THE BROWNS BOARD

Chinese stock markets are imploding

I suspect that it won't impact too negatively in the US because the USD is essentially the reserve currency in China. The flight to safety will mean a strengthening of the USD, meaning that, because you're essentially a net importer, you won't see much of a downturn. Potentially the manufacturing industry will be impacted, but only by exports, and since that's not quite such a high driver of markets there, it won't be such a big impact.

I suspect that it won't impact too negatively in the US because the USD is essentially the reserve currency in China. The flight to safety will mean a strengthening of the USD, meaning that, because you're essentially a net importer, you won't see much of a downturn. Potentially the manufacturing industry will be impacted, but only by exports, and since that's not quite such a high driver of markets there, it won't be such a big impact.

So I should step back out of the window sill?

It is inevitable for the Chinese Bubble economy to burst. Not unlike the Japanese economy did. Wages are increasing rapidly as the Chinese get used to the cushy western life styles. I think there will definitely be BIG SERIOUS TROUBLE in the near future.

Fuck. Cant go through what happened in '08 again.

Wall Street was shut down today a couple of hours due to a computer glitch. I wonder if there really was a computer glitch.

You mean the one that also affected United Airlines and the Wall Street Journal. The one Homeland Security said there 'was no evidence of malicious intent'? Sure, we trust Homeland Security......

Yay Chris! I enjoyed reading your post for a change!

Archived