THE BROWNS BOARD

Redskins, Saints, Celtics Indians, etc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have no idea if they were here first. It could have been Mexicans.

what we know as "Mexicans" are a mix race of Spanish and indigenous people's. The indigenous south americans were part of the same migration you yourself mentioned earlier...they just went further south. How do you not know that?

You have no idea if they were here first. It could have been Mexicans.

Humans came to the americas via the old bering straight land- bridge, as we currently understand it. There's excellent fossil records documenting that. What you would consider mexicans would have to have come via modern america/canada to get to mexico, so they wouldn't have been the first americans.

what we know as "Mexicans" are a mix race of Spanish and indigenous people's. The indigenous south americans were part of the same migration you yourself mentioned earlier...they just went further south. How do you not know that?

They're similar to American Indians but not necessarily the same. Aleutians and Pacific islanders are also similar.

They're similar to American Indians but not necessarily the same. Aleutians and Pacific islanders are also similar.

I know they're not the same, I said as much in my post. Point is, the native americans as we know it...those who made that ancient crossing from what's now Siberia, they are the originals here.

Well since there wasn't anybody here before them, that we know of...than "THEY" are the fucking natives. Jesus titty fucking Christ this isn't AP calc.

Of course dearest moron, sense they aren't natives indigenous to this place then they aren't Native Americans and if they are then so am I.

WSS

I will call anyone what they want to be called but some of the PC stuff doesn't match what the people themselves prefer to be called. The last poll I saw on American Indians versus Native Americans showed the actual people involved preferred to be called American Indians by 50 percent to 37 percent who preferred Native American.

Of course dearest moron, sense they aren't natives indigenous to this place then they aren't Native Americans and if they are then so am I.

WSS

I would say the examples of you vs the first people to settle in North America aren't exactly the same.

But by you logic, only native Africans exist. And that would just be a small portion.

I would say the examples of you vs the first people to settle in North America aren't exactly the same.

But by you logic, only native Africans exist. And that would just be a small portion.

Actually more like your own logic, right? I mean you will bitch and cry if something isn't exactly to the letter, correct? Well whether you want to call them Africans, if you think that's true, or not they are not indigenous to the United States of America. Any more than I am. & I believe that my countrymen are as much Americans today as they are. I don't think there is a country in the world where the hunters gathers weren't overrun by other societies. That's the way evolution goes and you believe in evolution, right? Or do you think it's God's will that we should try and artificially sustained useless and outdated civilizations?

WSS

Actually more like your own logic, right? I mean you will bitch and cry if something isn't exactly to the letter, correct? Well whether you want to call them Africans, if you think that's true, or not they are not indigenous to the United States of America. Any more than I am. & I believe that my countrymen are as much Americans today as they are. I don't think there is a country in the world where the hunters gathers weren't overrun by other societies. That's the way evolution goes and you believe in evolution, right? Or do you think it's God's will that we should try and artificially sustained useless and outdated civilizations?

WSS

God damn. So much hostility in your post. What's wrong?

Idc, say no one is native to anywhere. Call them "We got here first" Americans. It doesn't matter to me and doesn't impact the overall Redskins name discussion.

I don't think they named the team Redskins to insult people.

And I also don't care if they keep the name, or get rid of it.

They were the 1st humans that we know of to inhabit this land. Ergo they are the "natives". You.....you are Scandinavian euro trash. lols

WSS

God damn. So much hostility in your post. What's wrong?

☆ bitch please, anyone with brain realizes you're just imitating one of

Heck's ploys but...☆

Idc, say no one is native to anywhere. Call them "We got here first" Americans. It doesn't matter to me and doesn't impact the overall Redskins name discussion.

It only matters if you just jump blindly to the defense of your girlfriend Cleve without actually knowing what the discussion was about.

WSS

It only matters if you just jump blindly to the defense of your girlfriend Cleve without actually knowing what the discussion was about.

WSS

Oh yeah, anyone holding any belief associated with the left is not allowed to agree with someone else. I love that one...

Don't flatter yourself. I just disagreed with you. I ignore a lot of what Clev says.

Either way, I had a pretty good idea what you were "discussing". Nothing earth shattering.

I would consider American Indians more native than you. Or consider no one native to anything, which I'd disagree with. Just say they got here first. Doesn't matter to the overall discussion.

http://ahmnorthcoast.com/Indian-Motorcycle-Demo

OK Boys time to update your picket signs!

WSS

They are also building an Indian dealership down in North Canton.

Oh the HORROR!!!!!!

Oh yeah, anyone holding any belief associated with the left is not allowed to agree with someone else. I love that one...

☆but it matters if you are joining forces in the same argument.☆

Don't flatter yourself. I just disagreed with you. I ignore a lot of what Clev says.

Either way, I had a pretty good idea what you were "discussing". Nothing earth shattering.

I would consider American Indians more native than you. Or consider no one native to anything, which I'd disagree with. Just say they got here first. Doesn't matter to the overall discussion.

I don't think it matters either nor is that material to the discussion as to whether we should try to sanitize the entire world to keep from offending a couple of them. I think we fucked up by setting aside reservations at a different set of laws for them. Every country you can imagine is inhabited by people over ran the hunters gatherers that inhabited it for them. Especially Ireland. I would assume my ancestors are of mixed Viking and Celtic descent.

Probably would have been in better shape today and we just said sorry chief we're taking over. Learn to speak English get a job and in a couple hundred years you, the Irish, the Germans Dutch British Asians etc etc etc will be Americans and looking on ancestry.com.

It's just that the rabid PC idiots are attention whores.

WSS

I don't disagree with all of that. We conquered them. We won. That was then though and this is now. If there are a group of people that are offended by the name, it shouldn't be used. I have no doubt there are actual social justice warriors going on about how awful it is. Some have their hearts in the right place. Some are attention whores. There are plenty of names for people and groups we used to not think were offensive (or we did but didn't care). We changed our vocabulary. We survived. I see this as no different.

The Washington Warriors even has the alliteration ready to go lol

I don't disagree with all of that. We conquered them. We won. That was then though and this is now. If there are a group of people that are offended by the name, it shouldn't be used. I have no doubt there are actual social justice warriors going on about how awful it is. Some have their hearts in the right place. Some are attention whores. There are plenty of names for people and groups we used to not think were offensive (or we did but didn't care). We changed our vocabulary. We survived. I see this as no different.

The Washington Warriors even has the alliteration ready to go lol

War?

Seriously? War is cool in your opinion? The same war that inevitably contains hundreds of thousands of rapes murders torture destruction on and on and on? That's not a problem with you? That's not something that should horrify every civilized human being?

Now you're officially talking out your ass.

WSS

But especially the Washington Redskins because they are in the news now. With no insult intended to anyone please think about this question and answer it. Does anyone on either side of this issue believe that the name Redskins was selected for a professional football team in order to insult or denigrate a rase of people or do you find it more likely the that name symbolizes the fierce and noble warriors that they want their football team to emulate?

That's all you need to do.

WSS

No they didn't. "Intent" is not the issue.

Your way of thinking is very easy when its not your race or ethnicity being insulted.

There was a baseball team called the Atlanta Crackers. I wonder what "PC" group put a stop to that ? How long would the Pittsburg Palefaces last ?

War?

Seriously? War is cool in your opinion? The same war that inevitably contains hundreds of thousands of rapes murders torture destruction on and on and on? That's not a problem with you? That's not something that should horrify every civilized human being?

Now you're officially talking out your ass.

WSS

Ha ha ha...

Archived