THE BROWNS BOARD

Military to allow Transgenders to openly serve

Let's try it like this:

Cysko, is the military entrance psych exam designed to not admit those with mental conditions. Depression, bipolar, etc? Mental conditions that can have a detrimental impact on their ability to serve. Do you feel the exam would weed out these people? (or that it should if the exam was perfect).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, one, if the exam is very flawed that opens up a whole other world of issues.

But mainly, you're saying a mentally unstable person would get weeded out in basic, correct? Whether it be by the test or basic, your saying most "psyches" wouldn't make it to the front lines?

What is your point? I don't even want them in basic. Who's dorm are they in? You realize they still take communal showers in basic right? And have no doors on the toilet stalls.

Navy/Army/Marine Corps they just have shitters next to each other. People standing in line in front of you while you take a dump.

What is your point? I don't even want them in basic. Who's dorm are they in? You realize they still take communal showers in basic right? And have no doors on the toilet stalls.

My point is to defeat all of the points you were making earlier. "They're unstable and can't be trusted on the front lines" "I don't want them in my foxhole" etc.

All of this is completely irrelevant to the decision of letting transgenders apply. This is because, according to your own words, anyone that is legitimately mentally unstable wouldn't make it that far.

That's the beauty here. Theres no need to even debate you on how mentally unstable you think they are. You made my point for me.

A more valid point is that people can genuinely not be comfortable around transgender people, and particularly in sharing a dorm room or showers. There is some degree of trepidation there and it would need to be handled delicately, but I don't see it as impossible.

My point is to defeat all of the points you were making earlier. "They're unstable and can't be trusted on the front lines" "I don't want them in my foxhole" etc.

All of this is completely irrelevant to the decision of letting transgenders apply. This is because, according to your own words, anyone that is legitimately mentally unstable wouldn't make it that far.

That's the beauty here. Theres no need to even debate you on how mentally unstable you think they are. You made my point for me.

You didn't have a point that you clearly defined. Legacy is the only other military guy that's a regular here that hasn't weighed in but so far everyone who has served hasn't wanted them there at all. That's my point. If by chance they made it and were prancing around their TDY in drag how do you think that would go over? I think having a couple of drag queens embedded in your squad in iraq would put you in even more danger of being attacked.

And why would "prancing drag queens" want to serve in the military in the first place?

The nightmare scenarios you keep describing are unrealistic for a number of reasons. That's the point I'm trying to make. And again, this whole argument probably very closely mirrors the debates had when other groups joined the armed forces

well, Chris, if you were in the service, you'd have a pretty good idea.

In tech school, I once had a roommate that became a pothead to fit in with

some guys he knew from hs.

I told him I was no judge, but he had to get out and find another room fast, because I was not

going to have him throw stuff under my bed in a surprise inspection.

He did, no problems. And the nonsense about tests drumming out mental instability? come on, a lot

of intelligent but really screwed up people lived to be old enough to try to enlist, and give right answers

on tests.

In hs, they had some guys who got a special ed classification because they learned how

to answer questions to look like they had learning disabiities. Why? So they could collect ss

when they graduated. Not all psychologists in school can avoid being fooled.

Remember, Obamao had a pedophile, avowed communist mentor he grew around in Hawaii.

It's part of the culture war.

So why is it important for them to serve openly? I'm sure there are cross dressers serving. In the closet where they don't bother or openly endanger anyone, including themselves. If the uniform of the day is dress blues (or whatever for whatever branch) and you see mitch standing there in a woman's uniform it's gonna ruffle a lot of feathers. Period. The military isnt UCLA berkely. It's not a liberal arts college. It's the fucking military.

Imagine, btw, how many times a gay or tranny would be ordered

to go find another roommate in the service, per my example.

Imagine being in a foxhole, and two gay guys tell you to jump out

and attack the hill.

I don't think so. The whole idea is just sick.

Serving openly is part of the left's culture war. Sure, there were surely gays in the military where I was.

But ya never knew, it didn't matter because you didn't.

Now, openly being gay? That really creates discord... and/or, in the least, uncomfortable disarray between the

soldiers who all became soldiers as a unit....

How are TI's supposed to make a cohesive, disciplined unit out of discord and alienation between most troops, and few openly serving perverts?

A more valid point is that people can genuinely not be comfortable around transgender people, and particularly in sharing a dorm room or showers. There is some degree of trepidation there and it would need to be handled delicately, but I don't see it as impossible.

Which is a fair point. There were no doubt similar concerns with gays, women and blacks too. This obviously isn't a situation you can plop them in and wipe your hands clean of.

I'm just trying to argue against the point that they should not be allowed to serve at all.

So why is it important for them to serve openly? I'm sure there are cross dressers serving. In the closet where they don't bother or openly endanger anyone, including themselves. If the uniform of the day is dress blues (or whatever for whatever branch) and you see mitch standing there in a woman's uniform it's gonna ruffle a lot of feathers. Period. The military isnt UCLA berkely. It's not a liberal arts college. It's the fucking military.

I don't believe I ever said it was a liberal arts college, nor was I trying to make it one.

A uniform is a uniform. Theres a dress code. I don't see anything wrong requiring Mitch to not wear a dress.

At the same time, I don't think you can simplify the transgender community down to guys that think they're women and wear dresses.

If you're an open Transgender "woman" its only a matter of time before the civil rights suit hits because the oppressors are making you wear a man's uniform.

Transgender men can't compete against women in the Olympics either. Most people see how that reasonable. If you let them know there is a uniform and dress code coming in, I think it would be fine. It will all be understood going in. What issues might happen down the road shouldn't prevent them from serving now. I'd imagine a lot would have no issues.

Again, if you're a dude that prances around and wears dresses, I'm not expecting you to be dying to sign up for the army.

Have we at least moved past your "mentally unstable" argument? Can we put that to the side as irrelevant?

Also, (since I honestly have no idea) which branches of the military have the women wear dresses as their uniforms? Is this desk job stuff?

And no we cannot put the mental instability of Transgender people to rest because it continues to be a mental instability.

You already said it yourself. Either they'd fail the test or they'd get weeded out in basic.

If you don't have faith in the system for it to do this, then we have much bigger issues than some individuals with identity issues...

By the way, I forget who that was with the ridiculous gotcha about can a lion serve...

Why not?

I doubt there's anything on the enlistment papers did ask your species. There is, I assume, something that asks for your gender.

WSS

I'm not sure if there's any part of this post that deserves a response...

Archived