THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's 2015 NFL Team Preview: Browns

EmDiggy

Here's my list......

What top tier QB would have an interest in coming here? The way they treat and handle QB'a, the best they'll do is guys like Delhomme, Hoyer and McCown, just to name a few. Journeymen, who never really led teams, been career backups, and come here as a short term opportunity. I actually like Lewis more so to make this team as the 2nd or 3rd QB if he gets an opportunity. When you put guys like that, with no upside, and you elevate them, making them out to be more than what they actually are, you inhibit Manziel, and limit his opportunities.

What top tier QB would have an interest in coming here? The way they treat and handle QB'a, the best they'll do is guys like Delhomme, Hoyer and McCown, just to name a few. Journeymen, who never really led teams, been career backups, and come here as a short term opportunity. I actually like Lewis more so to make this team as the 2nd or 3rd QB if he gets an opportunity. When you put guys like that, with no upside, and you elevate them, making them out to be more than what they actually are, you inhibit Manziel, and limit his opportunities.

The only thing that has inhibited Manziel is himself. If he was ill prepared last year, then he's had to take additional time to adjust to the day in and day out's of being the consummate Pro QB.That alone is daunting. Then you have to go through the finer things such as footwork, eye usage, keys, reads, protections, play calls, packages etc etc.

By the flip side of things, when you elevate a guy like Johnny, who has a history of not putting in the work - it sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

Your point is two fold in the opposite direction. Truth be told, you sound like half the fuckers you'll find in the Muni lot.

Your point is two fold in the opposite direction. Truth be told, you sound like half the drunk steeler fan fuckers you'll find in the Muni lot. Tiam

**fixed**

What top tier QB would have an interest in coming here? The way they treat and handle QB'a,

No....it is an issue of the way the QBs treat and handle us. They have sucked swamp water, everyone of them. Name one single Browns QB that has been here....let go, then won fame and fortune eisewhere.....the answer is the same as what is inside a doughnut....nada.

the best they'll do is guys like Delhomme, Hoyer and McCown, just to name a few. Journeymen, who never really led teams, been career backups, and come here as a short term opportunity. I actually like Lewis more so to make this team as the 2nd or 3rd QB if he gets an opportunity. When you put guys like that, with no upside, and you elevate them, making them out to be more than what they actually are, you inhibit Manziel, and limit his opportunities.

Manziel had/has a glorious opportunity to become a football hero/star in this town and in the NFL. He just has to be able to play. So far, he has not shown that he can play with the big boys. The opportunity is there for him. Maybe he could have used another year in college....or a couple of years on the Taxi Squad. That is what Brian Sipe did. If its good enough for him, its good enough for Johnny.

JM himself admits his rookie year was squandered in trying to BE Johnny Football rather than actually learning to be an NFL QB. So for all intents and purposes this is his real rookie year where he is to truly learn what it takes and how to do it. My guess is that by midway through the season, barring a miracle run with Josh at the helm, he will be given multiple games to try to put it all into practice like last year's other rookie QB's. And yes, he has to earn that shot in practice and prove he deserves it. If he is the competitor I think he is who has become more serious about the game (and his life), he will get that shot. I trust this staff that they didn't draft him for no good reason. They did it because they think he can be the QB they want. If not, then he won't even make the 53 squad.

Ag.... BION I hope you are right, but I am afraid that the "JFF mystique" is gone and we'll find it was an essential piece of JM's past success.

The only thing that has inhibited Manziel is himself.

Beat me to it...

Jorsh McGown, quaberterk for the Clorbeland Brawns.

lol... knuckle typing at its finest...

I am afraid that the "JFF mystique" is gone and we'll find it was an essential piece of JM's past success.

me too.....I think he had a supreme sense of confidence and cockiness that allowed him to play so well in college.....and now that has left him.......he needs to get that back to play well and is really pressing hard to find it.....

He needs time.....lots and lots of time......

And sounds like JH is ready to give it to him. So, if there are no expectations from the team for him to perform THIS year, then Id say they better keep Shaw........

psst... The Browns are "built to run the ball and an attacking defense (sic)".

You wouldn't by chance be fond of the color "coral" would you?

One of our rare, total agreements...

We drafted Manziel to be our QB of the future. His path started with watching and learning in 2014.

Same as Bridgewater...

Same as Bortles...

JM may have watched...

Once Hoyer declined mightily the staff did commit to JM for the balance of the season. And after showing how ill-prepared he was to start, JM pulled a hammie...

Let's see what the new, improved JM earns in 2015.

Classic stuff! Well done!

I haven't seen that many CAPS in a post since Ghoolie busted one of our fans for rooting for the Steelers and we all got treated to the heated response. Even better, it was free. Pond at least gave us a dejavue.

All that said, those of us that have been following the Browns for decades never find it boring when someone shows up to tell us how much better he sees it all.

me too.....I think he had a supreme sense of confidence and cockiness that allowed him to play so well in college.....and now that has left him.......he needs to get that back to play well and is really pressing hard to find it.....

Well, that (the cockiness), and people doubting him. And plenty of people are still doing that part.

Well, that (the cockiness), and people doubting him. And plenty of people are still doing that part.

You make it sound like they have zero right to be doing that.

Seriously....as if the doubters are the reason he plays so poorly......completely redunkulous!!

The "doubt" is well earned.....

Way I read it war was saying that skeptics simply fuel JM's competitive fire...

That's very possible...

Glad to do my part... ;)

the skeptics are still there (and in fact are much louder now).

doubt if they could ever drown out the JF fags from last year. glad to see that is done. where there was once an abundance of A&M fans tooting manziel's horn on here there are only 2 true browns fans left.....you and AG. glad to see the skeptical and indifferent didn't get in the way of what is truly important, and that's cleveland browns football.

doubt if they could ever drown out the JF fags from last year. glad to see that is done. where there was once an abundance of A&M fans tooting manziel's horn on here there are only 2 true browns fans left.....you and AG. glad to see the skeptical and indifferent didn't get in the way of what is truly important, and that's cleveland browns football.

Yep, have seen this on numerous boards. We had the legendary Lumbergh here back in the DumbAss and Queen glory days. That dude was funny as hell, though.

Nothing like friends, family or fans of college players telling us Browns fans about our team lol.

Way I read it war was saying that skeptics simply fuel JM's competitive fire...

Ahh.....Ok....I can see that....

The cockiness is gone according to Mud. Was just pointing out that the skeptics are still there (and in fact are much louder now).

According to me.....and anyone else watching.....

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic.....Hell, Im skeptical about LOTS of players....it's just that they dont have a fan club that gets all butt hurt when you say their guy doesnt look so good......

You clearly weren't here last year or you wouldnt say the skeptics are louder......its was a nightmare, all the hating and defending that was going on......

Now?.....I dont really see ANY hate or issues with people slamming manziel(and NOTHING like it was)....I only see people reporting on him and how he is playing right now(just like ALL the other players).....sorry if the reports arent to your liking....

Read some articles from the press....they are reporting the same things we are....just the facts....

So, when I say D. Bryant...or Benjiman....or Mingo...or Hartline may get cut, its no issue.......

But,oh my goodness, when someone points out that Johnny doesnt look so good or might be 3rd string, we are somehow evil haters or something....

Ill be the first to get excited if he plays well.....but, at this point a year in, it hasnt happened......thus "skepticism"....

Yikes.....

Where am I butthurt? You sound far more butthurt about whatever pushback your criticism got than I am about anything. I'm just a happy go lucky kinda dude.

I the shoe doesnt fit, dont wear it......never said "you" were butt hurt....

Though my initial reply was a response to your quote.....the balance of my reply was more of a general reference to his "fan club" and their inability to swallow any JFF critiques.....if thats not you, then no worries....

I really haven't criticized Johnny, per se.....at least not anymore than any other player.....just posting his stats and general impressions.....he's just seems to get lots more of that extra "push back" you mentioned(way way more than any other player)....

So....sorry if my rant seemed directed at you....im just frustrated after a solid year of not being able to talk about this guy like I talk about other players, without some Johnny fan debating every single little comment and/or creating excuses instead of just excepting reality.......Its old......

Archived