THE BROWNS BOARD

Minimum wage hike already backfiring

Ok some minimum wage employees might be able to eventually take jobs in manufacturing, development and engineering but let's get real. The majority of adult mcdonalds workers would not have been able to keep their shit together enough to successfully enter the actual work force.

Natural evolution of things. I'm sure our country has had similar things happen in the past due to technology

We just need to make the education and training they need more easily available

Just because the education and training is available, doesn't mean people have the ability to use it and understand it. Or the want and desire to better themselves

Just because the education and training is available, doesn't mean people have the ability to use it and understand it. Or the want and desire to better themselves

Right, and we can't force them too.

But for those that want to, but can't afford it, we should give them easier access.

Keep in mind that 1 of the aimes of all the science technology etc is to come up with ways to produce without using much human labor. You don't need 10000 grunts in overalls to run Google.

If a monkey can do the job it's probably not going to be worth a lot of money. And if we are forced to pay a lot of money then technology will rightly replace that job.

WSS

Right, and we can't force them too.

But for those that want to, but can't afford it, we should give them easier access.

I'd rather see more people skip college altogether unless they're planning to be a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer and apprentice in a trade instead. I would guess (yes its a guess woody brfore you start in with your usual semantic bickering) somewhere around 75% of college degrees are worthless and amount to little more than cash grabs for the school.

Archived