THE BROWNS BOARD

Plannedsaleofbabypartshood goes false victimhood to rile liberal voters

calfoxwc

The more you stir a cowpie, obamao, the more it stinks.

Even phoney dramatic claims are enough to get liberals to buy into it.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/30/planned-parenthood-hacking-sure-looks-like-an-orchestrated-pr-stunt/

Here's a question for anybody on either side. You your spouse your friend or family member whoever it might be has a terrible disease that could be cured with stem cells from a third trimester abortion.

A woman offers to force labor and abort at the eighth month for $5000.

The law will not be an impediment.

What do you do? Seriously honestly no bullshit...

WSS

Here's a question for anybody on either side. You your spouse your friend or family member whoever it might be has a terrible disease that could be cured with stem cells from a third trimester abortion.

WSS

Can't do it.

Come on guys no sugar coating no changing the parameters no justifications, no bullshit, that's your option pure simple you either do it or not.

WSS

It's a bit of a strange question though, because that circumstance would basically never occur.

It's a bit of a strange question though, because that circumstance would basically never occur.

Likely not. That's the deal with a hypothetical. If you don't want to answer because you might sound bad to somebody else just say no comment. Simple as that.

Cysko says he wouldn't do it.

I probably would.

By the way Chris you didn't have a problem answering the question about the genie offering you political options and I would be surprised if that ever happened.

;)

WSS

Likely not. That's the deal with a hypothetical. If you don't want to answer because you might sound bad to somebody else just say no comment. Simple as that.

Cysko says he wouldn't do it.

I probably would.

By the way Chris you didn't have a problem answering the question about the genie offering you political options and I would be surprised if that ever happened.

;)

WSS

That one at least made sense. This one, less so - it'd be like asking if you would shoot your mother in the face to save your wife. There's not really a scenario where it's going to happen.

So no comment?

WSS

I honestly have no idea how I'd respond under such circumstances. I'd also not know how I'd respond if I came face to face with a T-Rex, but it's not going to happen either.

Come on guys no sugar coating no changing the parameters no justifications, no bullshit, that's your option pure simple you either do it or not.

WSS

It is a very interesting moral conundrum, to be sure. I think the crucial determining factor in this question is the age of the fetus and how far it has developed. This quote from Sam Harris summerises my view on the matter rather well:

"A three-day-old human embryo is a collection of 150 cells called a blastocyst. There are, for the sake of comparison, more than 100,000 cells in the brain of a fly. The human embryos that are destroyed in stem-cell research do not have brains, or even neurons. Consequently, there is no reason to believe they can suffer their destruction in any way at all. It is worth remembered, in this context, that when a person's brain has died, we currently deem it acceptable to harvest his organs (provided he has donated them for this purpose) and bury him in the ground. If it is acceptable to treat a person whose brain has died as something less than a human being, it should be acceptable to treat a blastocyst as such. If you are concerned about suffering in this universe, killing a fly should present you with greater moral difficulties than killing a human blastocyst.

Perhaps you think that the crucial difference between a fly and a human blastocyst is to be found in the latter's potential to become a fully developed human being. But almost every cell in your body is a potential human being, given our recent advances in genetic engineering. Every time you scratch your nose, you have committed a Holocaust of potential human beings."

- Sam Harris, "Letter to a Christian Nation".

In moral problem for me would be deciding if the fetus had developed enough to be considered a conscious being, which had the ability to suffer if it was aborted. If it was aborted early enough in the pregnancy, I probably wouldn't be that hesitant to go through with it. But I'd be lying if I said that aborting a fetus that far along in development wouldn't give me some pause, because I would be less sure that the action of abortion would cause the fetus to suffer at that point or not.

WSS

"IF" it's a 100% cure than it's something to give pause, but it has to be a lasting cure...not a patch. Modern medicine just provides patches whick kicks the ball down the road. That, imo, is where all this stem cell research is leading to. Medical technologies which just keep people going in their current lifestyle. Patch upon patch upon patch till you're about 60 or 70 than see ya your time is up here. That after being on one medication after another for the last 15 years of your life. No thanks.

I think this fetal research is bullshit.

"IF" it's a 100% cure than it's something to give pause, but it has to be a lasting cure...not a patch. Modern medicine just provides patches whick kicks the ball down the road. That, imo, is where all this stem cell research is leading to. Medical technologies which just keep people going in their current lifestyle. Patch upon patch upon patch till you're about 60 or 70 than see ya your time is up here. That after being on one medication after another for the last 15 years of your life. No thanks.

And you always going on about your moral compass you hypocrite son of a bitch

NO. The inference that it's either/or is an emotionally charged hypothetical. It is not either/or.

Perfectly legit stem cells are available from umbilical cords.

And...

http://thefutureofthings.com/3451-artificial-stem-cells-may-cure-parkinsons-disease/

I know Steve is just raising an interesting question, but a lot of liberals use this

stuff as justification to support unlimited abortion.

And you always going on about your moral compass you hypocrite son of a bitch

I said it would give me pause you illiterate. Stop, calm down...read. I thought it was pretty clear that as it stands right now, I would absolutely not because I don't believe stem cell research is that miracle cure. So allowing this for future hopes, to me...right now....is a non starter. Do you understand me now? I said I would only think about it in the case that there was a miracle cure. Anybody that says they would watch their father or mother die horribly and NOT think about this is a fucking liar. I didn't say "do it"...I said think about it. EVRYONE would think about it.

WSS

Absolutely not.

Hey I've done this question before and surprisingly had a bunch of guys it just didn't want to answer. The question is what it is the conditions are what they are. No not real life just what would you do. I think some of us tend to say we are vehemently opposed to abortion when it seems more like a political position to me. I don't know how you can not consider that hypothetical especially if it was your wife or your child but I'm not calling anyone out. Just curious.

It does seem like somebody should be more freaked out over the idea that there are actually places that make the distinction that its legal in the case of the health of the mother and at the health can be construed to mean the mental health. That means if it would make her unhappy to go through with birth.

But I didn't post it as a gotcha.

WSS

That post was bullshit.

WSS

NO. In the first place, no one in my family if in that situation would agree to it anyway...knowing that a baby had to die in order for them to live would haunt them.

So, as usual, he had nothing legit to offer, so he

simply did the usual.

Woody is a friendless, lonely individual. Anyone his age who frequents football forums as much as he does tells you a lot about him. I pity him. But have him on ignore. Only see his posts when someone quotes them, which isn't much seeing as he is the joke of the board, lol.

Archived