THE BROWNS BOARD

Official first training camp notes thread..

Mudfly

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns just waived WR Rodney Smith.....

Sign LB Moise Fokou.....(Mingo out for a while maybe?)

Fokou is a 6-1, 243-pound veteran in his seventh NFL season out of Maryland. Originally selected by the Eagles in the seventh round in 2009, Fokou has appeared in 73 career games with the Eagles, Colts, Titans and Saints. He has totaled 195 tackles, three sacks, six passes defensed, four forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries on defense and 40 stops on special teams. Last season, he appeared in two games with the Saints. Born in Cameroon, Africa, Fokou graduated from Bullis High School in Potomac, Md.

Where are these guys coming from? Fresh camp cuts or UFA leftovers from off-season?

Gotta be off the scrap heap, eh?......looks like he played a lot for the Titans a couple seasons ago and plays both inside and out....

still.....he's a 7 year vet that has yet to stick anywhere......

Yeah... seems like a lot of churning with the prop digging into the river bottom...

In his latest interview vid Fleury was talking about concerns that lack of available depth at OLB would force him to play "set" players, specifically Reilly, more than he'd like to come Thursday nite...

Looks like Fokou is going to see action late vs. WSH.

Here is a nice little tidbit from today's TC by Kevin Jones:

"Justin Gilberticon-article-link.gif had one of the most athletic interceptions in all of training camp. Quarterback Connor Shawicon-article-link.gif tried to fit in a pass near the sidelines, and Gilbert hung in the air like he was dunking a basketball to secure the pick. Pettine said Gilbert could possibly return some kicks in the preseason."

MKC was on the Bull & Fox Show this afternoon.

When asked about the seriousness of Joe Thomas' injury, she replied that the team Dr's decided to not even send him for an MRI.

Which leads me to believe, it's pretty minor.

MKC was on the Bull & Fox Show this afternoon.

When asked about the seriousness of Joe Thomas' injury, she replied that the team Dr's decided to not even send him for an MRI.

Which leads me to believe, it's pretty minor.

i dunno canton dawg, MKC doesn't know shit from shineola. hopefully she didn't make up this story like 80% of the stuff she does.

i dunno canton dawg, MKC doesn't know shit from shineola. hopefully she didn't make up this story like 80% of the stuff she does.

I hear ha mik, I wouldn't believe that bitch if she said "good morning".

Unfortunately, while on that 1 hr drive home from Euclid the Bull & Fox show is my only Browns fix during my commute.

Everything I'm reading on the interweb is saying that JT got rolled up (Shelton??) but he was able to walk afterwards.

I want to see what Erving can do, but not at the expense of somebody like JT.

Posted Today, 08:38 PM

LOL. When I say it at work, the younger employees say, "Old man's at it again!".

Mike

well, you are ancient, ya know.... B)

No. I quit when I could no longer buy Shinola Shoe Polish!! LOL

They went out of business in 1960, but one can could last a decade...

Interesting article popped up in google... the name rights to Shinola were purchased in 2011 and the company makes watches and other accessories.

How Shinola Went From Shoe Polish to the Coolest Brand in America

Nobody's confusing shit with Shinola anymore

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/how-shinola-went-shoe-polish-coolest-brand-america-165459

Good news.....although not practicing today, JT is dressed and stretching.....looks fine.....

Conversely......Johnny is not doing QB drills or throwing today....hmmmm....(tired arm?)

Pettine said earlier that if they dont practice Tuesday, they dont play Thursday......hoping this doesnt apply to JFF....really want to see him play in a game situation....

Good news.....although not practicing today, JT is dressed and stretching.....looks fine.....

Conversely......Johnny is not doing QB drills or throwing today....hmmmm....(tired arm?)

Pettine said earlier that if they dont practice Tuesday, they dont play Thursday......hoping this doesnt apply to JFF....really want to see him play in a game situation....

Maybe resting him for his Thursday debut.

@TonyGrossi: #Browns Joe thomas practicing today. And RB Duke Johnson in uniform.

@TonyGrossi: Looks like #Browns Terrelle Pryor will practice too.

Pryor needs every rep he can get given how good the WRs looked, and Duke needs to get that uni dirty...... ASAP!

Well when your defense struggles at defending a outside run attack a week with Shady McCoy can't hurt.. Orchard, Bloodbath or A. Bryant somebody's got to step up.

Archived