THE BROWNS BOARD

Out of the Doghouse 2015?

TexasAg1969

So, he can return kicks and we had five #1s in three years:

Richardson, Weeden

Mingo

Gilbert, Manziel

None of them are starting and two of them are gone.

I'm pretty sure ... OK, absolutely sure ... no team has ever fucked up five first round picks in three years like us.

But we won the rest of the draft and we will make the playoffs with McCown, so there's that ...

Zombo

So, he can return kicks and we had five #1s in three years:

Richardson, Weeden

Mingo

Gilbert, Manziel

None of them are starting and two of them are gone.

I'm pretty sure ... OK, absolutely sure ... no team has ever fucked up five first round picks in three years like us.

But we won the rest of the draft and we will make the playoffs with McCown, so there's that ...

Zombo

I think Mingo plays far better this year as a two armed man. I don't give up on him that fast.

i know and that pisses me off big time. i'm just wondering if he doesn't want to be on this team?

The train is leaving, and homeboy better get on or get run over. If Desier and K'Wuan turn out to be All-Pros and Gilbert doesn't, or worse yet gets cut, that's still pretty damn good........ Time will tell and his clock is ticking.

I'm hoping his quote was out of frustration and it just came out wrong.

The good things is that we have a deep ass secondary even if he dont pan out. Cant cry about stuff that is what it is. I personally like Desir, last year there was a tv special on him and made me like him more. He is a family guy fist and foremost, which means he will concentrate more on the game rather then other shananagins. The dude is super raw but is gonna be a steal for us. Also, if the DB from Oregon pays off in 2 years, the wasted Gilbert pick wont even be mentioned.

I think Mingo plays far better this year as a two armed man. I don't give up on him that fast.

I agree! He's only 24 and started playing organized football in 2007 as a junior in H.S. He's an all state track man.

There is lots of growing yet to do. I think they should have him blitz about every 3rd defensive play.

IMHO, the bottom line is...Johnny has fire & Gilbert doesn't. It's not often I give up on a player, but I just don't see real fire & pride in Gilbert. I also don't see him as responding to coaching or relating to his teammates. I seldom sour on a player, but I have on Gilbert.

I also do NOT think Pettine & Farmer will keep this guy around just because he was our top pick a year ago.

We'll see.

Mike

It's as if the kid does not know that Mudfly's rep is at stake here...

He didnt get the memo, I guess......;)

or mine. i was hoping like hell we'd land gilbert in the draft. now i wish it'd been my second choice which was evans.

I was all in too......not giving up yet though......too much obvious talent.....

IMHO, the bottom line is...Johnny has fire & Gilbert doesn't. It's not often I give up on a player, but I just don't see real fire & pride in Gilbert. I also don't see him as responding to coaching or relating to his teammates. I seldom sour on a player, but I have on Gilbert.

I also do NOT think Pettine & Farmer will keep this guy around just because he was our top pick a year ago.

We'll see.

Mike

Good points Mike.....Im thinking the FO is just as frustrated as we are.....especially since it's apparent he has the raw skills and talent to play in this league.....

Cutting a guy who sucks is easy.....but letting all that raw talent walk is so much harder......you just keep thinking(and hoping)(and praying) that the light goes on......

Maybe three's a charm, but now there's a knee in the picture... dammit...

I agree! He's only 24 and started playing organized football in 2007 as a junior in H.S. He's an all state track man.

There is lots of growing yet to do. I think they should have him blitz about every 3rd defensive play.

Except that he's been a one-trick pony blitzing (speed) and last year showed signs of being our best cover LB...

At the 2013 Combine he weighed 241.

His roster weight this year? 240...

The question about him coming in was about adding mass to his track body to add a power element to his game... both for pass rushing and run D. He hasn't... and I am going to guess it is not for lack of effort.

Here's to his speedy recovery...

I will say this about Justin....he keeps flashing....he had the best DB play last night and is having a big day today too....

It's pretty clear that Pettine bases a LOT on how these guys practice....and Justin obviously isnt strong in his preparation or practice habits....

But....when he plays....he keeps showing that supreme talent.....

I think(hope) if he actually gets a chance to play, he will do well.......but really needs to step it up at practice, if he's ever gonna get that chance.....

Archived