THE BROWNS BOARD

Something to Consider Part Deux

Axe

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33531811

_84277310_plutojuly14.jpg

A deep bow and tip o the cap to NASA.. New Horizons was launched 9 yrs ago with the intentions and hopes of hitting a 60 X 90 mile window 3+ billion miles away and did so this morning despite the Obama administration's best efforts to fuck this up too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Horizons

A decade just to make it to the edge of our tiny little (in space terms) solar system. Unless we get or have some super secret Alien technology, we are pretty limited as to what we will ever accomplish.

If 100 years you had suggested we'd be flying a probe to (and beyond) pluto, taking hi-res pictures and then sending such vast amounts of data back, people would have thought you were crazy. Of course, that may be because pluto was only discovered 85 years ago. Either way, don't discount what's possible tomorrow because we don't know how to do it today.

That being said, the energy required to achieve interstellar travel is vast and we would need some FTL travel if we're ever to achieve it outside of a generation ship or some hibernation ship. I hope someone (or a team of someones) can figure that out eventually, because it would be massive. Not likely in my lifetime though.

If 100 years you had suggested we'd be flying a probe to (and beyond) pluto, taking hi-res pictures and then sending such vast amounts of data back, people would have thought you were crazy. Of course, that may be because pluto was only discovered 85 years ago. Either way, don't discount what's possible tomorrow because we don't know how to do it today.

That being said, the energy required to achieve interstellar travel is vast and we would need some FTL travel if we're ever to achieve it outside of a generation ship or some hibernation ship. I hope someone (or a team of someones) can figure that out eventually, because it would be massive. Not likely in my lifetime though.

Mass relays

Yep. Obamao and the left need every single penny to buy votes and support

the huge dependent, free loading, locked in dem voters.

Your statement made absolutely no sense though. The thing was already hurtling through space two years before Obama was elected. Help me to understand where you're coming from.

It was a simple joke. The Obama administration has fucked up everything else it's inherited, I'm surprised his administration didn't find a way to muck this up too

Yeah, I'm a little in the dark on this one too - how was Obama involved exactly?

He was caught trying to unplug the thing at NASA.

:wacko:

If it was launched 9 years ago how is the Obama administration which has only been in power 7 years able to fuck it up? Does Barack Obama get to set it's coordinates?

because Valerie Jarret was using her vulcan mind controller on GWB. Why do we even have to tell you this? Sheesh!

Archived