THE BROWNS BOARD

Daniel Defense 7.62 coming out soon - I want one

Re: AK accuracy / reliability trade-off:

Dinner plate groups at 300 hundred meters are just fine when you're throwing .30 cal rounds down range in the thousands and you can bury the damn gun in a marsh and pull it out & still keep thumping.

Cal- hogs are mean as hell. Cysko said yall can't hunt with 5.56. I'd look at the 30 cal range (.308, 7.62x39, & 300 blackout). The latter suppressed is a fucking amazing hog/home defense rifle.

I've hunted hogs with both 30 cal and 5.56. I've dropped some 150 lb pigs with 5.56 but I'm a pretty decent shot (/shamelessBragging).

1st choice I'm taking a 30 cal variant "just to be safe"

Thanks ! I've read where if you shoot them in the head, the bullets bounce off.

That's mean. Ah well. Never hunted out of ohio anyways.

But I would really like a 5.56. Big enough to be fun, ...we only have 28 acres,

with houses here and there.

I hope we never have wild boars in N. Ohio. That would be bad. I do believe

they have been found in SW ohio...

I'm thinking of buying a rock island mk 47 .22 just to plink shit with. Anyone ever play with one?

I'm glad you brought this up.. I had forgotten about this pc. I'm about to trade in a small .22 cal 7 shot for a .38 special for CC purposes when I'm doing vaults at one of my businesses. I have a ton of .22 ammo and this is a low cost option for burning it off and a fun small caliber pc.

Wild hogs have pretty much over run inland Florida. Go for a walk out in the Cypress & Palmettos and I'll guarantee you'll have to shoot two things, maybe multiple times.. A Hog and a rattlesnake.

I've killed so many rattlesnakes on my properties over the yrs it isn't funny.. Hitting one of those bastards with a pistol, now there's a challenge ;)

Archived