THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio Charter Schools & Shenanigans

Bob806

The dirt is on the governor?

He has been FOR reform. Everybody sees it.

"Kasich, a longtime campaign beneficiary and proponent of charter schools, advocated for charter school reform in his State of the State address and again in his version of the state budget.

The House adopted many of Kasich’s proposals, adding a few reforms that would crack down on the private, for-profit companies that spend public tax dollars with little public scrutiny and poor academic results.

Even before Kasich or the House talked tough on charter schools, state Sen. Peggy Lehner had championed a group of politicians, researchers and charter school insiders to study and develop accountability standards that have been lacking in Ohio. found charter schools misspend tax dollars four times more often than all other publicly funded agencies in the state.

Lehner, a Republican, strengthened the reform agenda by proposing more reporting and transparency rules for the private companies that run most charter schools in Ohio."

This "dirt" is not related to the Governor. Will you stop being a union political drive-by hack?

The House republicans delayed during the summer, til after school starts.

I have no idea if that is a good idea, since putting changes into place in the

summer, and having teachers and administrators come back and start working at the school

again AFTER SUMMER IS OVER...

how the hell would they apply the changes over the summer?

Seems everybody knows there must be reforms.

How do you know the delay wasn't according to common sense?

And how does "dirt" apply to the governor? So far, Union Bob, you've slurred Reagan, wouldn't explain why,

slurred Walker because he made some unions honked off that they lost the power to extort the state

into submissiveness, and now you are slurring Kasich, ..

what, you think Kasich is the House in Ohio? You think he's not for charter school reform?

Union innuendo, no explanations, or vague tippietoe hoping to marginalize anybody who doesn't kiss

union butt?

This "dirt" is not related to the Governor. Will you stop being a union political drive-by hack?

Just pasting links like others do. Or is this political discussion area not open?

The House republicans delayed during the summer, til after school starts.

I have no idea if that is a good idea, since putting changes into place in the

summer, and having teachers and administrators come back and start working at the school

again AFTER SUMMER IS OVER...

how the hell would they apply the changes over the summer?

Seems everybody knows there must be reforms.

How do you know the delay wasn't according to common sense?

And how does "dirt" apply to the governor? So far, Union Bob, you've slurred Reagan, wouldn't explain why,

slurred Walker because he made some unions honked off that they lost the power to extort the state

into submissiveness, and now you are slurring Kasich, ..

Sponsor evaluations are partially based on the performance of the charter schools they monitor.

It was confirmed at a state school board meeting this week that David Hansen, the department’s head of school choice and husband of Gov. John Kasich’s presidential campaign manager, had deleted some of the academic results of the state’s online charter schools in evaluating the sponsors.

Sponsors make money based on the number of students enrolled in the schools they oversee. Online charter schools are critical to their finances because those schools are among the largest in the state.

Hansen was grilled at the state school board meeting while Ross sat silently. Hansen confirmed that he dropped some of the worst scores for online schools because the numbers “masked” potential success.

what, you think Kasich is the House in Ohio? You think he's not for charter school reform?

I'm sure he is for reform, but he did appoint/nepotize an important position, as stated in the link

Union innuendo, no explanations, or vague tippietoe hoping to marginalize anybody who doesn't kiss

union butt?

Before Hansen was hired by Ross to his $107,000-a-year job, he was a vice president for government relations for the National Association of Charter School Authorizers, which advocates for the expansion of charter schools. He is scheduled this fall to participate in an association panel discussion on sponsor accountability.

He also served on the board of two Columbus charter schools, according to the school’s federal tax filings, and was president of the Buckeye Institute, a libertarian organization.

In an earlier version of this story, the Beacon Journal reported that it found in public documents that Hansen served on the board of Great Western Academy, a Columbus charter school, in the 2013-14 school year, which could be a conflict of interest with his job with the state.

An official for the for-profit school management company, Imagine Schools, said Friday that Hansen was on the board of Great Western during the time he also was employed as the department’s head of charter school oversight.

However, on Saturday, Imagine said that its initial statement was incorrect and that he resigned before joining the department.

The school enrolls about 900 students and receives about $7 million in public dollars annually, making it one of the largest in Ohio.

It's not being a Union hack, here's some more stuff, in case you don't believe me. It's called smoke and mirrors....

http://innovationohio.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/education_record_082714.pdf

hack job.

A. The husband of the campaign manager... did some crap stuff, altering data.

Where is it again, that Kasich made him do it, like the devil?

Gee, I missed it the first time....maybe. But I don't think so. And your hack followup post,

really?

"some people claim" and then they argue with that? "Some people" think that liberals ....

really.

B. Throwing money, who threw more, is hardly a claim to fame, but it makes the teachers happy.

trouble is, you are what....?

Against all charter schools? They hurt your union power philosophy? Kasich does support charter schools,

and your own freakin article says he personally came up with badly needed reforms, and several of those

reforms were accepted.

And this is a problem....why? Where the hell is the "dirt" with that? Your dirt claim is still bogus.

You just hate any politician that doesn't kiss union power butt.

And "innovation ohio" LOLLOLLOL.

You can't possibly be serious. I reviewed their "news' articles, went back a few years....

and every single article attacked republicans. even attacked Romney, Walker...

and not once did they criticize a democrat. I personally never heard of it - figures that you knew of it.

About as politically neutral and honest as any other George Soros funded "group".

And I didn't complain, UnionBob, about your posting of links. I was complaining that your

little political hit thing held no water whatsoever in your post.

Kasich, Walker, Reagan, anybody else who doesn't kiss your union butts is the enemy. Got it.

But it's ignorant.

You just hate any politician that doesn't kiss union power butt.

The world according to Cal.

You can keep the blinders on if you will. There's a link at the end of my prior post that you could opt to check out if you want, but I doubt you'd like it.

Once again, it's not about kissing butt, it's about what is supposed to be the American way, free enterprise, whatever you may like to call it. Looks like you call it "extortion" if it comes from a union, but it's ok if it comes from the back door.

Say you hire me to put a roof on your house and we agree to a price, handshake on it. Sounds like a deal for both of us....then along comes somebody who says "you two can't do a deal like that, I'm altering your deal.".....is that ok Cal? (This is the problem I had with Scott Walker, fyi).

A. You didn't read my posts, Bob. I went to your link, and read up other links, etc etc etc.

You find fault with Kasich, okay. But inventing fault where there is none is the liberal way.

As in, finding political benefit from emotionally charged charges, regardless of the lack of

substantiation behind it.

You omit one serious point of it all, Bob.

Let's say, my house is on fire, and some liberal, dishonest firefighters show up, but insist that I agree

to pay an extremely high price to get my roof fixed, by the lead firefighter's brother, who is

in the roofing business, before they put out the fire.

I'm desperate, have no choice to agree. But, after they put my fire out, I get pretty ticked off,

about being coerced into agreeing to a crap deal.

So, I decide that under coercion, the deal was bogus. When I am forced to agree to a deal,

I don't really agree to the deal.

So, I hire somebody else to fix my roof at a fair price. What you call negotiate, I call

soft exhortion. Walker leveled the playing field. That made you unions ticked off because

you lost supreme leverage.

The world according to Cal.

You can keep the blinders on if you will. There's a link at the end of my prior post that you could opt to check out if you want, but I doubt you'd like it.

Once again, it's not about kissing butt, it's about what is supposed to be the American way, free enterprise, whatever you may like to call it. Looks like you call it "extortion" if it comes from a union, but it's ok if it comes from the back door.

Say you hire me to put a roof on your house and we agree to a price, handshake on it. Sounds like a deal for both of us....then along comes somebody who says "you two can't do a deal like that, I'm altering your deal.".....is that ok Cal? (This is the problem I had with Scott Walker, fyi).

On the other hand Bob lets say you make the deal and then we have a drought and Cal has no tomatoes to sell or you go to Home Depot and find out but the price of a bundle of shingles has quadrupled.

WSS

On the other hand Bob lets say you make the deal and then we have a drought and Cal has no tomatoes to sell or you go to Home Depot and find out but the price of a bundle of shingles has quadrupled.

WSS

Then we come back to the table and talk. I wouldn't expect a 3rd party to intervene into our agreement and rip it up.

A. You didn't read my posts, Bob. I went to your link, and read up other links, etc etc etc.

Let's say, my house is on fire, and some liberal, dishonest firefighters show up, but insist that I agree

to pay an extremely high price to get my roof fixed, by the lead firefighter's brother, who is

in the roofing business, before they put out the fire.

Ok, you win Cal. I'm a liberal, dishonest firefighter. Yeah, right.

Somebody put a link to a political allegiance story recently, and my answers aligned with Huckabee (someone pointed out that may have been rigged).

Carry on, enjoy the day.

Online schools are a joke. Can you imagine making your kid go to an only online school from K-12? Sociai skills are already bad enough with smart phone addiction.

I can only imagine how online phys ed works. Bob Beamon's Mexico City jump is in jeopardy.

I did a show in which 1 of the act on the bill was a family bluegrass band whose name escapes me at the present time but they were very good players and very nice and devout people. I asked them some of them teenagers some of them in their twenties and paren't where they went to school. They were all homeschooled and the ones of college age either graduated from or presently attending Hillsdale with a remarkably high grade point average. So it can be done.

I'm not sure that I'd trust and online trained physician however.

WSS

I'm not saying it can't be done, and I'd expect them to have high GPAs. In my own anecdotal experience, with the handful of homeschooled kids I've met in the last few years, most of them were a little "off" socially. (and some of the private school kids acted like they were god's gift to Earth).

That's just my own experience though. I'm sure there are perfectly normal homeschool kids.

A. Don't be claiming victimhood, Bob. I didn't call you anything. Are you going to imply

that all union people are honest? Come on, hang around and discuss stuff.

B. Unions are great...except some unions have accrued way too much power, and have tried

to hold the country's safety and cleanliness as hostage. Way too much power.

C. My only point was, you have beebopped in, made political jabs and then disappeared without

having to explain what the hell you are talking about. I do commend you though, you are trying

to justify criticizing Kasich - it just doesn't fly.

D. What happens? A union directive come out that says "go to some forum and say bad things about people

who won't kiss union butt" ???

E. Kasich did overreach on that bill in Ohio. Bad move, it went way too much the other direction. Not dirt. Just wrong.

F. A lot of unions are automatically clicked into self-interest with national elections these days. Promise a lot of

union people, like the teachers unions, a perk, and you have their votes, it doesn't matter that you should

NOT be elected president, or to Congress.

G. So, I see CERTAIN unions being all about "what's in it for us union people"...and not about the best person to

be in national office. And that ends up automatically being the dems. So don't be whining about a Republican

who would never get your vote, because he didn't kiss union butt, getting into office and considering your

way too much power, work to level the playing field. You did it to yourselves.

H. The last time I saw where a union supported a republican for president was...eh....................don't remember.

There's going to be home schooled kids that aren't this or that, just like there are in public schools.

The option to home school kids is priceless - it keeps public schools from being

A. Crap schools, unsafe environments.

B. Indoctrination centers for whoever has the power to decide.

and makes public schools ACCOUNTABLE. When parents fiercely object to the way

a school is teaching or operating, they can home school their kids in self defense.

A. Don't be claiming victimhood, Bob. I didn't call you anything. Are you going to imply

that all union people are honest? Come on, hang around and discuss stuff.

I went golfing with my pals. I'm not claiming victimhood, I'm pointing out a serious problem/abuse in the Ohio Dept. of Education.

B. Unions are great...except some unions have accrued way too much power, and have tried

to hold the country's safety and cleanliness as hostage. Way too much power.

C. My only point was, you have beebopped in, made political jabs and then disappeared without

having to explain what the hell you are talking about. I do commend you though, you are trying

to justify criticizing Kasich - it just doesn't fly.

It doesn't fly with you at least. Even Cleveland.com had the story, and they endorsed Kasich for governor (twice). http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/07/states_top_school_choice_offic.html#incart_m-rpt-1

D. What happens? A union directive come out that says "go to some forum and say bad things about people

who won't kiss union butt" ???

No, I make my own informed judgments

E. Kasich did overreach on that bill in Ohio. Bad move, it went way too much the other direction. Not dirt. Just wrong.

F. A lot of unions are automatically clicked into self-interest with national elections these days. Promise a lot of

union people, like the teachers unions, a perk, and you have their votes, it doesn't matter that you should

NOT be elected president, or to Congress.

True, and true on other accounts as well, like social issues. Most hardcore Ds or Rs would vote for Satan if he ran, they don't drift from the party line.

G. So, I see CERTAIN unions being all about "what's in it for us union people"...and not about the best person to

be in national office. And that ends up automatically being the dems. So don't be whining about a Republican

who would never get your vote, because he didn't kiss union butt, getting into office and considering your

way too much power, work to level the playing field. You did it to yourselves.

How is putting a link or two on here criticizing our governor, who is a potential presidential candidate, whining? Also, I failed to mention/paste the clip about how the White Hat Management guy named David Brennan is a major campaign contributor to the Rs, and Kasich. That group of schools directly benefits from the false evaluations of the schools...that's a problem Kasich needs to clean up or it won't look good for him.

H. The last time I saw where a union supported a republican for president was...eh....................don't remember.

I don't either. When they stand firm against collective bargaining, it's not an endearing quality.

Archived