THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady suspension UPHELD

Kvoethe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm over deflate gate. Let brady play I say. If a couple of psi is the reason for the utter dominance if thr patriots for fifteen years we need to start looking at it in Berea

for real. same people that think brady is a cheater think belichick is a bum.

both first ballot HOFers and at this point belichick is pushing lombardi for being the greatest coach of all time.

sorry they're not on my team but that doesn't mean i don't see what they are.

Tom Brady doesn't need to try to make the NFL look bad. It makes itself looks bad easily enough.

I'm not sure how it is "arrogant" to say you shouldn't be suspended for something when the main incriminating report isn't even sure if you're guilty. He fought a wrongful suspension, no arrogance involved. Again, I'll keep going back to the scientific evidence brought up in the response to the Wells report.

This will go to court and it will make the NFL look evn worse.

He's arrogant because he could have gotten down to 1 game but is choosing this instead. You think it's wrongful, but I don't. It's not a matter of disliking Brady, it's a matter of looking at all the variables. I don't understand why it's hard for people to realize the "scientific evidence" means very little. Look at this matter of factly-Brady (and the Patriots) are accused of this. They are very uncooperative from the start and Brady destroys evidence that is pretty critical in the case. In the court of law these factors really weaken his case and will almost certainly not allow him to win in court. In fact, I'll bet a crisp $50 when the dust settles on this the end result is he doesn't win in court, but gets his suspension reduced. I admit it, I'm 100% convinced Brady knew this was going on. Sure, I don't think he made sure before every game but I'm confident the ball boys knew to do it for him. I also don't think it's the reason they've won all this time either, but it doesn't make it right.

As Mix pointed out, the Union based agreement means Goddell is perfectly within his legal right to suspend him. I disdain the guy but he hasn't sidestepped with Brady.

i just think the whole thing is stupid. if 'deflating' a football -0.0087 per quantum gaseous mass/+.285 variable atmospheric pressure/+/-humidity added to fat sweaty ball boy hands +/- how many hard-boiled eggs he ate (all ridiculousness) means a QB who doesn't handle the balls himself prior to giving them to the refs for pre-game check, is cheating....then jumpin jehosafats!!!

he might not win in court but the league is really starting to look like the right arm of a nazi swizzle stick with the way these new little nitpicky rules are being tossed around. i get a lot of people hate the patriots because they are constantly winning and beating other people's teams out every year but as Brad 'B-Rad' Gluckman once said famously... "don't be hatin'!"

If everything is as insignificant as that, why did he do it? And why did he lie about it, then attempt to destroy the evidence?

why does any QB do it? or any kicker do it? he got caught because the colts pointed it out....and i wouldn't say he did it cuz he actually doesn't have the capacity to do it.

destroying evidence as in not turning over your phone? hmmm. let's see, if your boss says give me your phone i want to look through it, would you give it to him? trying to hide something or not, i'd tell them to kiss my ass as well. ask these gun toters if someone said give me your gun and see the replies you'd get. of course not on the same level but there is something called privacy. maybe he had cunny shots of gizelle on there and your going to give the phone to goodell. GTFO.

i know you're british so you have to hate anything boston. i get it. B) you're not the only one who doesn't like getting their asses kicked from NE (NEW england).

I used to have family in Lowell, visited boston a few times, lovely place.

Anyway - the rules exist for a reason. The patriots seem to have attempted to circumvent them, then when being caught have attempted to obscure the evidence. It's not like Wells was just looking for pictures of Giselle...probably.

I like to think the Browns did not lose any draft picks in their punishment over the texting controversy with GM Ray Farmer because he and the Browns org. cooperated fully with the NFL investigation. I wouldn't like to see Brady get rewarded for his non-cooperation.

I was going to write a big thing to really get the point across, but ESPN actually did a really good piece on this. Long story short, Brady has NO shot in court-this looks at all the variables from an actual lawyer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/new-england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-nflpa-likely-come-short-court-challenge-roger-goodell-decision

Probably the most important thing in here:

Q: What will Brady's lawyers argue in their attempt to reverse Goodell's ruling?

A: Led by the estimable Jeffrey Kessler, the Brady legal team will argue that Brady did nothing wrong, that the Wells report failed to establish that Brady had a role in the inflation of the game balls, that the penalty is too harsh, and that Goodell was not a neutral arbitrator. None of these arguments offers a compelling reason for a judge to reverse Goodell's decision. All of the arguments were raised in detail in the arbitration hearing, and Goodell answered each one of them in exquisite and persuasive detail in his 20-page opinion. It is difficult to imagine a judge reconsidering any of them. The players gave away the idea of a neutral arbitrator when they voluntarily agreed in collective bargaining that the commissioner would make the final decision in conduct detrimental cases.

I used to have family in Lowell, visited boston a few times, lovely place.

Anyway - the rules exist for a reason. The patriots seem to have attempted to circumvent them, then when being caught have attempted to obscure the evidence. It's not like Wells was just looking for pictures of Giselle...probably.

lived in revere and medford while stationed at ft. devens in mass. boston is a great 'small' big city.

my point is the whole thing is ridiculous. if the league was so friggin worried about this issue then why didn't they have the ball pressure nazis in place to monitor these things BEFORE this happened. you know why?because the colts have gotten their asses kicked every year they've tried to get past the patriots in the playoffs so they pointed this out. how did they know the ball farted and some air was let out, i dunno? but it's not the first time teams have pointed to the patriots for something because their team just can't beat them on the field. believe me if this was the buffalo bills and their org. this wouldn't even be a top ten story on espn.

the nfl with roger goodell is doing themselves a disservice with this whole thing because they are basically damaging their own image. like it or not, tom brady is the golden boy of the league. people that don't watch football know the face of tom brady and his (then) wholesome image. so now they turn off people that at one point might have wanted to watch the game just to see him and his hot model wife.

and oh btw, those floating ducks he throws that could be picked off by a ball boy from the opposing team sure made the difference in all their superbowl victories. but let's make this an OJ trial and throw every media faction of the globe at an issue of a ball being deflated by whatever while players are beating their wives or getting busted for drugs etc.

haters gotta hate.

I was going to write a big thing to really get the point across, but ESPN actually did a really good piece on this. Long story short, Brady has NO shot in court-this looks at all the variables from an actual lawyer.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13332578/new-england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-nflpa-likely-come-short-court-challenge-roger-goodell-decision

only because the players union fucked up when bargaining their contract. the little guys wanted as much leeway to get what they could because the average player plays for 3-5 years not leaning towards the stars that last 10+.

I am very disappointed by the NFLs decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either. Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was probable that I was generally aware of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable. I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline. Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong. To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no smoking gun and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing. I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight. Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots.

In light of yesterdays league ruling, I felt it was important to make a statement today prior to the start of training camp, Kraft said, noting it would be his final comment until the league process plays out. The decision handed down by the league yesterday is unfathomable to me. It is routine for discipline in the NFL to be reduced upon appeal. In the vast majority of these cases, there is tangible and hard evidence of the infraction for which the the discipline is being imposed, and still the initial penalty gets reduced. Six months removed from the AFC Championship Game, the league still has no hard evidence of anybody doing anything to tamper with the PSI levels of footballs. I continue to believe and unequivocally support Tom Brady.

I, first and foremost, need to apologize to our fans, because I truly believe what I did in May, given the actual evidence of the situation and the leagues history on such matters, would make it much easier for the league to exonerate Tom Brady. Unfortunately I was wrong.

^^well of course the Patriots and Tom Brady are going to say that, I'm really not sure what you think that solves or proves. He's defending himself just like anyone else would and that's his version of events. That's how it always goes in legal matters..

I'll repeat it again since it's not going through apparently. What I've said from the start is that Tom Brady thought being the golden boy would get him out of this and it didn't. Goddell, rightly or wrongly, made a decision that was perfectly within his rights to do. I hope you take to time to read the link I posted because it can't state any better than I can that in this case Brady will lose in court. The science of everything literally means zilch, nothing. I really abhor Goddell but there's no denying he played this one close to the vest and didn't mess it up. This is what the union agreed to and he's flexing his muscles. Brady had an easy chance to get this reduced but would rather save face and take the four games, which I don't think is the worst idea. You may think he's innocent, I may think he knew about this stuff for a long time. Frankly, either side of that doesn't matter and what I've said is the facts of the suspension.

yep...the Nfl is a business, not a democracy or a court room....and the commish calls all the shots...period

I really dont get why people care so much about NE or Tom Brady.....doesnt affect us Browns fans one way or the other.....

Hell...Goodell took our GM away for texting a coach and took our All-pro WR away for having a drinky poo......

So, sorry if Im not crying for anyone elses team and their problems...(esp those accused of cheating)(several times)...

Can't stand Baaaston or Brady. Just saw the owner crying on TV about the decision. Screw him too.

you sir, are hilarious, and i love it!

i really DON"T care about this, it's just amazing the people that line up against super bowl champs. half the people here hate belichick. if it wasn't for modell and the team leaving, imagine what THAT team coulda been given the brain trust that was in cleveland...

i watched some espn 30 for 30 about the cleveland team that played right before they exited and was amazed at the names that were in the FO and coaching staff.

btw, diehard i think you'd love boston, it's very white and they have great seafood. B)

you sir, are hilarious, and i love it!

i really DON"T care about this, it's just amazing the people that line up against super bowl champs

Its a polarity thing....too many bandwagon fans line up for SB winners and pretty boy QB's already....

me?.....Im an equal opportunity bandwagon hater.....I root for the underdog and boo the winners....

Unless its the Browns, of course.....

I don't dislike the city, just the people, or maybe its the accent.

Or the Bostonian???......hey, if your in Cleveland and have ever heard the Bostonian on sports radio.....well, thats enough right there.....

^^well of course the Patriots and Tom Brady are going to say that, I'm really not sure what you think that solves or proves. He's defending himself just like anyone else would and that's his version of events. That's how it always goes in legal matters..

I'll repeat it again since it's not going through apparently. What I've said from the start is that Tom Brady thought being the golden boy would get him out of this and it didn't. Goddell, rightly or wrongly, made a decision that was perfectly within his rights to do. I hope you take to time to read the link I posted because it can't state any better than I can that in this case Brady will lose in court. The science of everything literally means zilch, nothing. I really abhor Goddell but there's no denying he played this one close to the vest and didn't mess it up. This is what the union agreed to and he's flexing his muscles. Brady had an easy chance to get this reduced but would rather save face and take the four games, which I don't think is the worst idea. You may think he's innocent, I may think he knew about this stuff for a long time. Frankly, either side of that doesn't matter and what I've said is the facts of the suspension.

I imagine that fact that there was no evidence proving his guilt made him think he'd get out of it...

I imagine that fact that there was no evidence proving his guilt made him think he'd get out of it...

How many times can I say before you understand?

You keep using the word guilt as if this is a criminal case. Goddell has the right to suspend players for conduct detrimental to the league. Big Ben was never charged with assaulting those women but made the shield look bad and got suspended. Do you really not get this? I'm trying to decide if you're too dumb to realize the truth here or are just employing the fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear plan.

How many times can I say before you understand?

You keep using the word guilt as if this is a criminal case. Goddell has the right to suspend players for conduct detrimental to the league. Big Ben was never charged with assaulting those women but made the shield look bad and got suspended. Do you really not get this? I'm trying to decide if you're too dumb to realize the truth here or are just employing the fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear plan.

You might need to pay attention to what I post. I already said I understand Goodell has all of the power here. I was telling you how Brady could think he'd got off without punishment. That reason being, there was nothing to prove his guilt. Nit just because you think he's an arrogant, pretty boy.

You might need to pay attention to what I post. I already said I understand Goodell has all of the power here. I was telling you how Brady could think he'd got off without punishment. That reason being, there was nothing to prove his guilt. Nit just because you think he's an arrogant, pretty boy.

"Proof" is a nefarious thing. People have been sentenced to death on mere circumstantial evidence...something you might not consider proof.

See Brady's teammate Aaron Hernandez. Convicted of murder with about as much evidence against him as there was against Brady for this business.

so if brady gets the 4 game suspension he'll end up not playing in dallas because of their bye week, although greg hardy will play that game after getting his 10 game suspension reduced to 4 games for almost killing a woman.

way to set the standard goodell!

so if brady gets the 4 game suspension he'll end up not playing in dallas because of their bye week, although greg hardy will play that game after getting his 10 game suspension reduced to 4 games for almost killing a woman.

way to set the standard goodell!

....and Farmer got 4 games for "fully cooperating" in textgate

Correct. It is the Ideal Gas Law. It can account for the fluctuation in psi. Pretty easily actually.

... except when V is not constant... as is the case with a football.

ok mister i hate the gov't. you gonna give up your phone to have some guy lurk through your calls?

Where is Snowden when we need him the most?

... except when V is not constant... as is the case with a football.

Did you read the rebuttal investigative report to the Wells report? It us a good read. It dives into all of the areas the Wells report failed at data acquisition

Archived