw the line with putting two groom figurines on the top....

You are participating more in "the sin" of a gay wedding by putting plastic figurines on top of a cake than you are participating in "the sin" of gluttony by providing unhealthy food and a place to eat to a fat person? Really?

The point is a person should not be forced to do something against their conscience.

You realize how much that opens up the door, right? Not that the "religious beliefs" angle was lock tight to begin with, but this is even worse.

So a person can go to a Christian bakery, and get a cake for their gay wedding? You draw the line with putting two groom figurines on the top....

You are participating more in "the sin" of a gay wedding by putting plastic figurines on top of a cake than you are participating in "the sin" of gluttony by providing unhealthy food and a place to eat to a fat person? Really?

You realize how much that opens up the door, right? Not that the "religious beliefs" angle was lock tight to begin with, but this is even worse.

You act like a business owner wants to turn down business and nobody wants that. One person's cash spends as well as the next person so a business owner's conscience would have to be genuinely offended to turn down business.

No, going to the bakery to force the issue is being an asshole.

Refusing to condone gay "marriage" is honoring one's religious principles.

IOW's....all the gays had to do, was order a stupid cake, and one of them picks it up.

Then, they can freakin decorate it gay style and perverted as they want it to be.

but trying to force the Christian baker to do the latter is liberal gay perverted culture war assholish.

No, going to the bakery to force the issue is being an asshole.

Refusing to condone gay "marriage" is honoring one's religious principles.

IOW's....all the gays had to do, was order a stupid cake, and one of them picks it up.

Then, they can freakin decorate it gay style and perverted as they want it to be.

but trying to force the Christian baker to do the latter is liberal gay perverted culture war assholish.

So expecting to go to a place that makes wedding cakes, and expecting them to make a wedding cake is assholish? Perhaps "Christian" Bakers should start putting signs in their windows saying "No Gays Allowed" so someone doesn't mistake them for an average bakery.

No, going to a bakery and demanding a GAY "wedding" cake is assholish.

I SAID all they had to do, was simply order a regular cake, and fix it to suit them.

If they had wanted an abviously GAY cake, then the owners could simply explain that

they have a real problem with that, but they would be glad to make them a regular cake.

Were I the owner, that's what I would do. I wouldn't be condoning any kind of garbage, but still

treating people as people, like I did in business environments.

Otherwise, understanding that a LOT of Americans have a problem with the left's tyranny of forcing a redefinition of

marriage.... all the gay couple had to do, was to just buy a freakin cake. Not a GAY cake. Just a really beautiful cake.

But the asshole gay people did not. They deliberately forced the issue because in this environment, with activist courts

and judges here and there, and an asshole "president"... it's open season on raising hell on conservatives and Christians

and everybody else the gays want to intimidate and make quick $$$$$$$$$$$$ off of.

And then you have the mockery of the court system where a judge gives damages of $135,000 to the gay couple for not getting their cake without the gay couple even having to prove any damages. They just submitted a long list of ailments with no doctors verification and this judge awarded them,135,000 and went out of his way to put the Christian bakery out of business with the ridiculous judgment.

I learned today that the KKK to blacks and the Nazis to Jews are just like the gays to Christians

I also learned that you can refuse service to anyone if it goes against your conscience. You don't even need to hide behind your interpretation of your religion.

Also, even through gluttony is very clearly a sin in the bible, you can't turn away fat people from you buffet. Apparently that one doesn't count or something.

and finally, I learned that anyone trying to attack gays with religion as their base are grasping at straws. The country is changing, people are being less stupid on this particular topic, and they don't like it. Attempting to play the victim card, or all of a sudden hate the judicial system, is funny. Wrong Side Of History 2015. Hopefully we can look back at these people and laugh/be incredibly ashamed in a decade or so.

I learned today that the KKK to blacks and the Nazis to Jews are just like the gays to Christians

I also learned that you can refuse service to anyone if it goes against your conscience. You don't even need to hide behind your interpretation of your religion.

Also, even through gluttony is very clearly a sin in the bible, you can't turn away fat people from you buffet. Apparently that one doesn't count or something.

and finally, I learned that anyone trying to attack gays with religion as their base are grasping at straws. The country is changing, people are being less stupid on this particular topic, and they don't like it. Attempting to play the victim card, or all of a sudden hate the judicial system, is funny. Wrong Side Of History 2015. Hopefully we can look back at these people and laugh/be incredibly ashamed in a decade or so.

Who is attacking gays with religion? Not wanting to condone gay marriage is hardly attacking anyone. No the attacks have come from the militant gay left. Go ahead if you like and defend a Nazi like judge who puts a gag order on a Christian couple and fines them 135,000 for not wanting to make a gay wedding cake. If you think judges like that have any place in the judicial system your thinking is warped.

Who is attacking gays with religion? Not wanting to condone gay marriage is hardly attacking anyone. No the attacks have come from the militant gay left. Go ahead if you like and defend a Nazi like judge who puts a gag order on a Christian couple and fines them 135,000 for not wanting to make a gay wedding cake. If you think judges like that have any place in the judicial system your thinking is warped.

Some quick googling makes it seem like the bakery also published their personal info in a complaint on the owner's facebook. This lead to death threats and the possibility of their foster children being taken away. If true, then the total settlement seems pretty plausible. Not to mention the bakery violated Oregons anti discrimination law.

Either way, give it ten years. Blacks getting equal rights, women voting, etc, and now this. I think anyone with a brain realizes that.

Some quick googling makes it seem like the bakery also published their personal info in a complaint on the owner's facebook. This lead to death threats and the possibility of their foster children being taken away. If true, then the total settlement seems pretty plausible. Not to mention the bakery violated Oregons anti discrimination law.

Either way, give it ten years. Blacks getting equal rights, women voting, etc, and now this. I think anyone with a brain realizes that.

This is what I read (with some quick googling) about the gag order that *judge* gave to the Christian couple:

The cease and desist (gag order) came about after Aaron and Melissa Klein participated in an interview with Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins. During the interview, Aaron said among other things, “This fight is not over. We will continue to stand strong.”

Lawyers for plaintiffs, Rachel and Laurel Bowman-Cryer, argued that in making this statement, the Kleins violated an Oregon law banning people from acting on behalf of a place of public accommodation (in this case, the place would be the Kleins’ former bakery) to communicate anything to the effect that the place of public accommodation would discriminate.

The Kleins’ lawyer, Anna Harmon, was shocked by the provision.

“Brad Avakian (*judge*) has been outspoken throughout this case about his intent to ‘rehabilitate’ those whose beliefs do not conform to the state’s ideas,” she told The Daily Signal. “Now he has ruled that the Kleins’ simple statement of personal resolve to be true to their faith is unlawful. This is a brazen attack on every American’s right to freely speak and imposes government orthodoxy on those who do not agree with government sanctioned ideas.”

Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow at The Heritage Foundation, called the order “outrageous” and said citizens of Oregon should be “ashamed.”

“This order is an outrageous abuse of the rights of the Kleins to freely practice their religion under the First Amendment,” he said.

It is exactly this kind of oppressive persecution by government officials that led the pilgrims to America. And Commissioner Avakian’s order that the Kleins stop speaking about this case is even more outrageous—and also a fundamental violation of their right to free speech under the First Amendment.

Avakian would have fit right in as a bureaucrat in the Soviet Union or Red China. Oregon should be ashamed that such an unprincipled, scurrilous individual is a government official in the state.

No, going to a bakery and demanding a GAY "wedding" cake is assholish.

I SAID all they had to do, was simply order a regular cake, and fix it to suit them.

So how much do they have to fix? Change the Icing? Add different toppers(the bride\groom things on top)? Maybe they should have baked it themselves? I mean this is what they do for all customers right? No need to discriminate against someone....

Maybe they could have just bought a purple cake, and added their own gay perverted crap on their own.

That's all. The left talks about tolerance...until they get the power to be very intolerant.

But the left is making it a lottery winning, and a culture war battle victory, by pushing the confrontation into

exactly what obamao, his gov, and a lot of activist, who cares about the Constitution judges.

The bakers need to get a different venue to get a fair hearing on appeal.

Obamao already went after religious orgs with the attempted forcing of actions in providing insurance about

contrary stuff to religion........ you bet it's culture war. That judge is a lowlife, activist dirtbag.

I imagine he's even gay, and shouldn't have ruled...recused himself.

But that would take principle, and liberals don't respect principles.

Oh god really? The pilgrims? First the comparison to the KKK and Nazis, and now you're the pilgrims? Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

What am I saying, of course you don't...

The world according to Woody but don't worry in 10 years time things are going to be much better. Woody hath declared it. Never mind about every indicator shows our country in decline.

That "old book" the bible does declare what things would be like in the end times and it was not the world was going to be in good shape but much like you see what is going on today with *enlightened* people just discovering a sexual behavior is now a civil right (although many black people disagree strongly that homosexuality is a civil right) and I think black people would know a civil right when they saw one.

The world according to Woody but don't worry in 10 years time things are going to be much better. Woody hath declared it. Never mind about every indicator shows our country in decline.

Better in the aspect of gay civil rights? Yeah. Go look at some opinion polls on the subject. See the groups against gay marriage and the like, they're old. Those for it? Young. Guess which group lives longer. It is a change that is going to happen, there is evidence to support it. Like every other social policy change.

Religion is also losing its relevance by this same measure.

Will we be better? I'm sure white males had a great time in the 50s. Everyone else? Probably got a little better...

Better in the aspect of gay civil rights? Yeah. Go look at some opinion polls on the subject. See the groups against gay marriage and the like, they're old. Those for it? Young. Guess which group lives longer. It is a change that is going to happen, there is evidence to support it. Like every other social policy change.

Religion is also losing its relevance by this same measure.

Will we be better? I'm sure white males had a great time in the 50s. Everyone else? Probably got a little better...

People may change and society and morals but "It is written" in that old book never changes and that is why this issue will never go away. People have been declaring God is dead for a long time now but pesky as God is He just doesn't go away. Every argument you make only makes the words of the old book even more true because the bible says there would be a great falling away right before the Lord's return, it does not say there will be some world wide revival going on and it has never been about the numbers with God all through the bible it is always about a remnant who stay faithful.

Woody....

"sigh".

There are NO gay civil rights. There are CIVIL RIGHTS. For ALL AMERICANS.

One of those rights is the freedom of religion. And not being discrimated against because

of the color of their skin or gender.

But perverted behavior people do not have any kind of different civil right to force other people

to accept their perverted behavior, and force them to lose their freedom of religion.

That is has become popular with the left isn't a surprise.

And spare me the example of "well, I can create a new 'religion', and call it wakkeebooboo,

and it will allow me to kill illegal mexicans".

No legit, Constitution-observing court would accept that as legit. There is no historical

precedence for after the fact, new ways to intentionally circumvent law because of a

manufactured farce.

But American society knows balance. And the uproar across this country, and the bitter divisiveness

is indicative of that. Your bigoted claims rank right up there will the KKK predicting that all black folks

will get the idea and leave the United States.

Science can be said to be losing it's relevance. More and more people are seeing the threat of certain aspects of science

that is harmful, and a threat to our well being.

Too many people only see one side of double-bladed swords that can cut both ways.

People may change and society and morals but "It is written" in that old book never changes and that is why this issue will never go away. People have been declaring God is dead for a long time now but pesky as God is He just doesn't go away. Every argument you make only makes the words of the old book even more true because the bible says there would be a great falling away right before the Lord's return, it does not say there will be some world wide revival going on and it has never been about the numbers with God all through the bible it is always about a remnant who stay faithful.

It doesn't matter if the Bible doesn't change (which is pretty funny to think it hasn't ever changed), if the influence of the Bible is fading. Today vs 100 years ago vs 200 years ago, are we really going to act like the bible (or hopefully just religion in general), is just as prevalent?

and the people that wrote the bible weren't stupid. If I was going to write a book to try to influence the masses, I would definitely add a part in there about when less people believed in the book, how they're wrong, etc.

Woody....

"sigh".

There are NO gay civil rights. There are CIVIL RIGHTS. For ALL AMERICANS.

One of those rights is the freedom of religion. And not being discrimated against because

of the color of their skin or gender.

But perverted behavior people do not have any kind of different civil right to force other people

to accept their perverted behavior, and force them to lose their freedom of religion.

That is has become popular with the left isn't a surprise.

And spare me the example of "well, I can create a new 'religion', and call it wakkeebooboo,

and it will allow me to kill illegal mexicans".

No legit, Constitution-observing court would accept that as legit. There is no historical

precedence for after the fact, new ways to intentionally circumvent law because of a

manufactured farce.

But American society knows balance. And the uproar across this country, and the bitter divisiveness

is indicative of that. Your bigoted claims rank right up there will the KKK predicting that all black folks

will get the idea and leave the United States.

Science can be said to be losing it's relevance. More and more people are seeing the threat of certain aspects of science

that is harmful, and a threat to our well being.

Too many people only see one side of double-bladed swords that can cut both ways.

One thing I was thinking over the weekend, what sort of absurd ways could I use current religion to deny someone of some sort of product\service, that I could claim it was against my religion. It turns out quite a few things and it was easy to come up with a small list:

1. Doctors could refuse to deliver a baby b\c the mother is unmarried and having sex out of wedlock is a sin

2. Muslim\Jewish doctors could refuse to treat swine flu, since its a sin to eat pork(or any disease connect to pigs)

3. Hindu doctors could refuse to treat anything related to cows

4. Taxi drivers could tell you they won't take\pick up to\from a strip club.

5. Drug store employes could refuse to sell condoms or other contraception

6. Anybody could refuse service to a doctor that works at planned parent facility

7. Anybody could refuse service to anyone who works in an industry that supports beauty

8. Vendors could refuse to sell jerseys or bobble head dolls, since that could be consider idol worship

9. All business should be closed on Sunday(or saturday if jewish)

10. Divorced people could be refused service anywhere.

Well, sad, most of those are to the point but not all. Taxi drivers don't have to pick you up or take you to any place they don't want to as it is. Drugstore employees don't have the right to demand their employers do anything but if the owner decided not to carry contraceptives I think he'd be fine.

And it would be more like the government forcing a Jewish or Christian business to stay open on Sunday. They don't have to as it is but...

Also there were certain religions exempt from the military draft remember? And you can't say cock sucker on the radio.

And we give special perks to Negros women Hispanics an American Indians right? I mean if the aim is to be 100% egalitarian.

WSS

Archived