THE BROWNS BOARD

Memphis city council to dig up confederate general and his wife

I know right? I for one would love for my children to play in a park around the statue and burial place of the very first grand wiz of the ku klux klan. Did you know that? Yes indeed he was you incompetent muppet. Do some reading stupid.

I know right? I for one would love for my children to play in a park around the statue and burial place of the very first grand wiz of the ku klux klan. Did you know that? Yes indeed he was you incompetent muppet. Do some reading stupid.

You are a fucking embarrassment. "Let my children" play around the burial place of the first grand wiz?

FUCK YOUR CHILDREN. NOBODY and I mean NOBODY gives A FUCK about YOUR children. That's why they are YOUR CHILDREN.

How about instead of focusing on things like dead people cold in the ground we focus on the fact 48 people were shot (black on black) in Chicago over the weekend and these monkey savages that can't control themselves in fast food restaurants?

It isn't like he's just buried in a cemetery somewhere...he's in a park, where people take their families. And on top of that there's a statue over his burial site. This probably should have happened...oh....about 100 or so years ago you fucking disgrace of a human being.

Nathanial Bedford Forrest is an important general in civil war and American History and to allow butthurt liberals to disinter his remains is fucking shameful. Shameful. I don't give the first flying fuck if he was the founder of the KKK. Clevfan4life you are a pathetic human being if you think this is an O.K. thing to do.

Nathanial Bedford Forrest is an important general in civil war and American History and to allow butthurt liberals to disinter his remains is fucking shameful. Shameful. I don't give the first flying fuck if he was the founder of the KKK. Clevfan4life you are a pathetic human being if you think this is an O.K. thing to do.

I agree, I just can't wait till Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia puts up a statue for Osama Bin Laden, because of his work with the mujadeen and removal of the Soviet Union from Afghanistan.

I did not say anything about disrespecting his burial site even though he wouldn't afford that respect to some of the very people that go to that park. This guy was a "very" bad guy. I mean this should go without saying. I have no issue with moving him. Or at the very least getting rid of that statue. A man like that doesn't deserve a statue of him. I would think this goes without saying but I can see how far a lot of you have fallen. Your moral compasses just aren't around anymore.

It's been said that the civil war produced two authentic geniuses. One was Abraham Lincoln and the other was Nathan Bedford Forrest. It does make me sick to see some small time, black councilman succeed in disintering the resting place of one of the great generals of the American civil war so that other uneducated, ignorant blacks can cheer for five seconds before they forget and find some other reason to cry about. Do we not see that one of the most defining events in American History is being scrubbed away to make it more P.C.?

It's been said that the civil war produced two authentic geniuses. One was Abraham Lincoln and the other was Nathan Bedford Forrest. It does make me sick to see some small time, black councilman succeed in disintering the resting place of one of the great generals of the American civil war so that other uneducated, ignorant blacks can cheer for five seconds before they forget and find some other reason to cry about. Do we not see that one of the most defining events in American History is being scrubbed away to make it more P.C.?

Forrest over Grant, Lee, Jackson, Sherman...?

YOu guys kill me. I don't know where we went wrong.

You absolute phony.. Why all the outrage NOW about this? Why not a year ago? 2 years ago? 5 years ago? 10-20 years ago?

You're right though. We should be focusing our time and effort to dig up confederate leaders instead of focusing on the petty things like homelessness and the fact that every person we elect to public office is a lying corruptive scumbag that fucks their own citizens in the ass everyday

Forrest actually gave up on the Klan and tried to reconcile with black southerners at the end of his life. If anything, his life is a reminder that you can be a scumbag to your fellow man and turn things around to make it right. Removing him from his gravesite just proves how many people don't know their history anymore.

Do some goddamn research. I didn't make that up.

I am not saying you made it up, but that is a stupid claim. That there where only 2 genius, and leaving out people who actually had an effect not only on the actual war in the key areas(along the Mississippi and norther Virgina) but even changed warfare for decades to come.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I accept the flowers as a memento of reconciliation between the white and colored races of the southern states. I accept it more particularly as it comes from a colored lady, for if there is any one on God's earth who loves the ladies I believe it is myself. ( Immense applause and laughter.) This day is a day that is proud to me, having occupied the position that I did for the past twelve years, and been misunderstood by your race. This is the first opportunity I have had during that time to say that I am your friend. I am here a representative of the southern people, one more slandered and maligned than any man in the nation. I will say to you and to the colored race that men who bore arms and followed the flag of the Confederacy are, with very few exceptions, your friends. I have an opportunity of saying what I have always felt – that I am your friend, for my interests are your interests, and your interests are my interests. We were born on the same soil, breathe the same air, and live in the same land. Why, then, can we not live as brothers? I will say that when the war broke out I felt it my duty to stand by my people. When the time came I did the best I could, and I don't believe I flickered. I came here with the jeers of some white people, who think that I am doing wrong. I believe that I can exert some influence, and do much to assist the people in strengthening fraternal relations, and shall do all in my power to bring about peace. It has always been my motto to elevate every man- to depress none. (Applause.) I want to elevate you to take positions in law offices, in stores, on farms, and wherever you are capable of going. I have not said anything about politics today. I don't propose to say anything about politics. You have a right to elect whom you please; vote for the man you think best, and I think, when that is done, that you and I are freemen. Do as you consider right and honest in electing men for office. I did not come here to make you a long speech, although invited to do so by you. I am not much of a speaker, and my business prevented me from preparing myself. I came to meet you as friends, and welcome you to the white people. I want you to come nearer to us. When I can serve you I will do so. We have but one flag, one country; let us stand together. We may differ in color, but not in sentiment. Use your best judgement in selecting men for office and vote as you think right. Many things have been said about me which are wrong, and which white and black persons here, who stood by me through the war, can contradict. I have been in the heat of battle when colored men, asked me to protect them. I have placed myself between them and the bullets of my men, and told them they should be kept unharmed. Go to work, be industrious, live honestly and act truly, and when you are oppressed I'll come to your relief. I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for this opportunity you have afforded me to be with you, and to assure you that I am with you in heart and in hand."

That does not sound like someone who should be dug up to placate modern day dummies.

Archived