THE BROWNS BOARD

Memphis city council to dig up confederate general and his wife

read up about Bedford. It isn't just that he owned slaves, he was a trader. Even that could be forgiven and for most has....but first grand wiz of the KKK. YOu guys kill me. I don't know where we went wrong.

I guess they ought to dig up thomas Jefferson and turn Monticello into a Michael Brown memorial. Fuck off with your pc bullshit you clueless moron.

that does soften the stance. Without this though....not even a debate.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I accept the flowers as a memento of reconciliation between the white and colored races of the southern states. I accept it more particularly as it comes from a colored lady, for if there is any one on God's earth who loves the ladies I believe it is myself. ( Immense applause and laughter.) This day is a day that is proud to me, having occupied the position that I did for the past twelve years, and been misunderstood by your race. This is the first opportunity I have had during that time to say that I am your friend. I am here a representative of the southern people, one more slandered and maligned than any man in the nation. I will say to you and to the colored race that men who bore arms and followed the flag of the Confederacy are, with very few exceptions, your friends. I have an opportunity of saying what I have always felt – that I am your friend, for my interests are your interests, and your interests are my interests. We were born on the same soil, breathe the same air, and live in the same land. Why, then, can we not live as brothers? I will say that when the war broke out I felt it my duty to stand by my people. When the time came I did the best I could, and I don't believe I flickered. I came here with the jeers of some white people, who think that I am doing wrong. I believe that I can exert some influence, and do much to assist the people in strengthening fraternal relations, and shall do all in my power to bring about peace. It has always been my motto to elevate every man- to depress none. (Applause.) I want to elevate you to take positions in law offices, in stores, on farms, and wherever you are capable of going. I have not said anything about politics today. I don't propose to say anything about politics. You have a right to elect whom you please; vote for the man you think best, and I think, when that is done, that you and I are freemen. Do as you consider right and honest in electing men for office. I did not come here to make you a long speech, although invited to do so by you. I am not much of a speaker, and my business prevented me from preparing myself. I came to meet you as friends, and welcome you to the white people. I want you to come nearer to us. When I can serve you I will do so. We have but one flag, one country; let us stand together. We may differ in color, but not in sentiment. Use your best judgement in selecting men for office and vote as you think right. Many things have been said about me which are wrong, and which white and black persons here, who stood by me through the war, can contradict. I have been in the heat of battle when colored men, asked me to protect them. I have placed myself between them and the bullets of my men, and told them they should be kept unharmed. Go to work, be industrious, live honestly and act truly, and when you are oppressed I'll come to your relief. I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for this opportunity you have afforded me to be with you, and to assure you that I am with you in heart and in hand."

That does not sound like someone who should be dug up to placate modern day dummies.

YOu are a full blown Retard, just stop addressing me directly. I'm your intellectual superior in every conceivable measurable metric. I think it just dawned on me I've been conversing with a bonafide monkey that some lab has probably let use a laptop out of some experiment or something.

The only conclusion I can draw is the Clevfan4life is severely misinformed and slightly Retarded

YOu are a full blown Retard, just stop addressing me directly. I'm your intellectual superior in every conceivable measurable metric. I think it just dawned on me I've been conversing with a bonafide monkey that some lab has probably let use a laptop out of some experiment or something.

In all seriousness, what the fuck are you talking about?

You are a straight monkey. All joking aside. Your brain is primate. It's my only explanation..that's what i'm talking about.

Human beings are primates. idiot.Also where do you want your piece of shit kids to play? Near the cemetery where the guy that dropped the bomb on Hiroshima is buried?

WSS

I don't have children Walter..

You're not as dumb as your parents, I'll give you that.

Hand in your Browns gear .

And just because you're so righteous I'm sure that is exactly what you'll do should the Browns ever erect a statue of Jim Brown.

Jim Brown, the godfather of wife/girlfriend beating rapist athletes:

An 18-year-old accused Brown of forcing her to have sex after giving her whisky, but a jury found him innocent of assault and battery in the 10-day trial in 1965. He was accused of throwing his girlfriend from a balcony in 1968, but when the 22-year-old woman refused to name Brown as her assailant, the charge of assault with intent to murder was dropped. He was fined $300 for resisting a deputy.

Brown was acquitted of assaulting a man after a traffic accident in 1969. He was fined $500 and spent a day in jail after beating up a golfing partner in 1978. He was charged with rape, sexual battery and assault in 1985, but the charges were dropped when the 33-year-old woman gave inconsistent testimony.

The next year, he was arrested for allegedly beating his fiancée after accusing her of flirting. He spent three hours in jail, but three days later the 21-year-old woman said she didn't want to prosecute.

In October 1999, Brown was convicted in Los Angeles of smashing the window of his 25-year-old wife Monique's car, but was acquitted of making terrorist threats against her. The judge sentenced him to three years' probation, stripped him of his driver's license for a year, fined him $1,700 to be paid to a battered woman's shelter and a domestic abuse fund, and ordered him to attend special counseling for domestic batterers.

When Brown refused counseling, he was given a six-month sentence. He was released from jail in Ventura County (California) in July 2002 after serving less than four months.

You're not as dumb as your parents, I'll give you that.

And just because you're so righteous I'm sure that is exactly what you'll do should the Browns ever erect a statue of Jim Brown.

Jim Brown, the godfather of wife/girlfriend beating rapist athletes:

An 18-year-old accused Brown of forcing her to have sex after giving her whisky, but a jury found him innocent of assault and battery in the 10-day trial in 1965. He was accused of throwing his girlfriend from a balcony in 1968, but when the 22-year-old woman refused to name Brown as her assailant, the charge of assault with intent to murder was dropped. He was fined $300 for resisting a deputy.

Brown was acquitted of assaulting a man after a traffic accident in 1969. He was fined $500 and spent a day in jail after beating up a golfing partner in 1978. He was charged with rape, sexual battery and assault in 1985, but the charges were dropped when the 33-year-old woman gave inconsistent testimony.

The next year, he was arrested for allegedly beating his fiancée after accusing her of flirting. He spent three hours in jail, but three days later the 21-year-old woman said she didn't want to prosecute.

In October 1999, Brown was convicted in Los Angeles of smashing the window of his 25-year-old wife Monique's car, but was acquitted of making terrorist threats against her. The judge sentenced him to three years' probation, stripped him of his driver's license for a year, fined him $1,700 to be paid to a battered woman's shelter and a domestic abuse fund, and ordered him to attend special counseling for domestic batterers.

When Brown refused counseling, he was given a six-month sentence. He was released from jail in Ventura County (California) in July 2002 after serving less than four months.

probably why he doesn't have a statue already huh?

Jesus, there are statues of the motherfucker everywhere in this state. There are probably 20 government buildings with his name on it.

ive read some of his writngs from his Klan days. I honestly didn't know that much about him. Seeing that though, in his own words holy shit....they still keep his name around on govt buildings? Srsly?

probably why he doesn't have a statue already huh?

Lol nice cop out.

So Paul Brown must have had a shady past too huh?

http://www.cleveland.com/timstake/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_browns_legends_jim_b.html

So what would you do Cleve if that statue did go up?

Take charge Cleve, you need to organize another one of your "causes" before its too late.

Lol nice cop out.

So Paul Brown must have had a shady past too huh?

http://www.cleveland.com/timstake/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_browns_legends_jim_b.html

So what would you do Cleve if that statue did go up?

Take charge Cleve, you need to organize another one of your "causes" before its too late.

what cause would I be organizing if I just said i'm done associating myself with a certain organization?

ive read some of his writngs from his Klan days. I honestly didn't know that much about him. Seeing that though, in his own words holy shit....they still keep his name around on govt buildings? Srsly?

That's not a surprise.

You're not the first low information liberal to say "wow, I didn't even know!"

Funny how out of one side of your mouth you double standard freaks get Trent Lott fired for making some meaningless utterance, while lauding a former KKK member out of the other.

That's not a surprise.

You're not the first low information liberal to say "wow, I didn't even know!"

Funny how out of one side of your mouth you double standard freaks get Trent Lott fired for making some meaningless utterance, while lauding a former KKK member out of the other.

Calling me a liberal was your first mistake, I know hardly any of these people. Byrd was way way before my time. I know you were probably middle age in the 50's but I wasn't even born.

Archived