THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns jerseys are selling like hotcakes

Mudfly

Just read this article that says Joe Haden is now the #1 selling jersey in the entire league.....and looks like Whitner(#10) and Thomas(#14) are way up there too.....

bravo to all the folks who are seeing the improvement and backing up the team!!!!....

Here's the article....

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Joe-Haden-the-top-selling-jersey-at-Dicks-Sporting-Goods/fac5a745-33de-479f-979a-87c653588c2b

And here is an interactive ranking page....

http://www.dsg.com/jerseyreport/football/charts/rankings/player/overall/season

Im sure the new uni design has a LOT to do with our recent boost.....but, if we still sucked, I dont think we'd be #1.....

http://fansided.com/2014/11/11/cleveland-browns-jerseys-on-fire/

as of yesterday...Joe Haden is #1. Another Browns jersey ranks high...

guess who?

It isn't Joe Thomas, who, when I do get a jersey, his is the first one I want.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/29495142/browns-joe-haden-leads-top-selling-jersey-since-draft

That last article is old as it talks about Brian Hoyer jersey sales being strong....not so much now. I was trying to get info on how much in sales each NFL team made for the Redskins thread. Do you have any dope on that?

Nope.....not other than the Dicks link provided.....they have Washington at 21 as a team....

as of yesterday...Joe Haden is #1. Another Browns jersey ranks high...

guess who?

HA!....then they better watch out for my spoiler in the opening post.....;)

people if you want to buy jerseys you might want to think about buying from this site, the browns board. i had a one on one with the person who pays the bills here and is close to pulling the plug due to lack of support.

people if you want to buy jerseys you might want to think about buying from this site, the browns board. i had a one on one with the person who pays the bills here and is close to pulling the plug due to lack of support.

Stan hasn't been on in a long time. If I buy one, I will definitely buy from the Browns Board.

Me too. Actually, I need one that has about ten of my favorite players' names and numbers on it,

so I only have to buy one of em....

I would only buy a throwback jersey with a known commodity name on it, you know, like #32.

Do we have those?

Thanks for posting that Miktoxic and I will make sure if I get a jersey it will be from the Browns board.

I have my Joe Thomas jersey which I've had for years, my new Joe Haden jersey, and from now on, I'll buy here. Next up....Danny Shelton in orange as soon as it comes available. I'll be watching.

Mike

That last article is old as it talks about Brian Hoyer jersey sales being strong....not so much now.

Are you kidding? Have you seen those clearance prices?

bravo to all the folks who are seeing the improvement and backing up the team!!!!....

... or alternately to all the folks who had to have the new-look jerseys...

I would only buy a throwback jersey with a known commodity name on it, you know, like #32.

Do we have those?

They are available, but as you should know the "true" throwbacks have no name on them.

Buying jerseys is great and all, but if we need to chip in to keep this place going, then we need to know that... and how (and how much) to contribute.

Buying jerseys is great and all, but if we need to chip in to keep this place going, then we need to know that... and how (and how much) to contribute.

I agree. I would hate to see us lose the Browns board because of financial reasons. A lot of great football knowledge gets shared on this forum as well as being entertaining.

I participate in a drummers forum that does an annual fund raiser for one week only.....they simply send out a single mass email and pin one post(for a week) asking or donations...and they include a Paypal link to make it easy......then, when the week has passed, they drop it for a year....no pressure, no requirement to donate......and it works.....

Another thing they do is give a gold/silver/bronze bar for certain levels of donation. Im not sure thats the best idea, but do know that it encourages "some" to donate and others to donate more. The problem with that is that some wear it as some kind of special badge that they've earned and feel they have more ownership than the non donors....which probably isnt good for the site overall...

None the less....if the owner of this site opted for a donation drive.....Id be game and would pitch in for sure......

I participate in a drummers forum that does an annual fund raiser for one week only.....they simply send out a single mass email and pin one post(for a week) asking or donations...and they include a Paypal link to make it easy......then, when the week has passed, they drop it for a year....no pressure, no requirement to donate......and it works.....

Another thing they do is give a gold/silver/bronze bar for certain levels of donation. Im not sure thats the best idea, but do know that it encourages "some" to donate and others to donate more. The problem with that is that some wear it as some kind of special badge that they've earned and feel they have more ownership than the non donors....which probably isnt good for the site overall...

None the less....if the owner of this site opted for a donation drive.....Id be game and would pitch in for sure......

Good idea with a few thoughts....

1) Please give us some idea of the amount needed.

2) I like the PayPal suggestion.

3) I DO NOT like the acknowledgement for "levels of donation". It's not the size of the donation one is able to give that makes them more or less valuable to the Board. Besides, if anyone gives for the sake of personal recognition, they're giving for the wrong reason.

That being said, I'm all for the idea Mudfly posted. Giving back to the Browns Board only seems right.

Mike

I'm looking for a new jersey too, especially since the redesign. No idea who to get though. Getting the same jersey everyone else gets (Haden) would be lame. Busta would have been my top choice...

No Michigan men on the roster whose shirt you could wear?

I want special badges :)

You don't need no stinking badges!!!!

Just give me some Browns gear to buy....

And the wife and I would like to buy Browns vs broncos

Tickets (2) anyone have some for sale or know the site

The Browns board gets a piece of the action! THANKS!

Warfield doesnt like the new unis.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns may have two players in the top 10 in NFL jersey sales thanks to new uniform designs, but at least one former player isn't a big fan of the team's new look.

In an interview with Sporting News, Paul Warfield, who caught 271 passes and scored 52 touchdowns in eight seasons with the Browns, calls himself "a vocal critic of them changing their uniforms. ... Do you see the Yankees changing their uniforms? Certain staples should never change."

Warfield, who was a member of the 1964 Browns, the last Cleveland team to win a championship, doesn't like the idea of a team rich in tradition changing its look. "The orange helmet, the markings on the sleeves, the white jerseys at home — that's the Cleveland Browns, just like the pinstripes are the New York Yankees."

Why compare the Browns, though, with the Yankees? The Yankees have experienced some relatively recent success while the Browns haven't even won a playoff game since 1995.

Said Warfield:

"The Browns were dominant. The Browns were championship caliber,'' he said. "What stood out for me, watching them as I grew up (in northeast Ohio), was how they compared to the New York Yankees.

"The Yankees might have had tough years for a while. They might have been tempted to make a change in their uniforms, make them modern. But they were the pinstripes, and they kept being the pinstripes, and they're never going to change from the pinstripes."

My Braylon jersey is pretty worn out

but everyone is going to want the Jake Butt jersey next year, ;)

Yeah butt...

If you're exclusive to guys from your favorite college team, Leroy Hoard and Steve Everitt left here with us remembering their stamps on our physical running game in our 11-5 season back in the early 90s. That was also the last time this franchise won a playoff game. Too bad Thom Darden was even less recent because he was a damn good Safety here.

Yeah butt...

If you're exclusive to guys from your favorite college team, Leroy Hoard and Steve Everitt left here with us remembering their stamps on our physical running game in our 11-5 season back in the early 90s. That was also the last time this franchise won a playoff game. Too bad Thom Darden was even less recent because he was a damn good Safety here.

I was thinking of current roster....no Michiganders on the roster.

Yeah butt...

No, I won't only get Michigan players' jerseys. I am just not sure who to get from the current team.

No, I won't only get Michigan players' jerseys. I am just not sure who to get from the current team.

For what it's worth, Cleveland fans grew really fond of Elvis Grbac when he was wearing a Baltimore jersey. He gave us lot more gifts than Santa Claus. I started calling him Elvis Kringle and played "Here Comes Santa Claus" every time Baltimore's offense took the field.

You post some good stuff about the Browns; and you're a pretty good sport about the Ohio State-Michigan thing considering how outnumbered you are in here. I like that you don't back down even though I hate the school up North. If Jim Harbaugh can make Stanford relevant, he's definitely going to start putting nutsacks back in jock straps up there.

In any event, the way Farmer and Pettine are wiring this team up for success - buying only 1 guy's jersey becomes as outdated as a black and white tv IMO. The WRs, TEs, RBs, D-line, Corners, and LBers will have rotations in cohesion with various downs and distances throughout the game. Therefore, there are no Paul Warfields, Jim Browns, Ozzie Newsomes, Clay Matthews, or Jerry Sherks facing every situation. Joe Thomas does but for some reason offensive linemen jerseys don't sell as well as other positions. Then, you have goofballs like me that worry if I buy his jersey - his streak of starting every game and 8 consecutive Pro Bowls comes to an abrupt halt. O-line is a chemistry thing anyway. All the years in between Steinbach and Bitonio at LG left our ability to run in between a Pro Bowl Center and a Pro Bowl LT very inconsistent at best. In addition, the zbs helped jumper cable up a nice reminder of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." I used to think that sum of its parts statement was just made by smart people to enjoy the puzzled looks they'd see back from dumb asses like me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the line looks like in it's second year of zbs and our 2 oline coaches returning as well as Mack returnign to Center. Everything else is just meatballs on spaghetti for our insatiable appetite of "RUN IT DOWN THEIR ESOPHAGUS!"

Archived